Byron Cowart

auburn4ever

J. Jones' hamstring on their kickoff return TD

NM missing a wiiiide open Ricardo in the 1st Q

Not covering the fake punt propery

If Tre Mason wasn't as good and went down on contact

If Cody Parkey doesn't miss usually makeable FG

If Parkey isn't hurt and is able to knock the ball out of the endzone on kickoffs

There are so many what-if's from the 2013 BCSNC game that if the ball just bounced the other way ONE time AU would have 2 national titles in 4 years.

Sh**!

this is a great summary... I would add if the defense would have tackled the receiver on the five yard pass instead of making it a 60 yard reception

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We win if the play off system would have been implemented a year earlier

How's that?

i just feel like that team kept finding out who they were the more the season progresses. I feel like another game would have just given them more momentum and we would have come out clicking even better than we already did in the bscnc

We win if the play off system would have been implemented a year earlier

How's that?

i just feel like that team kept finding out who they were the more the season progresses. I feel like another game would have just given them more momentum and we would have come out clicking even better than we already did in the bscnc

So you're saying it would have been easier to beat two highly ranked teams (possibly one for a 2nd time that season) than it would have to just try to beat one highly ranked team?

Going by the BCS rankings it would have been AU vs MSU and FSU vs uat. We may have beaten MSU but I'm not so sure FSU could have gotten past bama. I think their defense would have given them nightmares the entire game and then we're faced with trying to beat them a second time (like LSU had to). I don't think I would have wanted to roll the dice in that scenario.

We win if Ellis doubles up Benjamin instead of leaving a 5'9 guy to cover him alone....call still puzzles me...

Wrong

That play clearly put FSU ahead...u think it was wise to single cover a 6'5 guy with a 5'9 Chris Davis...especially when crab legs says that's who he looks for in those situations

The OP made me think of Emmit Smith, who as I recall, came very, very close to signing with Auburn.

Maybe UF owes us one. Hope ours turns out as well.

^^This^^

Emmitt once stated he should have gone to Auburn cause he would have won the Heisman and a National Championship. Of course UF fans jumped all over that and he later stated he was misquoted.......

The OP made me think of Emmit Smith, who as I recall, came very, very close to signing with Auburn.

^^This^^

Emmitt once stated he should have gone to Auburn cause he would have won the Heisman and a National Championship. Of course UF fans jumped all over that and he later stated he was misquoted.......

Yep .

I am sure he has his grades good to go, but does anyone know BC is good to go with his grades?

this guy^^^

Seriously, I just wanted to see if Byron has his academics in good shape. My guess is yes, but I have not heard anything with regard to this. I appreciate any information with regard to this.

I assume he is a go, i suppose any student could screw up with a full semester to go.

I feel confident that he will be a full qualifier. I just would like to hear it from a moderator that has better channels of correct information. If he was not going to make it, then placing him to a JUCO would be the best alternative of which will likely not happen with BC doing his work. One thing for sure is that his mother has kept him grounded on the straight and narrow. After reading about his mother, I have the absolute greatest respect for her. She works 2 jobs to keep her family with a roof over their heads and food on the table. That kind of dedication is rare these days. One day when Byron signs a lucrative multi-million dollar contract, the first thing BC will do will be to give his mother the kind of life she deserves.

• 2 months later...

Great article of Cowart on Al. Com. Someone that is able, link it.

He confirmed that his HS coach tried to hijack his signing day and he discussed the package deal that never happened among other topics.

He confirmed that his HS coach tried to hijack his signing day and he discussed the package deal that never happened among other topics.

Very good read. P.II of the interview is tomorrow. He sounds like a very well grounded young man.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/05/top_auburn_signee_byron_cowart.html

Here yah go Jeff. From the article sounds like a lot of UF people were butt hurt he didn't pick them since he stated he didn't get a lot of congratulations. I guarantee you he will get more than his share of congratulations when he gets to Auburn. UF still got one heck of a player in CeCe.

:blink:

Was former defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson recruiting you?

BC: "I don't think I ever talked to him, I had always talked to Coach (Tim) Horton. The first time I met Coach (Gus) Malzahn was that first visit, but after the Iron Bowl he was busy."

"If you're serious about football, you go to a town like Auburn. Kids that go to big-city schools can get drafted and all, but for me I don't want a lot of distractions. I don't like that."

I'm so happy things worked out like they did and Boom ended up coming back. Like Byron said, we pretty much don't get him w/out FL making the change.

:blink:/>

BC: "I don't think I ever talked to him, I had always talked to Coach (Tim) Horton. The first time I met Coach (Gus) Malzahn was that first visit, but after the Iron Bowl he was busy."

Thanx to cowart on proving my point on papa Johnson! Lol, "too busy"

I could be wrong, or looking at it differently. I took that quote to mean that he first met Gus at the IB, but he was busy afterwards, (because the crazy win with one second.). Not that Johnson was too busy.

I could be wrong, or looking at it differently. I took that quote to mean that he first met Gus at the IB, but he was busy afterwards, (because the crazy win with one second.). Not that Johnson was too busy.

Same.

Could be, but if Johnson never talked to the guy then shame on him

^^This^^

I was there when he said it. Shocked to say the least.

^^This^^

I was there when he said it. Shocked to say the least.

I didn't know you rolled with the bigs like that 24!! Were you guys at the club? Was M. Irvin there, or had he gone to "powder his nose"?

Archived