Departures and Additions 2021-22 Postseason

Zeek

Just now, McLoofus said:

Agreed. I think every time a fan thinks of that kind of guy, we're going to see this conversation. 

I understand it now that each player essentially has one "free" transfer and 100+ players entered the portal yesterday. Just saying that I'm doing my best to stay on top of this information. Not saying I'll know everything but if someone mentions something I haven't seen anywhere it's likely just fans gabbing.

There were supposed to be 5-6 entering the portal today for Auburn but that was the number before they even met with the coaches. Meaning someone, or a few players, were convinced to stay. No reason to out players who might not be finalized yet.

Most Auburn fans are really great about being supportive to transfers but there is always that toxic minority that will prematurely attack kids.

I am vert pro-transfer-portal in concept. If they're truly students first then they should be able to change schools like any other student. Now, how the portal has effected high school recruiting and the NCAA has no plan for this is what frustrates me even more.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

One of many starting OL spots open

He would have been a super senior. Seems like the staff probably encouraged him to look elsewhere.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Not a surprise that Zakoby isn't using his pandemic year. Good luck in the pros Rabbit!

I expect him to have a long career at the next level. 

• Like 2

Just now, Zeek said:

He would have been a super senior. Seems like the staff probably encouraged him to look elsewhere.

Yeah.  Starters don't leave on their own too often.  If people are being honest with themselves, he was "processed" and that's fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

When a senior and fan favorite hitting the portal shows up in the middle of the front page.

Until our staff lands a senior transfer from some other team, then we applaud our coaches for great recruiting. 😅

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

I expect him to have a long career at the next level. 

Hope he does.  Worry his size might be a limiting factor.

Just now, W.E.D said:

Hope he does.  Worry his size might be a limiting factor.

Could be , he may be a ST guy until he gets bigger and faster . 

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Not a surprise that Zakoby isn't using his pandemic year. Good luck in the pros Rabbit!

If ever a player was ready. Good luck to him. Enjoyed watching a hometown kid play at my school! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Zeek said:

I would remind the chicken littles that we absolutely won the portal last year. If you look at who we got vs who we lost it is hard to argue we didn't come out on top.

I expect the same this year. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I imagine these players are talking with the coaches before they decide to transfer. I imagine, too, these coaches are advising these players about what’s happening with this program. I like Shivers. He runs with heart. But the writing is on the wall here. We have a stable at RB. 

Edited by Auburn Tiger
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

I imagine these players are talking with the coaches before they decide to transfer. I imagine, too, these coaches are advising these players about what’s happening with this program. I like Shivers. He runs with heart. But the writing is in the wall here. We have a stable at RB. 

All indications are that we are hitting the OL in the transfer portal hard and we are already in talks with a few P5 guys through back channels. I expect this OL to be heavy with transfer starters.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

All indications are that we are hitting the OL in the transfer portal hard and we are already in talks with a few P5 guys through back channels. I expect this OL to be heavy with transfer starters.

it had better be, heavy with transfer starters, that is.  if not, oh boy

Buckle open everyone. We knew this was coming, and it's not a bad thing at all imo. Been needed for a while. I'm sure a lot of these guys are doing this on their own, and I'm sure the coaches are running off a few.

We have had poor depth and some deadweight for a while. I said earlier I'd be concerned if not many left

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Hope so or there won’t be much to look forward to next year. It would be great if we could have an entirely new OL but that’s not likely. 

39 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I expect it to be one of the biggest and most physical in the sec next year . 

• Like 2

Shaun Shivers is a great Auburn Tiger! Always played with heart & soul whenever he got opportunities. His greatest moment will never be forgotten by those of us who got to witness it. I'm sorry he won't be in orange & blue next year but I hope he finds a great place for a last college year, & I'll be pulling for him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I expect it to be one of the biggest and most physical in the sec next year . 

Sure hope so. Auburn is a running game away from competing for the West. 

• Like 1