2016 4* Buck DE/LB Antonneous Clayton (Florida commit)

RunInRed

Still think we could flip him, also the FSU DE commit is a potential flip here pretty soon. Nick Coe still on our radar as well.

Hurts to lose a player of this caliber in a position of need. I think Florida simply outrecruited us by going all in ans devoting all their time and attention on him.

Yep, I think we have to realize this year our DL recruiting is really terrible. We have to ask, what the heck is Gardner doing. If, as WDE says, he needs to add weight and would not be ready for a few years, then we should have many, many other options open to us with kids that have close to the right body weight now. It's not like there aren't any other DL line recruits anywhere.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still think we could flip him, also the FSU DE commit is a potential flip here pretty soon. Nick Coe still on our radar as well.

Hurts to lose a player of this caliber in a position of need. I think Florida simply outrecruited us by going all in ans devoting all their time and attention on him.

Yep, I think we have to realize this year our DL recruiting is really terrible. We have to ask, what the heck is Gardner doing. If, as WDE says, he needs to add weight and would not be ready for a few years, then we should have many, many other options open to us with kids that have close to the right body weight now. It's not like there aren't any other DL line recruits anywhere.

I think we end up getting Antwuan Jackson and/or Derrick Brown, which would give us two five stars on the Dline, assuming MD sticks with his commitment. But we need more than one elite DT to have a good Dline... See e.g. Montravius Adams.

I think we end up getting Antwuan Jackson and/or Derrick Brown, which would give us two five stars on the Dline, assuming MD sticks with his commitment. But we need more than one elite DT to have a good Dline... See e.g. Montravius Adams.

Going to get Marshall also. But I'm told he needs a redshirt year.

Going to get Marshall also. But I'm told he needs a redshirt year.

Hopefully we don't let him commit again until NSD.

I thought this guy was supposed to be a project from the start? If CWM decides he needs guys that can play now (and we will next year badly) then letting go and getting more ready players makes sense. Now we just need the other players (that are likely signing day guys).

I thought this guy was supposed to be a project from the start? If CWM decides he needs guys that can play now (and we will next year badly) then letting go and getting more ready players makes sense. Now we just need the other players (that are likely signing day guys).

Not really a project but a guy who needs a couple of years.

He only weighs 215. Small for a linebacker, even smaller for a buck.

I'm told he isn't a guy who could help in the next few years. Needs to add lots of weight. FWIW. And the UF writer was right. CWM had not contacted him in a while. So I was told.

If Muschamp backed off, I'm good.

I'm told he isn't a guy who could help in the next few years. Needs to add lots of weight. FWIW. And the UF writer was right. CWM had not contacted him in a while. So I was told.

I don't think we ever backed off. We simply couldnt keep up with Florida's 24/7 recruitment of him. I don't blame the coaches for not having the time to give him a wake up call every morning and sing him to sleep at night.

I don't think we ever backed off. We simply couldnt keep up with Florida's 24/7 recruitment of him. I don't blame the coaches for not having the time to give him a wake up call every morning and sing him to sleep at night.

Soft kitty, warm kitty...

Some people said that about Arden key too....

Who give a flying @&&$ if he may have to wait a year or two? We'll need him then. As if we have so much talent that we can turn down big time guys.....And what prospect that can contribute now did we decide to go after instead????

Garner is not living up to the hype that we thought he'd bring home to Auburn after spending 10 years with Ga. He needs to go and Muschamp must bring in a DL coach/top recruiter for next year.

Who give a flying @&&$ if he may have to wait a year or two? We'll need him then. As if we have so much talent that we can turn down big time guys.....And what prospect that can contribute now did we decide to go after instead????

Those are good questions. We have 25 open slots, I don't see the traffic jam that would cause us to back off a good prospect, year or two away or not.

Those are good questions. We have 25 open slots, I don't see the traffic jam that would cause us to back off a good prospect, year or two away or not.

Glad I'm not completely crazy, I mean we put a safety at d end for crying out loud

Glad I'm not completely crazy, I mean we put a safety at d end for crying out loud

Oh, you're completely crazy. Don't let Mikey telling you that you asked some good questions convince you you're not.

So why are we still after Marshall and not Clayton? They both need time...does Marshall need less time? Is he the easier get?

They're still after me.

So why are we still after Marshall and not Clayton? They both need time...does Marshall need less time? Is he the easier get?

They're still after me.

Get Clayton!

He only weighs 215. Small for a linebacker, even smaller for a buck.

2 years before A. Clayton would see playing time but given the current state of the defense he may start.

And if that happens...well you know the outcome

• 2 months later...

Archived