Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

28 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

it is so sad that you don't understand how under qualified everyone was.

Trying to understand the under qualified statement. Is that pertaining to the fight he started or The whining to Malzahn?

Anything more about Caddy’s situation? We could sure use some more favorable news. I am hoping CBH  can keep him and pull a few favorable hires out if thin air. Doesn’t hurt much to have a little hope at this point.

• Like 1

Just now, au701948 said:

Anything more about Caddy’s situation? We could sure use some more favorable news. I am hoping CBH  can keep him and pull a few favorable hires out if thin air. Doesn’t hurt much to have a little hope at this point.

Hope is all we’ve had for several years now so I am used to it. Hope we keep Caddy to .

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Hope is all we’ve had for several years now so I am used to it. Hope we keep Caddy to .

we have had hope?!?!? where?! Besides being 6-1 at the end of october this past season with a new coach there has been no hope since november of 2017 with Auburn football!!! lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GunsmithAU said:

Which is exactly why no quality guy is coming here. Harsin is now known as a jackass to work for. There is no motivation for an establish coach to come into this s*** show. 

He prolly knows he isn't getting an established guy. Probably wants an up and comer that's willing to scheme and spot for a year and then take over play calling if they have jobs next year. Did this with Zak Hill

10 minutes ago, au302 said:

He prolly knows he isn't getting an established guy. Probably wants an up and comer that's willing to scheme and spot for a year and then take over play calling if they have jobs next year. Did this with Zak Hill

Zak was just another potato gang guy. We blasted malzahn for years about only hiring yes men and so far, the more and more if the staff is potato pals. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I don’t have a problem with us wanting good OCs, I just don’t think there’s anything this position currently does for those prospects

theres GREAT head coaches that are the primary play caller and can attract upcoming talent off the strength of that rep. Reid did it for my entire life and then some, and McVay is doing it now. Harsin will have to build that rep, both as a good play caller and a nurturer with a real coaching tree

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

Zak was just another potato gang guy. We blasted malzahn for years about only hiring yes men and so far, the more and more if the staff is potato pals. 

It is odd that it’s said quite frequently by certain folks here that Harsin needs to get “his people” but we’ve blasted other coaches for doing the same and it goes beyond our previous HC. It’s like giving an out for him while using the same argument to belittle other coaches who’ve done the exact same thing. I’ve always been a fan of getting the best we can get regardless. I just wanna win and could care less who’s on staff as long as that goal is accomplished. 

Edited by NoALtiger

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

It is odd that it’s said quite frequently by certain folks here that Harsin needs to get “his people” but we’ve blasted other coaches for doing the same and it goes beyond our previous HC. It’s like giving an out for him while using the same argument to belittle other coaches who’ve done the exact same thing. I’ve always been a fan of getting the best we can get regardless. I just wanna win and could care less who’s on staff as long as that goal is accomplished. 

If you are not hiring people that can challenge you, make you better, and have the potential to be better than you, why are you hiring them?   If you are too insecure and just want yes men then so be it, but mediocrity will be your friend.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Trying to understand the under qualified statement. Is that pertaining to the fight he started or The whining to Malzahn?

Maybe I am just tired but I didn't understand it either and it was directed at me. I watched his WR corps drop a lot of passes. Nothing ever progressed. Game after game. Sure he could walk into a room filled with the best recruiters and have a chance but it didn't matter. Then when Malzahn didn't promote him to the position he thought he deserved, he didn't take it well. It was always about DC to DC.

So no. I am great without him being at Auburn ever again as a coach. As a past player he should be around the program in that capacity if he wants to be. Just not as a coach. 

Edited by Chaotic_zx

3 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Maybe I am just tired but I didn't understand it either and it was directed at me. I watched his WR corps drop a lot of passes. Nothing ever progressed. Game after game. Sure he could walk into a room filled with the best recruiters and have a chance but it didn't matter. Then when Malzahn didn't promote him to the position he thought he deserved, he didn't take it well. It was always about DC to DC.

So no. I am great without him being at Auburn ever again as a coach. As a past player he should be around the program in that capacity if he wants to be. Just not as a coach. 

my apologies, lol. I started typing and then deleted a bunch and ended up with gibberish!!  lol

Getting that Co-OC title meant everything to DC, unfortunately it meant nothing to Gus.  He went in with a bunch of ideas and thoughts and was ignored.  Gus was gonna Gus and e all know that now.  Everyone jumped on DC for calling out Gus the genius.  It should have been a warning sign for all of us.  I stood with DC then and  took a beating.  I called out the hiring of an unqualified Kodi Burns to the same salary and job description showed flaws in Gus.  As far as receivers dropping balls when he  was coach that was something that happened for Gus' entire tenure as coach.  This was because of his terrible practice and training plan.    I have pointed that out from day one.

Remember when everyone in college football thought that Gus was a genius and coaches from all over the country would come to watch practices that one year, nobody ever did after that year.  He was exposed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

It's equally disturbing that his people can't recruit the area

• Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 11:38 AM, NWALA Tiger said:

Hey Viper, how you doing Buddy? Haven't heard from u in awhile.. U good?

How’s the Green Mile looking for YOUR buddy?

KzV0ED-1434385233.gif?quality=.8&height=

On 2/11/2022 at 3:08 PM, NWALA Tiger said:

Still waiting to hear how your feeling,?? Haven't heard from u in a while 

On 2/5/2022 at 5:27 AM, NWALA Tiger said:

This will be my final response to u.

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

But but but.. u were so sure he was gonna be fired.. accused me of running away and hiding

I was prepared to say I was wrong.. but I see u can't do the same. Fairly typical. .Anyway, moving on to bigger and better things

Edited by NWALA Tiger

17 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

But but but.. u were so sure he was gonna be fired.. accused me of running away and hiding

16 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I was prepared to say I was wrong.. but I see u can't do the same. Fairly typical. .Anyway, moving on to bigger and better things

On 12/22/2021 at 3:02 PM, Viper said:

Mark my words… We will have a new HC by January 2024.

Moving on to those who can read.

Edited by Viper

7 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

🤣 I love it

Lmao. I needed a study break. Thanks for the free entertainment you just gave me. 

Edited by DAG

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

🤣 I love it

Which part? That there was a movement to fire him without pay? Or 9 1/2 months from now with pay?

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Man this is awesome,watching u crawfishing... 

It will be awesome when Auburn fires your boy in 9 1/2 months. For those who believed the allegations were going to result in termination or his escape from them has strengthened his longevity in Auburn, ask any HC recruiting against him how extremely simplistic it is now compared to just two weeks ago when it was child's play.

Nothing has changed his fate. Only the irreparable damage between now and then.

If you think that's awesome...perhaps you need to enter the transfer portal. I'm sure Harsin can get you a NIL deal in Boise next year...if they'll even take him back.

• Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 3

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

It will be awesome when Auburn fires your boy in 9 1/2 months. For those who believed the allegations were going to result in termination or his escape from them has strengthened his longevity in Auburn, ask any HC recruiting against him how extremely simplistic it is now compared to just two weeks ago when it was child's play.

Nothing has changed his fate. Only the irreparable damage between now and then.

If you think that's awesome...perhaps you need to enter the transfer portal. I'm sure Harsin can get you a NIL deal in Boise next year...if they'll even take him back.

Hang on BRB

On 2/11/2022 at 11:38 AM, NWALA Tiger said:

Hey Viper, how you doing Buddy? Haven't heard from u in awhile.. U good?

On 2/5/2022 at 8:42 PM, Viper said:

Dude, just get on board and stop fighting the inevitable. Just admit you were wrong before it hits the fan.

What's sad is internet wager losers never pay up and neither would you. When cornered, you would have interjected the proverbial excuse you already attempted, "silly me for not putting a disclaimer," offering that pathetic excuse why you lost. You're all the same. Poke the chest and never seen from again.

Here we go...remember saying this bout 10 days ago. Along with numerous other posts blasting me.. You weren't harping on 9 months then, it was  " He's gone.. I'm right, you wrong" blah blah blah. No need for me to go on and on. Take a trip down memory lane and read your post for yourself..  I bet those words sting now like a hornets tail don't they LOL... This has been more entertainment than one should be allowed to have on Monday. BTW the more u retort,the sillier you . Thanks for all the 😃.  NWALA TIGER OUT!!

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2