Rumors are flying this morning

AUY2K

1 hour ago, Viper said:

AU is not going to make Lane Kiffin the richest HC in CFB. He isn’t worth it. 

He will if he earns it. I’m talking 10 or more wins every year. And when 12 team playoff happens we get in there a good amount. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Viper said:

No lawyer, but heard that Mississippi law dictates no more than four years on a contract.

If true, AU will annihilate any contract Ole Miss can conjure up.

That is true.

13 hours ago, Viper said:

No lawyer, but heard that Mississippi law dictates no more than four years on a contract.

If true, AU will annihilate any contract Ole Miss can conjure up.

It's true.  There might be a way to compensate him privately to make up a little of the difference but they can't cover it all and him being a state employee complicates that.  Essentially, for Ole Miss to match an offer from Auburn and it be legally binding (not just verbal promises), they'd have to cram the same amount of money into fewer years.  So (this is a very rough comparison) if Auburn offers 7 years, $70M ($10M per year) for example, to match it, OM would have to do $17.5M over 4 years, give or take. 

I'm not lawyer or agent either so if I'm missing a piece to this someone let me know, but this is how it was explained to me.

13 hours ago, Viper said:

Pathetically sad.

Ole Miss will hire him. 

And we will regret it. 

Deion is going to get a P5 job.   And be really successful.   But it won’t be at OM.   

• Like 1

Saw this a few minutes ago.

The impression I’m getting from various reports across the Auburn landscape is that Auburn was set on Kiffin, but then 1-2 other coaches not being considered came forward quietly. In a kind of Kelly-LSU way. We’ll see, but that would give AU some leverage anyway.

• Like 2

Jay Tate mentioned that some coaches have come out of the woodwork recently and that has slowed the process down.  Feeding Frenzy.  Coaches know this is a top level gig when done right.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Jay Tate mentioned that some coaches have come out of the woodwork recently and that has slowed the process down.  Feeding Frenzy.  Coaches know this is a top level gig when done right.

Wonder who they are? Big 🐟?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I'm too cynical to believe this is anything more than an attempt to get more money out of their current employers, but I hope it is true.  

10 hours ago, TigerTaz said:

He will if he earns it. I’m talking 10 or more wins every year. And when 12 team playoff happens we get in there a good amount. 

You named the key word. IF.

Initial contract no more than 9M/year. He isn’t worth it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, casatiger said:

I'm too cynical to believe this is anything more than an attempt to get more money out of their current employers, but I hope it is true.  

🐳 sure!  They heard Lane is gonna get paid and they want to get paid too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

If Auburn (or any other top 6 SEC or elite CFB gif) doesn’t interest you then you’re in the wrong profession. 

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

So (this is a very rough comparison) if Auburn offers 7 years, $70M ($10M per year) for example, to match it, OM would have to do $17.5M over 4 years, give or take. 

I'm not lawyer or agent either so if I'm missing a piece to this someone let me know, but this is how it was explained to me.

This is correct. 

2 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Deion is going to get a P5 job.   And be really successful.   But it won’t be at OM.   

Looks like within 4 weeks we’re about to find out.

21 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

If the 10M figure were hearing is legit, then I think that attracts a lot of good names haha

• Like 2

Smoke on the web is this candidate that has inquired about the job is Dabo Swinney. Not really buying it.. BUT, I'm also not sure he is the type to put his name out there for more money from Clemson.  Reading the tea leaves, he pretty much knows he has to go undefeated at Clemson to get in the CFP. That's not the case in the SEC. 

• Love 1

Not buying it, but Dabo would be a break the bank kind of hire. He'd actually be worth the Kiffen money we are talking about. And then some.

• Like 1

the reverse Heisman move....aka the Dabo

lest we forget, Dye played at UGA and coached at Bama. Some people just like a change in scenery. The precedent is there : )

....and War Eagle

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

There are a certain few that I simply don't want at Auburn. Dabo and Urban Crier are two of them.

Dont worry....when they're wining and crying for your team it comes across different. It's more standing up for the team and supporting the players ; )

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

There are a certain few that I simply don't want at Auburn. Dabo and Urban Crier are two of them.

Urban needs no explanation but I’ve seen several times this negativity towards dabo. Anti NIL, ceo type (that’s now bad?), grumblings about some au smack, ect. On paper, given his age and where Clemson was, he should be the most coveted coach in college football. Did last year ding him that much? What am I missing?

• Like 2