Where do we go from here?

tbone4jc

48 minutes ago, DAG said:

He seemingly must be a very horny dude. His dopamine is out of control. 

Nah, just a messed up Baptist.  Lot of pent-up issues. He will fit in down there very easily.

But watching his team yesterday, he puts a better product on the field than Harsin.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DAG said:

PTB got my hopes way too high last year. Now he is on the Primetime train. I know everyone likes Grimes but I just don't trust anyone without HC experience anymore. Sure he could be our Pittman but that is a big reach.

To be fair…I couldn’t predict AD Greene would go rogue. He dumped Cristobal too. That’s deal was done fwiw 

• Like 1
  • Sad 7
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

To be fair…I couldn’t predict AD Greene would go rogue. He dumped Cristobal too. That’s deal was done fwiw 

Of course it was. Just like Smart . AU has the potential to land a top tier guy, but too stupid to close the deal. I hate AU sometimes. Damn 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Geez, if that’s true, then I totally understand why they didn’t renew his contract. Sounds like an AD who was doing whatever he wanted without communicating with his supervisors. 

17 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I just have a hard time believing one guy stopped the Cristobal deal to hire CBH. He really had that much power? 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, DAG said:

Killing two birds with one stone. Look at what he is doing to my panthers but he was a successful college coach. But Freeze has always been my #1

I know man just making a joke because you have said it like three times. Nothing wrong with it at all just trying to get you to laugh 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Lol. He’s looked great everywhere. Only been a UGA a few years

Not a strong recruiter. That is the number 1 job requirement of a college coach. That’s the only thing I care about when discussing potential candidates. Talent acquisition is the name of the game. Monken comes across as another Harsin. A guy who just wants to coach and not be bothered with anything else. He was a head coach at southern miss. I don’t believe he’s been a head coach anywhere else. Please no more training wheel coaches. I’m not seeing a lot of positives for hiring Monken as a head coach of a sec power.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I know man just making a joke because you have said it like three times. Nothing wrong with it at all just trying to get you to laugh 😂

I am trying to balance out the evilness because you guys just won’t come to the darkside like me and @GwillMac6

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

Nah, just a messed up Baptist.  Lot of pent-up issues. He will fit in down there very easily.

But watching his team yesterday, he puts a better product on the field than Harsin.

Again, he got caught. Didn't cover his tracks.  That'd the difference between him and a bunch of other high profile coaches

• Like 2

2 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

You can’t just stop there.  How did he dump Cristobal?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Again, he got caught. Didn't cover his tracks.  That'd the difference between him and a bunch of other high profile coaches

Just need to teach him what a “burner phone” is and he’ll be fine

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

I badly want to believe this and you have a great track record (you called 2012 beforehand) but why are you just bringing this up now? I've just now heard the same thing recently about Napier.

Edited by AUwent

I have a question for the board do y’all find it odd that not one Boise player transfer to Auburn and follow the coach or is it because of the location.

Edited by e808

20 hours ago, DAG said:

fear not, I having a feeling Matt Rhule will be available 

Hard pass on Rhule bro. Lifelong Panthers fan here. I don't want that resting confused face coach on our sideline at all. 

Yeah I know he brought Baylor back. And he's much more suited for college but I don't think he is a guy that could do well at AU. We need an elite recruiter which would be a question mark for him and I've seen enough of his game mismanagement to want him far away from our program 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

Hard pass on Rhule bro. Lifelong Panthers fan here. I don't want that resting confused face coach on our sideline at all. 

Yeah I know he brought Baylor back. And he's much more suited for college but I don't think he is a guy that could do well at AU. We need an elite recruiter which would be a question mark for him and I've seen enough of his game mismanagement to want him far away from our program 

That’s fair . I truly do like that he got temple and Baylor back to very competitive football. I feel like he can surround himself with sharks to recruit well. I think we could do way worse out here.

11 hours ago, e808 said:

I have a question for the board do y’all find it odd that not one Boise player transfer to Auburn and follow the coach or is it because of the location.

Not really. A bunch of ND guys didn’t follow Brian Kelly 

• Like 1

The reason I am done on Harsin is because we didn't just look "bad but getting better" in our play vs PSU.  We straight up were in disarray.  Gameplan was crap, players looked unprepared.

Hell, they put Robby out there and the camera zoomed in on his face and he looked like a scared kid, I said to myself he is about to throw a pick here. Next play? Interception.  These kids weren't prepared for this game.

Edited by Didba

Where we played hell was right after the season ended in 2012.  Pat Dye was saying “hire Kirby Smart, hire Kirby Smart, hire Kirby Smart” but we didn’t even give him consideration because he wouldn’t bail out on Bammer before the National Championship Game.  So we ended up with Gus, which looked brilliant for one year but he was an 8-4 coach after that.  Any coach worth anything would not bail on their team before the championship game.  Kirby might have bailed on us when Richt was pushed out but he might not have.  At least we would have had several years of great recruiting and development and a coach like Harsin might have come in and been successful.  Now we are behind the 8 ball because of the lack or recruiting and development, particularly with the offensive line.  There is no quick fix now.  Harsin is effectively gone.  He never had a realistic chance.  So another $15 million is headed up the ole wild hog’s ass right behind the $20 million+ is cost us to get rid of Gus.  We might get Freeze on the cheap but Kiffin is going to be very expensive if the conference won’t go along with Freeze.  Maybe the new coach can hit the portal and bring things back in a shorter time than it would have taken otherwise but I’ll have to see it to believe it.  The portal doesn’t seem to be have a whole lot of 5* O linemen wanting to transfer and that is what we desperately need.