Who do we close with?

AUpreacherman22

With Holland on board we have at most 2 slots left, BUT Godwin, Ivey, and Norton are still out there along with others.

WHO DO WE FINISH WITH NOW?

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does not matter if we get 1 and that G. G. Fellah it's all gravy at this point. We have filled the needs.

my final guess:

Carlton D

Ryan D

Cowart

Holland

J Davis

Slayton

1 off the radar type guy (or surprise)

1 short

off the radar guy - Horton

1 short - GG?

I think this is how it ends. GREAT CLASS!

CB Jeremiah Dinson

CB Carlton Davis

DE Tega

LB Holland

DE Cowart

WR Darius Slayton

WR Terry Godwin

OT Ivey-Missed

And a surprise

CB Jeremiah Dinson

CB Carlton Davis

DE Tega

LB Holland

DE Cowart

WR Darius Slayton

WR Terry Godwin

OT Ivey-Missed

And a surprise

I'll take that all day. Would have been great to get Ivey, but we really needed studs on defense, and it certainly appears we got them.

I know this has been beat to do death, but as everything stands right now..how many spots we got left? 2?

Most of us think so. I think. :)

AUTUMike did a bunch of digging in the NCAA rule book and discovered that Jason Smith and Jovon Robinson did not use slots this year. Therefore, I think we have two left. Check out his thread below, titled "Initial Counter Rule.".

I know this has been beat to do death, but as everything stands right now..how many spots we got left? 2?

Most of us think so. I think. :)/>

AUTUMike did a bunch of digging in the NCAA rule book and discovered that Jason Smith and Jovon Robinson did not use slots this year. Therefore, I think we have two left. Check out his thread below, titled "Initial Counter Rule.".

Facepalm.

:)

Most of us think so. I think. :)

Excellent news!

Bird, you were respectable on you prediciton. Ivey was a long shot so no worries there. Godwin and the surprise were where I was looking for some real inside info.

wde

my final guess:

Carlton D

Ryan D

Cowart

Holland

J Davis

Slayton

1 short

Not to toot my own horn but I nailed it. :wareagle:/>

Damn you did! Nice job! WDE!

Indeed^^ but if I had said this, all hell would have broke loose. Great job! WDE

my final guess:

Carlton D

Ryan D

Cowart

Holland

J Davis

Slayton

1 short

Indeed^^ but if I had said this, all hell would have broke loose. Great job! WDE

you are correct. I know that there are some of you that have to give hope to the masses with some of your picks...

my final guess:

Carlton D

Ryan D

Cowart

Holland

J Davis

Slayton

1 short

you are correct. I know that there are some of you that have to give hope to the masses with some of your picks...

mmmmkay. Lol. That makes for easy excuses. All anyone had to do was follow the true paid experts and pick who the majority of them picked and they can be an expert too. :)/>

Why someone would guarantee picks just to "give hope to the masses" is a bit confusing. Most people i know like honest straight forward information. Especially when it is presented as though it were just that. They don't want a line of bs presented like facts to "give them hope", 

my final guess:

Carlton D

Ryan D

Cowart

Holland

J Davis

Slayton

1 short

mmmmkay. Lol. That makes for easy excuses. All anyone had to do was follow the true paid experts and pick who the majority of them picked and they can be an expert too. :)/>

Why someone would guarantee picks just to "give hope to the masses" is a bit confusing. Most people i know like honest straight forward information. Especially when it is presented as though it were just that. They don't want a line of bs presented like facts to "give them hope",

VERY tough to accurately be an amateur expert. I followed this season WAY more than I usually do due to Boom & T-Rob coming aboard...followed every single lead, trend & prediction I could find and I managed to only whiff on Godwin & Norton just because I couldn't see any other big dogs available. And I still believe they were the closest two big dogs we missed on. I added Norton only just yesterday because no one else seemed a likely big dog take. I dropped J Davis about a week ago because I thought we had bigger dogs available. I felt that the first two WRs that committed, that's all we would get. In other words, as soon as Ryan Davis committed, I knew we were out of it for Godwin.

For gr82b4au to nail his first 6 picks + 2 wildcards was the best amateur prediction I saw in the last 24 hours. FANTASTIC prediction!

my final guess:

Carlton D

Ryan D

Cowart

Holland

J Davis

Slayton

1 short

VERY tough to accurately be an amateur expert. I followed this season WAY more than I usually do due to Boom & T-Rob coming aboard...followed every single lead, trend & prediction I could find and I managed to only whiff on Godwin & Norton just because I couldn't see any other big dogs available. And I still believe they were the closest two big dogs we missed on. I added Norton only just yesterday because no one else seemed a likely big dog take. I dropped J Davis about a week ago because I thought we had bigger dogs available. I felt that the first two WRs that committed, that's all we would get. In other words, as soon as Ryan Davis committed, I knew we were out of it for Godwin.

For gr82b4au to nail his first 6 picks + 2 wildcards was the best amateur prediction I saw in the last 24 hours. FANTASTIC prediction!

I agree. To hit all those picks was pretty darned good. If he does it again next year I will be very impressed.

I don't think you got the gyst of my post. Follow all the easily attainable info out there and it's not hard to get most of your picks right. (That's about all most experts do is get most of them right).. That was my point. I was also baffled by people insinuating they need to make picks that aren't that likely in a "guaranteed" manner in order to keep people's hopes up and using that as an excuse for missing picks.

Here is my picks to close,no insider info just my guess.CB Carlton Davis LB Holland DE Cowart WR Darius Slayton OT Ivey and if we have spot we take Tega after NSD.

I guess I.ll toot my own horn too.I only missed on Ivey with these picks,but I later did add Norton after the decomitt of McGriff that was wrong.Not to bad for a low number poster with no insider info just guessing.I consider this a great signing day for the Auburn Tigers.

According to 247 composite we finished 9th. If Roquan Smith re-opens his recruitment and picks Michigan, we finish 8th. If he signs with UGA, then they jump us for the 8th spot, we remain at 9, and UCLA falls out of the top 10.

The average rankings between the four sites puts us at 7. It just feels like we had a much better day than to end up 9th. Here's how close we were to a top 5 ranking. If we get Godwin we end up at 6. If we get Jefferson or Ivey we end up at 4. Let's hope that Mr. Jefferson wakes up in the morning and wants to be an Auburn Tiger. HA!

Archived