I'm confused, but sw and jj are the same

cole256

It depends on what offense formation is if somebody would be running free actually....But anyway I actually should have placed a semi colon there but when writing from the phone I'm usually in text massage mode. But if you read all my posts you'd see I said I'd believe we wouldn't be passing on first down so I'd run blitz that down. Then I'd play cover 2. I wasn't meaning I'd be blitzing from a cover 2 play.

I played a little though, yeah I realize cover 2 is two safeties lol. Actually believe it or not miss st safety coman and linebacker B Brown...well I'll just say I've talked and helped both with some football things when they were younger

Gotcha. That certainly makes more sense. I figured I was just misreading what you were trying to say. I can agree with that. We run it up the gut way too much on 1st down IMO. Seems the stats prove that to be true also.

By the way, now is not the time to brag about helping out St. Players. Lol

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I imagine they figured offensively on first down we'd be running or throwing screens.

They were in high school back then lol. It was just talks. I helped them more in basketball. But it does saddens me that I think both would have come to Auburn if Auburn had recruited them better

That's true. Man, what a difference just getting 2 TDs (lol or 1 for that matter) out of the 4 RZ possessions would've been. If we had the same exact production except for finishing 2 of those drives properly I think the vibe around here and the program (and the QB) is completely different.

Yep exactly, a bad snap at the 1 yd. line, an INT instead of running it out of bounds in the RZ. We are talking about 2 plays that failed because of player execution. From that, we have all these conclusions/proclamations in here about the coaching staff, the play calling and the program. It's ridiculous.

Just saw this from @WarRoomEagle. Three OLs in the end zone, Barber doesn't follow them:

https://vine.co/v/exLn3htYVJ5

It wasn't just the bad snap, and it wasn't just the OL's fault.

EDIT: I post that to further your point, not to argue against it.

Kinda makes your skin crawl, over and over. .lol

this is headache inducing.

Most of the threads since Saturday are headache inducing. Agreed.

It would be ok if there were more than 8 people on this board you could actually talk to without it getting combative

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's pretty close to the number I got, too.

this is headache inducing.

Most of the threads since Saturday are headache inducing. Agreed.

It would be ok if there were more than 8 people on this board you could actually talk to without it getting combative

:laugh:/> :laugh:/> :laugh:/>

That's pretty close to the number I got, too.

8 is generous lol.

Definitely have to give Sean White a second game. The same still applies that the greatest improvement usually comes from the first to the second start (see Kyle Allen, Deshaun Watson recently as well as many others). The difference is that Jeremy Johnson wasn't starting his first game and Sean White was. Additionally, Johnson has been in the system playing for two years. White had never faced an SEC defense. I thought White handled himself very well and showed great competitiveness. Our play calling, as pointed out, was extremely predictable in the red zone and that is not White's fault. He threw into coverage a couple of times, but the lack of respect for our running game had a huge effect on their coverage scheme. He has the will to win and he is not scared of the spotlight. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but he got hit from his blindside a couple of times by unblocked players. He still hung in the pocket and took what the defense gave him very well for a redshirt freshman in his first start. This kid is going to be a good one.

Since everyone else is posting, I thought I might add my two cents. Jeremy from the start has played tentative, staring down receivers, misreading coverages and throwing into triple coverage. He's been in the program for 2 seasons and has had time to learn everything there is to know about it, yet, here we are. He started a game last year and played mop-up in several more. When it became his team and the bright lights came on, something happened. Sean, by contrast, played loose, went thru his progressions, and the game wasn't too big. Thru two games against D1 defenses, Jeremy has thrown for 235 yds, 3 TD's, 4 int's and 55% completion. Sean, in one game, threw for 188 yds, 0TD's, 1 int and 71% completion. Against MSU, the offense found a rhythm until the red-zone and iffy play calling. Are they the same QB? Basically, yes. There are a lot of QB's out there with the same skill set that Jeremy. So, why do some succeed and others don't? What I saw Saturday night was a young QB who had confidence and a high football IQ, that looked like he wanted to be out there...and when he wasn't on the field, he was bouncing around the sideline trying to pump up the offense. That, to me, is the sign of a leader. Something I haven't seen on the offense this year.

are you comfortable with check down city? the LSU game was over before it started and He did make key passes against Jacksonville state when needed. has sean white since wearing an AU helmet threw a TD? here Is his spring stats. I was at the game he threw check downs.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/04/check_out_full_stats_mvp_award.html

Maybe it's the fact that Sean went through his progressions and nothing was there, so he went to the checkdown. State was playing two deep safety all night. Would you rather Sean throw into double and triple coverage?

JJ would have. Might be JJ posting for all I know. :)

That would be a no. lol

Cole needs to go sit in the corner quietly for an hour for starting this.

Feel free not too post in this thread. But the fact that I never saw you post anything about not needing a qb controversy the first three weeks is sort of the point of what I was saying.

That would be a no. lol

Feel free not too post in this thread. But the fact that I never saw you post anything about not needing a qb controversy the first three weeks is sort of the point of what I was saying.

The title of this thread clearly states both QB's are the same. That in itself creates a QB controversy. You Sir are stirring up trouble where there is none.

That would be a no. lol

The title of this thread clearly states both QB's are the same. That in itself creates a QB controversy. You Sir are stirring up trouble where there is none.

That didn't address ANYTHING that I said, so I repeat this is my point. I think you may have misread my reply because you answered it as if I was explaining myself to you as if I could really cause the team a qb controversy. When in actuality that was so ridiculous I didn't reply to it.

And yes in the title I expressed my opinion that their play wasn't as different as many seem to be making. For some reason you feel you can chastise me for this....after the first game some posts here flat out said jj sucked and sw is better I didn't see your post chastising them or mentioning qb controversy...my point

Lastly if I could magically create a qb controversy you'd still be wrong as I said that since sw play was so close to jj he should be the qb starter....But I'm sure you missed those 4 or 5 posts as well....

Well, I am with Cole here. Dink passes completed. NO TD period and crucial int. I think folks are searching for silver lining. Yes safeties were back but shouldn't the 10 to 15 yd crossing be open?

Made a couple of nice runs but JJ went 60+ last week.

IMO we do not have the correct QB on campus for success. Need to hit the junior colleges or transfers.

One difference I saw is that Sean isn't scared to run, where as JJ is. Which is crazy, because JJ is more of a physical talent, but doesn't show the heart and confidence many thought he had. I thought he had it, but looking at JJ when he runs, despite that one long TD, he's hesitant, indecisive and doesn't look like he's willing to dish it out.

That would be a no. lol

That didn't address ANYTHING that I said, so I repeat this is my point. I think you may have misread my reply because you answered it as if I was explaining myself to you as if I could really cause the team a qb controversy. When in actuality that was so ridiculous I didn't reply to it.

And yes in the title I expressed my opinion that their play wasn't as different as many seem to be making. For some reason you feel you can chastise me for this....after the first game some posts here flat out said jj sucked and sw is better I didn't see your post chastising them or mentioning qb controversy...my point

Lastly if I could magically create a qb controversy you'd still be wrong as I said that since sw play was so close to jj he should be the qb starter....But I'm sure you missed those 4 or 5 posts as well....

Way to prove how everyone else starts arguments and you don't. All he said is a tongue in cheek comment (that read as humor to everyone but you) that you should sit in the corner for an hour and you're jumping his case and claiming he is chastising you. Hypocrisy at its best. Nice work.

That would be a no. lol

LOL. yea if you think about it, Cole is in favor of playing Sean but critical of others for being in favor of Sean for different reasons than him.

So many football experts on here. Wow. one of y'all will surely be our next head coach. I have some questions about your recruiting ability though.

I don't know if you know this, but this is a football message board. If posters aren't allowed to post things about football and their knowledge of football, what exactly would you like for them to post?

So many football experts on here. Wow. one of y'all will surely be our next head coach. I have some questions about your recruiting ability though.

What would you propose we use this Auburn football message board for?

ETA- Clayton beat me to it.

I don't know if you know this, but this is a football message board. If posters aren't allowed to post things about football and their knowledge of football, what exactly would you like for them to post?

Poetry, lots and lots of poetry??

The offense was clicking with Sean until Gus slowed us down and tried to get cute in the red zone.Sean has the endorsement of his teammates. Sean should start. Period.

Archived