Byron Cowart

auburn4ever

Is it just me or does he look like he is 30?

This kid looks like a man, not a young pup a few months removed from high school

Seems mature emotionally, as well as physically. Can't wait to see him contribute on the field this season!

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot wait to see Mr. Cowart and Mr. Lawson making life miserable for any opponent's entire backfield. This is going to be a remarkable season in a very positive way. We will have no less than 10 wins my orange and blue family!

Ok here is a question for all of you just for fun, make sure you take the O&B glasses off also, who do you think was a better prospect coming out of high school Clowney or Cowart? They both play the same position and both were the #1 hs player in the nation. Clowney was a bit taller but Cowart definitely has the size advantage. I would say that Cowart played against better competition in hs but that is just my opinion because I played hs football in Florida growing up.

Just as a reminder to everyone, we're talking about which was a better prospect out of high school. Thus, the comments about Clowney not giving 100% at USCe are irrelevant, because that came after he'd gotten to college.

With that in mind, Clowney has the clear edge as far as prospective potential out of high school. The fact that he DID slack off in college while still being the #1 overall pick should make a pretty big statement to that effect. That is not at all to say I don't think Cowart can be as good/better than Clowney while playing college ball, only that one story has been told while another has yet to begin.

And regardless of the actual results, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Byron playing with other studs along the line won't make him a better player overall. Competition breeds success, after all...

I cannot wait to see Mr. Cowart and Mr. Lawson making life miserable for any opponent's entire backfield. This is going to be a remarkable season in a very positive way. We will have no less than 10 wins my orange and blue family!

Lawson, Cowart, Adams, and Lambert. - 5 stars across the line (counting Lambert as such since he was # 1 Juco D-Line Recruit).

The starting D-Line is going to be an absolute monster!

Look for Tre Williams to step it up at LB as well.

I think The Clown was more hyped by far but I really think Cowart can be much more productive if he can stay healthy. And by the looks of him it will take a freakish event, he's a man among boys.

Rednilla:

... one story has been told while another has yet to begin.

This is all there is to be said at this point.

Weren't there some knocks on Cowart not giving 100% on every play? Well, he's similar to Clowney in terms of having that reputation. However, based on reports, Lawson is an extremely hard worker and that influence should be a positive one on the freshman.

That was until we signed him...Now it's all good he's better that Clowney, the ink has dried. Now if he were to transfer or doesn't perform to expectations? He takes plays off again.

That was until we signed him...Now it's all good he's better that Clowney, the ink has dried. Now if he were to transfer or doesn't perform to expectations? He takes plays off again.

LOL true statement

Sad, but true.

There was a player in the 2015 class that drew a lot of Clowney comparisons, and was my number 1 guy, Josh Sweat. 6'5, close to 230, and ran a 4.46 at the opening. Was the #1 player in the country at one point, but suffered a season ending knee injury in mid September. Despite that he still finished 9th nationally in the composite. Never really heard the Cowart/Clowney comparison though

Sad, but true.

Just like any college fan base.

Sad, but true.

I was thinking his high school coach said it in an interview.

Sad, but true.

I was thinking his high school coach said it in an interview.

The same high school coach that tried to hijack is signature to AU and with a son on the UF coaching staff. He's a 3 and out lock to the NFL barring injury or character issue meltdown

Premium Rivals article just stated Cowart is up to 280. At that size he can play End and Lawson will be at Buck putting what should be our best 2 pass rushers on the field at the same time. Very excited to hear this news.

Premium Rivals article just stated Cowart is up to 280. At that size he can play End and Lawson will be at Buck putting what should be our best 2 pass rushers on the field at the same time. Very excited to hear this news.

On the same side!?

On the same side!?

Buck = WDE

DE = SDE

This will put Lambert at the NT and Monty at DT, as the likely starting DL.

Cowart/Lambert/Adams/Lawson

That's good, because I was a little concerned when I saw Russell charted with the ones. I know he's going to be really good, but it will be nice to have him coming off the bench instead of starting at DT as a redshirt freshman.

That's good, because I was a little concerned when I saw Russell charted with the ones. I know he's going to be really good, but it will be nice to have him coming off the bench instead of starting at DT as a redshirt freshman.

Actually, I could easily see DR as the starting DT if Mont plays the Nose.

Russell is going to be a star this season barring injury. Bank it!

Dang slapping 30 lbs of muscle on that fast is pretty hard to do.

My son started Spring at 6' 1/2' 155 Pounds he is currently at 178 pounds. That is 23 pounds of muscle he has put on going into his Senior year HS football season. I will guarantee you it was good food (most of the time he is a teenager and there is some junk food involved)and hard work. If he can do that without nutrition counselors and while he is working out with a group called performance course it is no place near the required workouts incoming college freshmen are put through. He would have gained even more weight but he also plays HS 7 aside rugby during the summer so between The Performance Course workouts in the morning 5 days a week, and 2 hour Rugby practice twice a week plus weekend tournaments he is burning a huge amount of calories.

With the right program especially as big as Cowart is 30 pounds is possible.

My son started Spring at 6' 1/2' 155 Pounds he is currently at 178 pounds. That is 23 pounds of muscle he has put on going into his Senior year HS football season. I will guarantee you it was good food (most of the time he is a teenager and there is some junk food involved)and hard work. If he can do that without nutrition counselors and while he is working out with a group called performance course it is no place near the required workouts incoming college freshmen are put through. He would have gained even more weight but he also plays HS 7 aside rugby during the summer so between The Performance Course workouts in the morning 5 days a week, and 2 hour Rugby practice twice a week plus weekend tournaments he is burning a huge amount of calories.

With the right program especially as big as Cowart is 30 pounds is possible.

Quote from a professional Bodybuilder and competitor

Well, I'm here to break it to you easy: It's virtually impossible for somebody who's been training regularly to gain 30-40 pounds of muscle in a couple of months or even a year. The only person with the ability to potentially gain 18-20 pounds of muscle in a year is a gym newbie—someone who's never lifted weights or trained before.

Why? Their genetic muscular potential hasn't been activated yet. In other words, they haven't even approached their greatest gains. An experienced trainee, on the other hand, has hit or neared his potential, making lean muscle, fat-free gains much slower.

A 150lb fitness newbie has the potential to gain 18-27lbs in a year, and you're saying he gained 23 in say 5 months?

Rivals says Cowart weighs 280, which is 22 lbs more than what ESPN said he weighed 5 months ago. Now Auburn fans are arguing with each other whether or not he's taking PEDs.

Y'all have got to have something better to talk about.

Doesn't matter to me one way or the other if he does or not lol, I don't take a huge issue with it like some people but, someone referenced gaining 30lbs of muscle in that amount of time is hard to do.... 20+ lbs of good muscle in that amount of time is impossible for an athlete naturally.

My point being "good weight". That weight gain is possible but of that 20-30 lbs its not all muscle. Not accusing anybody of anything, my premise is that the thought of all that weight being muscle naturally is not correct.

Archived