Ike Hilliard- New WR Coach

McLoofus

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Hilliard said. “The process in place to grow and build this program is impressive, I felt it in every conversation I had with Coach Harsin and others on staff.

Interesting...

Have you personally heard his plan in your circles? One thing that has come from many directions is that Harsin's plan was thoroughly impressive.  I really wish I could read the flow chart of it 😆 

Very impressed with this hire.  That is a strong list of exceptional receivers he has personally either developed or directly coached.  Steelers (when healthy) had one of the best WR corps in NFL the last couple years.  That Washington corp was fire too with Santana Moss, etc.  How in the world did we get a hold of this guy?  Love it.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

I browsed through his credentials, but I missed his connection to Idaho.   Can someone fill me in, real quick?

He has a burning love of French fries. Eats everyone he sees.....

He sure has bounced around a lot but I guess that's part of the profession. Exposure to different schemes with different HCs and talent might be a positive.

• Haha 1

Great hire, could translate to some significant success on the recruiting trail and NFL credentials lead me to believe that he's a heckuva coach too. Double threat is what we needed.

Out of all the staff turnover, I'm really only upset that we had a false start on Austin Davis (hiring process failure) and that Brumbaugh replaced Eason. I think that is a significant downgrade on the recruiting trail based on Brumbaugh's track record. 

I think this is a homerun hire as far as teaching the position. As far recruiting if he can use his NFL resume the way Eason did it will be a homerun hire. Go into a kids home and say this is how I helped so and so Pro WR and I can do the same for you. Now only time will tell if he has a recruiters mentality. 

I like this and I would like welcome you to Auburn with a big

WAR EAGLE

• Like 3

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bootskii said:

Growing up in NW FL in the 90's I was surrounded by Gator fans. I was constantly reminded how Spurrier teams kicked the dog poop out of Auburn. One year in particular was 1996... This is when my hate for UF started. Hilliard torched us for 156 yards in that game...

Now you are saying I have to like the guy!! Dangit.. well I am glad he is one of the good guys now. Congrats Coach and welcome aboard! Looking forward to seeing what you can do with our WR corps.

I was at that game...ouch.

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Kinda a dumb post considering the other NFL guy Harsin hired, now at Clemson, was one of our best recruiters 

Good for Clemson 

Meet Ike when he was at spring practice and I brought a recruit to visit UF...he took the time to talk with us and after the recruit went inside the locker room, we stood and talked for several minutes....I said to myself this young man was very impressive and knew he would accomplish a lot on the football field and life...congrats to Ike and welcome you and your family to Auburn...

• Like 4

6 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Have you personally heard his plan in your circles? One thing that has come from many directions is that Harsin's plan was thoroughly impressive.  I really wish I could read the flow chart of it 😆 

56a0334a-6586-41c5-8a9d-4704e3feecc9_tex

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

Hopefully this will squash the narrative that Harsin can’t get good coaches to come to Auburn to work with him. 

Not with some  of these negative Nancy wet blanket posters. Absolutely nothing can be positive to some of these experts. I swear I think some of them actually want him and the whole program to fail. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1