Jordan Moore

AuburnWarVet

This guy is gonna be good we missed an opportunity plain and simple

. I hope we can keep all our guys at this point how did we lose a recruit to the big 12.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This officially tells me that no one knows what the heck they are talking about when it comes to recruiting.

I'm surprised you honestly expected any different.

I didn't have any expectations.  This reinforces why I don't pay an annual fee for recruiting sites.  Whoever we get tomorrow I look forward to them having an opportunity to play for the team I root for.  That is pretty much it.

TCU was the first to offer him.  They courted him the longest.  There's something to be said for that.  Plus, Gary Patterson always puts a good defense on the field.

That was disappointing, I agree, but TCU offered him long before we did and they aren't a 2nd tier team regardless of what some on this board seem to believe. 

We didn't get him but it has nothing to do with what happens tomorrow, one way or the other. 

Oh well. Hope he realizes he will be on a team that will be the Big whatever's punching bag for his entire career. Time to move on to the players that want to play for Auburn.

Maybe missing on the guys our insiders felt really good about means we're going to get all the ones they don't think we'll get.  I'm holding onto that 'cause the alternative is that we don't have a clue and we may not get anybody who isn't already committed to us - and I don't really want to go to bed with that thought in the front of my mind.

I must say he is a very well spoken young man. This year has been a rough one. Tomorrow is gonna be a great day! I know this for a fact... because I will be at the golf course. Good luck with that recruiting stuff. It doesn't look good.

Agreed.  Kid is very well spoken and seems super nice.  Really liked that he thanked Chizik for his time as well as the LSU track coach.  Really wanted him, think he has a very high potential with his size and speed.

damn felt sure it was Lobo's dang it. :banghead:

You should have never gotten rid of Hal Mumme.  (Oh, wait, that was New Mexico St.)

You should have hired Hal Mumme instead of Bob Davie.

EVERYONE CALM DOWN WE HIRED 2 GREAT COACHES ...I'F WE MISS ON A FEW SO BE IT..CALM DOWN ...SOME OF U GUYS ARE PISSING ME OFF ...TCU IS A GREAT PROGRAM ...IT'S NOT AUBURN..BUT IT'S VERY SOLID ...

Lets not blow this out of porportion.

It sucks we didn't get a kid we thought we had, but realistically (no offense to Moore because he has talent and seems like a great guy), there are MUCH bigger fish left out in the sea, and the boats don't go out till tomorrow morning.

Lets wait and see what happens.

Basically he was discovered by TCU as I understand it...so not too surprised that he stuck with them.   I'm pretty sure at AU, track would be something he did when  there was not something related to football going on...which is almost never.    Expect he sees better track prospects out there.  

And before too many people start crying that we lost a guy to a Wac school or something...he had offers from lots of other Div 1 schools....in this case it was all about TCU whether we like it or  not.

Archived