Byron Cowart

auburn4ever

The OP made me think of Emmit Smith, who as I recall, came very, very close to signing with Auburn.

Maybe UF owes us one. Hope ours turns out as well.

^^This^^

Emmitt once stated he should have gone to Auburn cause he would have won the Heisman and a National Championship. Of course UF fans jumped all over that and he later stated he was misquoted.......

I was there when he said it. Shocked to say the least.

I didn't know you rolled with the bigs like that 24!! Were you guys at the club? Was M. Irvin there, or had he gone to "powder his nose"?

Spent some time in Western Pa as a child, so my NFL team is the Steelers. One of the times Emmitt made that proclamation (he actually said more than once, he should have went to AU) was at a Steeler / Cowboy event in Dallas, I/we just happened to be in the hotel lobby at the time of the interview.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read the article and I was impressed with this young man. He is coming to the Plains with a plan. 1). do the work in learning the playbook. 2) do the wrok in the classroom. 3) Knowing he has alot of work to do to be ready for the rigors of SEC play. Top a cliche, this guy is the REAL DEAL.

oh my gosh....this offseason i've been trying to hold off on making any proclamations or get too hype but man!!!! It was very ensuring to see him say that even if muschamp leaves he knows what auburn has to offer and he will be fine, This is exactly the attitude we need spread out though the whole team, that interview was great,can't wait til i see him on the field!

Ok here is a question for all of you just for fun, make sure you take the O&B glasses off also, who do you think was a better prospect coming out of high school Clowney or Cowart? They both play the same position and both were the #1 hs player in the nation. Clowney was a bit taller but Cowart definitely has the size advantage. I would say that Cowart played against better competition in hs but that is just my opinion because I played hs football in Florida growing up.

Ok here is a question for all of you just for fun, make sure you take the O&B glasses off also, who do you think was a better prospect coming out of high school Clowney or Cowart? They both play the same position and both were the #1 hs player in the nation. Clowney was a bit taller but Cowart definitely has the size advantage. I would say that Cowart played against better competition in hs but that is just my opinion because I played hs football in Florida growing up.

Clowney. Dude was a grown man among boys in HS. Cowart is close, but Clowney is my pick. Clowney's film in High School is incredible.

Just watched their highlights and it really isn't close. Clowny's size and speed is on a whole different level.

Lawson and cowart both seem to be much better competitors with much more heart.

Clowney is a gifted athlete but only played to his potential some. Cowart and Lawson both (so far) are striving to be the best their abilities can be. They may not have the measurables but I'd rather have them for leadership and locker room. They aren't too shabby on the field so far either (against respective competition)

Lawson and cowart both seem to be much better competitors with much more heart.

Clowney is a gifted athlete but only played to his potential some. Cowart and Lawson both (so far) are striving to be the best their abilities can be. They may not have the measurables but I'd rather have them for leadership and locker room. They aren't too shabby on the field so far either (against respective competition)

You are correct sir. If you judge only by highlights, and then based on every down over the course of a game, you might get two different answers.

Clowney is a freak of a nature. I was bummed injuries kept him from playing his rookie season in the NFL. Looking forward to seeing what he can do. For those of you saying Cowart and Lawson have more heart... What are you basing that on??? We've seen Lawson play limited snaps for one season, and we haven't seen Cowart play at all. Hold your horses folks.

I'll take Lawson and Cowart over Clowney just because of work ethic. Those are the type of guys you want leading your locker room.

Clowney. He was the type of kid that you could tell was going to be a top ten pick. I didn't expect first overall, but wasn't shocked when it happened. That's not to say Cowart can't go top ten, just that Clowney was about as close to a sure thing as you can get.

Clowney is a freak of a nature. I was bummed injuries kept him from playing his rookie season in the NFL. Looking forward to seeing what he can do. For those of you saying Cowart and Lawson have more heart... What are you basing that on??? We've seen Lawson play limited snaps for one season, and we haven't seen Cowart play at all. Hold your horses folks.

Perhaps just by default. Clowney didn't play hard most of the time at USCe and held himself out against Kentucky his last year there. Potential?--sure. But I'll take a talented guy that actually works hard and plays with heart over uninspired potential any day.

Measurable goes to Clowney Intangibles like work ethic are still to be determined as Cowart has yet to even practice with Auburn

Cowart definitely has the right attitude. MA, CL, and BC could be the best wreaking crew combo in AU history, if they all live up to potential and stay injury free.

Just hoping BC can pick up the defensive schemes quickly! We know the talent and desire is there, but has a lot to learn in a very short period of time to make it by the first of the season.

Measurable goes to Clowney Intangibles like work ethic are still to be determined as Cowart has yet to even practice with Auburn

exactly. To early to tell. But to this point in both careers clowney was clearly superior in talent and potential.

he posted on his instagram that he fully qualified!!

:wareagle:

• 1 month later...

Archived