2022 4* WR Omari Kelly Commits to Auburn!!!

ellitor

29 offers including AU, Bama, Florida, FSU, UGA, LSU, Michigan, OU, & Vols
New staff has picked up communication per Keith

• Like 4

Four-star WR Omari Kelly talks top schools

Chad Simmons • Rivals.com

Recruiting Analyst

@ChadSimmons_

Trussville (Ala.) Hewitt-Trussville four-star WR Omari Kelly emerged as one of the top prospects in Alabama last season. Over two dozen schools have offered the 6-foot-1, 175 pound junior and eight have emerged as favorites.

"Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Virginia are the schools in my top eight," said Kelly. "I have been talking to each of these schools at least two or three times a week, I have gotten to know coaches on each staff, and I feel like each could give me a great opportunity on and off the field."

Alabama and Auburn are the in-state schools, Kelly is familiar with each program, but one has a new staff. Both the Crimson Tide and Tigers have his attention though.

"Alabama is about that winning culture they have and how they have been putting wide receivers in the NFL. I know what Auburn has done in the past, and now it is about getting to know the new coaches. I have been talking to coach Cornelius Williams, the new receivers coach, and he is pretty cool."

South Carolina is another school that has a new staff. Justin Stepp is the lead recruiter and Kelly sees the Gamecocks as a school "on the come up".

Florida, Georgia and LSU are three more SEC programs high on his list.

"I really like Florida's passing offense and how they throw it a lot. I have done a virtual visit with Georgia, and I like how they help their players transition from high school to college and what they do on the field. LSU has a great winning history and they get players to the NFL."

The Sooners are known for their offense, but Oklahoma is the only school to offer Kelly for defense.

"I just want to get on the field, so Oklahoma offering me as a safety doesn't bother me," said Kelly. "They are known for their player development, they have a great program, and I like coach Roy Manning."

The top eight was shaped off relationships and communication with the different schools, so the next step is visits.

"What is most important to me is how comfortable I am with coaches, learning more about schools with my major (Kinesiology), and where I have a great chance to play, so visits will show me a lot," said Kelly.

Kelly said Auburn, Georgia and Virginia are recruiting him hardest at this time. He is communicating with that trio almost daily. The only school to do a virtual visit with him is Georgia, but he is in the middle of scheduling one with Alabama.

He hopes to make a decision late in the summer before his senior season.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Auburn making ‘pretty big move’ for 4-star WR

Bryan Matthews • AuburnSports

Senior Editor

Omari Kelly doesn’t have an official list of top schools, but Auburn is certainly making a push up the 4-star wideout’s unofficial list.

Kelly, a standout from Hewitt-Trussville in Trussville, Ala., attended Auburn’s Big Cat recruiting event Sunday.

“They’re making a pretty big move,” said Kelly. “They’re trying real hard compared to a lot of other schools.”

Kelly, 6-foot-1 and 175 pounds, has more than 20 offers. He officially visited UCF in June, and showed a lot of interest in Alabama and Florida. Auburn is right up there now too.

“I’d say they’re one of the top schools,” Kelly said. “Coach (Bryan) Harsin was just telling me that he feels like I could come in and make a pretty good impact. Just my vibe and everything they get from me coming in and seeming like a leader.”

Kelly is not ruling out making a decision before the start of his senior season but said, “I’ll say it’s just God’s timing.”

He named two factors that will weigh the most in his final decision.

“Playing time and the environment,” Kelly said.

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

He named two factors that will weigh the most in his final decision.

“Playing time and the environment,” Kelly said.

That should make him an Auburn lock!

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

That should make him an Auburn lock!

I wish. Except when Saban shows him the WRs he's put into the NFL, it could definitely go the other way. I don't know where Kelly is on the Alabama board though....

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Except when Saban shows him the WRs he's put into the NFL, it could definitely go the other way.

Understatement. The recent string of WRs they can point to is just sick 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@toddc I wouldn’t put any stock in what I say, other than the commit date since Omari tweeted that himself. Another player’s dad told me he had already committed to UGA 3 weeks ago (which he obviously didn’t) so he might not know squat or might be mixed up another high profile guy at HT (Justice Finkley). The Malichi stuff is just what I have seen on Omari’s Twitter recently. He also retweeted Story’s commitment, but he does that with a lot of players so none of it is likely indicative of what he might choose to do. 

• Like 1

So...if Kelly commits, does that mean we missed on Clemons, or is it possible that we'll be taking 3 WRs?

We will take Clemons whether we get Kelly or not. All indications are we get Kelly and we are in the Hunt for Clemons his visit for Akron game will be key as his family is coming and he has indicated he will commit near that time. This would be a super class for receivers with Fair who is underrated, Kelly, Clemons and Micah Riley-Ducker.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Hmmm.  Done deal?

This tweet will 100% get deleted when he's wrong.  Hopefully him/Keith are correct and @jared52has bad info (no offense, appreciate what you're passing along).  UGA isn't even on his top lists of schools on rivals/247

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

This tweet will 100% get deleted when he's wrong.  Hopefully him/Keith are correct and @jared52has bad info (no offense, appreciate what you're passing along).  UGA isn't even on his top lists of schools on rivals/247

Yeah, that's why I was a little bit leery of the info in the first place. Kids around here that high up land at uat, but I am not sure how hard they are pushing for him. 

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

Yeah, that's why I was a little bit leery of the info in the first place. Kids around here that high up land at uat, but I am not sure how hard they are pushing for him. 

Yeah, he seems like border line 4* kid...unless really underrated 

1 minute ago, metafour said:

Keith Niebuhr's 2022 prediction accuracy: 

27 for 28 (96.43%)

Nice.  

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah, he seems like border line 4* kid...unless really underrated 

I know squat about evaluating HS kids, but watching him play I'm happy if he lands at AU. He had great body control, good size, good speed, and pretty good hands. 

His final 3 are Auburn, Kentucky and uat.

In-state WR Omari Kelly talks finalists, upcoming decision

Jeffrey Lee

21 minutes

Omari Kelly, one of the top wide receivers in the 2022 class, will make a commitment next week.

Kelly, a 6-foot-1, 175-pound wideout from Hewitt Trussville, will announce his decision on Aug. 19.

“I’m ready,” Kelly said. “It’s between Auburn, Kentucky and Alabama.”

The Final 3

Kelly has visited each of his three finalists. He’s been to Alabama multiple times, visited Kentucky last weekend and made two trips to Auburn this summer.

“They all have the family environment,” Kelly said. “And I like what all three do on offense.”

Kelly hasn’t set a location or time for his announcement. The most important decision, however, already has been made.

“I have an idea of where I’m going,” Kelly said. “I feel really good about it.”

As a junior, Kelly had 39 receptions for 710 yards (18.2 avg.) and seven touchdowns.

Edited by Paladin

11 hours ago, WFE12 said:

AU, Kentucky, and UA? There's an imposter among us...

If we assume he doesn't have a comittable offer from UAT, it all becomes clear.