Jabari Smith entering the draft

tgrogan21

Fantastic video and fantastic human being.  I consider myself so lucky that Jabari chose Auburn and got to watch him grow this past season.  Don't forget about us, Jabari!

• Like 1

Problem with the #1 pick is you’re normally guaranteed going to a train wreck team. Ie Zion.  Would love hawks to get him but realistically … no chance without a monster trade. Lakers have imploded this year and they may be in play - though statistically doubtful.

Edited by auburnatl1

Man you can really feel the love he has for AU in that video. Its almost like he is sad to be entering the draft and being atop 3 pick! Glad he enjoyed his time at AU because i know we enjoyed having him! Another great AU ambassador goes out into the world!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Problem with the #1 pick is you’re normally guaranteed going to a train wreck team. Ie Zion.  Would love hawks to get him but realistically … no chance without a monster trade. Lakers have imploded this year and they may be in play - though statistically doubtful.

Zion is the train wreck now. Pelicans aren’t that bad. Orlando, Detroit, and Houston have the best chance of drafting Jabari. Each of those teams already has a very good young player to pair with him. 

Also, I’m proud he’s one of our guys. He’s an Auburn man

Edited by zeroforwinger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Laker odds are getting better by the loss! But for real, 42% chance the Magic, Pistons, or Rockets have the 1. Almost certain to have a couple of those in the top three. Pistons or Rockets would be a good situation for Jabari. In DET, he becomes foundational with Cunningham (who looks great), and they don’t have a long-term plan at Forward. In HOU, he’s paired with Jalen Green and Sengun. 

He’d fit well either place, and neither is a mismanaged mess. I don’t want him in Orlando or Sacto. Those are horrible organizations. 

2 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’m actually hoping he goes second to the magic because I would love to see him and Chuma on the same team.

• Like 1

Wish the best to him in the NBA...by the way, does he have any younger brothers???? Be great if so...

Best departing video I've ever seen.  He should go into filmmaking lol.  

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

I’m actually hoping he goes second to the magic because I would love to see him and Chuma on the same team.

I would be on board with this if they didn’t play the same position. Don’t want to see either lose playing time

Not to mention Franz Wagner, their best young player this year, is a bigger Forward, and Isaac, their best young player before this year, is a Power Forward. Then add Mo Wagner, Chuma, Mo Bamba, and Wendell Carter. It’s a logjam of young guys. Obviously, Jabari would push some dudes out, but it’s a bad fit with a bad organization. 

Edited by mcgufcm
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, gravejd said:

I would be on board with this if they didn’t play the same position. Don’t want to see either lose playing time

Could play one at the 3 & one at the 4.

The mock draft on ESPN today had him going #2 to the Magic. Still had Walker at #24 to Milwaukee. 

• 2 months later...

Not guaranteeing it but I'm hearing very strong rumors here in O'town Smith will be the #1 pick think it's down to him and Holmgren. Would be huge for Auburn in future recruiting.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Not guaranteeing it but I'm hearing very strong rumors here in O'town Smith will be the #1 pick think it's down to him and Holmgren. Would be huge for Auburn in future recruiting.

I don't see how any team would pick either of Holmgren or Banchero over Jabari. Especially if you want an elite 3 point shooter. And at 6'10? Jabari in Orlando would be cool to see though. 

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

I don't see how any team would pick either of Holmgren or Banchero over Jabari. Especially if you want an elite 3 point shooter. And at 6'10? Jabari in Orlando would be cool to see though. 

They like everything about him except not that great at creating his own shot. I would bet he is the 1st pick

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

They like everything about him except not that great at creating his own shot. I would bet he is the 1st pick

That and they'd like for him to be a stronger rebounder and better play maker but all of that will get better with strength and experience

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

That and they'd like for him to be a stronger rebounder and better play maker but all of that will get better with strength and experience

To me, Smiths game translates to the NBA more quickly than Holmgren. But I'm a little biased 😁