2016 4* Buck DE/LB Antonneous Clayton (Florida commit)

RunInRed

Just keeps getting better I see

Looks like AU took Clayton as a lock and UF went all in. All on AU. Au has ramped up his recruitment but may be a little too late.

Wonderful. Keep earning that paycheck Gus....Somehow.

Schools have been negative recruiting AU for the last year after AU's fall last mid season. And the problem is AU has done just what the others schools have told these recruits would happen. Fall on their face. AU has NO recruiting momentum right now. NONE.

This.

And no momentum on the football field. We need to change the course of the season both on the field and in recruiting..still time but it's going to take some mental and testicular fortitude.

Ha

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's still a long ways off until signing day. Players that have decommitted or even thinking about flipping to another school could still end up signing with Auburn. All we have to do to make sure we have a really good recruiting year is to win and win big the rest of the way.

It's still a long ways off until signing day. Players that have decommitted or even thinking about flipping to another school could still end up signing with Auburn. All we have to do to make sure we have a really good recruiting year is to win and win big the rest of the way.

"and once JJ throws many TDs to Duke, they're all going to be commiting to Auburn."

Crap, wrong thread.

If I've noticed anything from AU recruiting under Gus it's that we're not making very strong pushes during the season. However, it always seems that we come on strong in the offseason. I think other schools put more emphasis on recruiting during the season.

I think one thing, to Gus' credit, is that everyone comitted last year prior to signing day signed. All were eligible too if I remember correctly.

Antonneous is a good player. Uses his hands rather well but he needs to gain size without losing speed. He isn't seen running through anyone on his tackles and seems to try and wrap up and swing his opponents down. Won't work against bigger backs.

If I've noticed anything from AU recruiting under Gus it's that we're not making very strong pushes during the season. However, it always seems that we come on strong in the offseason. I think other schools put more emphasis on recruiting during the season.

I think one thing, to Gus' credit, is that everyone comitted last year prior to signing day signed. All were eligible too if I remember correctly.

Antonneous is a good player. Uses his hands rather well but he needs to gain size without losing speed. He isn't seen running through anyone on his tackles and seems to try and wrap up and swing his opponents down. Won't work against bigger backs.

if Gus chooses to focus on the 85 scholarship players on the field, I am more than ok with that.

https://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/clayton-calls-the-florida-gators-his-leader-florida-gators-recruiting/

Good article on why UF is Clayton's leader and not Auburn. Big reason appears to be that he is not getting phone calls from Muschamp as often as he would like. I think that this is still 50/50, especially once the season finishes and the Auburn coaches get more time with him.

https://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/clayton-calls-the-florida-gators-his-leader-florida-gators-recruiting/

Good article on why UF is Clayton's leader and not Auburn. Big reason appears to be that he is not getting phone calls from Muschamp as often as he would like. I think that this is still 50/50, especially once the season finishes and the Auburn coaches get more time with him.

Assuming this is true then it behooves Mr. Muschamp to make a call and tell the kid how much we think he is an Auburn man and remind him who found him.

This is the stuff that I don't get. Our DL struggles are known, and our coaches are pretty much going out of their way to tell recruits that our depth is not there so early playing time will be there, but then we don't play the recruiting game by picking up the phone.

https://www.gatorcou...ors-recruiting/

This is the stuff that I don't get. Our DL struggles are known, and our coaches are pretty much going out of their way to tell recruits that our depth is not there so early playing time will be there, but then we don't play the recruiting game by picking up the phone.

Could be because we're too busy trying to fix the issues we have with the current roster.

Could be because we're too busy trying to fix the issues we have with the current roster.

More likely we shouldn't give any credence to someone who writes for "Gators recruiting" and who benefits if he can make remarks that put Auburn in a bad light. Anybody that thinks Muschamp is ignoring a player he wants needs to re-think.

More likely we shouldn't give any credence to someone who writes for "Gators recruiting" and who benefits if he can make remarks that put Auburn in a bad light. Anybody that thinks Muschamp is ignoring a player he wants needs to re-think.

^^^^This

Still think we could flip him, also the FSU DE commit is a potential flip here pretty soon. Nick Coe still on our radar as well.

Still think we could flip him, also the FSU DE commit is a potential flip here pretty soon. Nick Coe still on our radar as well.

Hurts to lose a player of this caliber in a position of need. I think Florida simply outrecruited us by going all in ans devoting all their time and attention on him.

Hurts to lose a player of this caliber in a position of need. I think Florida simply outrecruited us by going all in ans devoting all their time and attention on him.

I'm told he isn't a guy who could help in the next few years. Needs to add lots of weight. FWIW. And the UF writer was right. CWM had not contacted him in a while. So I was told.

Archived