Byron Cowart

auburn4ever

Rivals says Cowart weighs 280, which is 22 lbs more than what ESPN said he weighed 5 months ago. Now Auburn fans are arguing with each other whether or not he's taking PEDs.

Y'all have got to have something better to talk about.

Doesn't matter to me one way or the other if he does or not lol, I don't take a huge issue with it like some people but, someone referenced gaining 30lbs of muscle in that amount of time is hard to do.... 20+ lbs of good muscle in that amount of time is impossible for an athlete naturally.

My point being "good weight". That weight gain is possible but of that 20-30 lbs its not all muscle. Not accusing anybody of anything, my premise is that the thought of all that weight being muscle is not correct.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rivals says Cowart weighs 280, which is 22 lbs more than what ESPN said he weighed 5 months ago. Now Auburn fans are arguing with each other whether or not he's taking PEDs.

Doesn't matter to me one way or the other if he does or not lol, I don't take a huge issue with it like some people but, someone referenced gaining 30lbs of muscle in that amount of time is hard to do.... 20+ lbs of good muscle in that amount of time is impossible for an athlete naturally.

My point being "good weight". That weight gain is possible but of that 20-30 lbs its not all muscle. Not accusing anybody of anything, my premise is that the thought of all that weight being muscle naturally is not correct.

i get the points on a trained athlete vs a newbie. Even though cowart has obviously been training hard and is a naturally gifted athlete he is still a teenager. If we were talking an NFL player in his mid to upper 20's ...

I'm not disagreeing with your premise, but does this same argument hold at lower age groups ... Even if they have already been working hard?

My point being "good weight". That weight gain is possible but of that 20-30 lbs its not all muscle. Not accusing anybody of anything, my premise is that the thought of all that weight being muscle naturally is not correct.

i get the points on a trained athlete vs a newbie. Even though cowart has obviously been training hard and is a naturally gifted athlete he is still a teenager. If we were talking an NFL player in his mid to upper 20's ...

I'm not disagreeing with your premise, but does this same argument hold at lower age groups ... Even if they have already been working hard?

Due to cowart's size and how long he has been training, 20+ lbs a muscle still pushing it in 5 months. Like I said before it there is probably some bad weight in that 22lb gain. Even for a younger person that's new to training as I stated before has the ability to gain around 2lbs-2.25 max naturally of muscle a month. In 5-6 months that's a 10-12lb gain. Like I said I'm not accusing anyone of anything but to think that it's 20-30lbs of pure muscle is not realistic

Only caveat I would add is that this is an 18 year old kid. It is quite possible to still be growing at his age. So combine continued natural growing with a strong workout and nutrition program, who knows? It may not be all solid muscle, but I don't think there's any need to take it further than that and just make stuff up (which we are not going to do anymore in this thread or it will get nuked).

Seems like the consensus is that he'll start or at the very least see significant playtime game one. I really hope so. Hoping he can pick up the scheme well and adjust pretty quickly to SEC football. I certainly have zero doubt in his ability but also understand they'll be a learning curve so i hope people will give him a little time to adjust. He and Lawson just seem to be players of a rare breed that are A+ talent so it's hard not to be very excited about what those two can do on the field at the same time.

Apparently some people in here never heard of good genes.

Sorry dude, good genes are a part of it, but u don't gain 20-30lbs of pure muscle in 5 months regardless of genes. My guess is it's also some bad weight as someone said "lay off the cheeseburgers" lol. I'm not getting into this convo again. Let's go back to Cowart the player instead of these other things, if u want this thread to stay

Sorry dude, good genes are a part of it, but u don't gain 20-30lbs of pure muscle in 5 months regardless of genes. My guess is it's also some bad weight as someone said "lay off the cheeseburgers" lol. I'm not getting into this convo again. Let's go back to Cowart the player instead of these other things, if u want this thread to stay

^^This^^ or its gets nuked.....................

You are such a freaking troll!

Lol k

What about his post was trolling?

A couple of thoughts:

1. It's the first time Byron has lived away from home. It's probably also the first time that he has been within walking distance of a Chickfila, Moes, countless pizza and burger joints, convenience stores where you can get everything from the hottest new Japanese soda to a pack of golden Oreos and everything in between. Do the math. The freshman 15 is real folks. Not saying its 100% bad weight, but it could at least be a part of it.

2. It's the first time that Byron has been in a college weight lifting program. It's probably also one of the first times that he has been really pushed physically full time, and (aside from things like the UA All American game and the Opening) maybe the first time that he has not been far and away the best player on the field. Byron strikes me as a very driven young man. It wouldn't shock me if he were to be putting in some extra time in the gym.

3. On the same page as the last point, it's possible that Russell wasn't happy with one part of his body physically, maybe his lower or upper body, and has been focusing on getting as much muscle mass added as possible.

We signed a LB to TCU this year. He enrolled in January at 200 lbs, I saw him last week and he said he is now 225-230 lbs. I did not weigh him, but he certainly looked the weight. The advances in college weight and nutritional programs allows for more substantial gains.

This guy is not your normal teenager. His body is cheseled . With the supervision he has it's entirely possible. He's a manbeast. Baring injury he will leave a clear legacy.

Archived