Will we see JJ at QB vs. UK?

AURealist

Yes, for one or two wildcat formations. He'll take the snap and run up the middle. No creativity here. He's going to be used the same way Kiehl Frasier was used in his short, but ineffective tenure at Auburn.

bama lost to ole miss.

Tennessee lost to Arkansas?

Ole Miss lost to Florida.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have no ideal which QB but we will find out what kind of coach Gus when we play UK. This is a huge game for Gus it can go south on us in a big way and in a hurry. The other SEC teams/coaches are having a feeding frenzy on us right now.

On a good note we aren't Texas thank goodness.

^This. I am hoping that we aren't searching for those dumpster fire pictures from 2012 soon. UT (Texas variety) is the only thing making me feel better about AU right now. I wish I had more confidence in a turnaround, right now all I have is hope.

I have a hunch we see JJ start vs UK.

This situation is perplexing to me. Why not go ahead and name Sean the starter? Why is it still week to week when he hasn't really done anything to actually lose the job. Hasn't technically won it either but he's done a decent job of what has been asked of him...even though it's not been much asked of him.

We have to have more explosive plays, period. We need to take the shackles off whoever is playing QB.

Agree 100% that's why i can't understand how SW can be potentially replaced when he hasn't been given that chance.

But what if Gus and Rhett look at it as though SW is just temporarily filling in - as if JJ were injured list or something...? Then no reason is needed to return JJ to the starting spot.

And do we even know these "shackles" exist? The play calling is perplexing, but what if that's a separate issue?

This situation is perplexing to me. Why not go ahead and name Sean the starter? Why is it still week to week when he hasn't really done anything to actually lose the job. Hasn't technically won it either but he's done a decent job of what has been asked of him...even though it's not been much asked of him.

We have to have more explosive plays, period. We need to take the shackles off whoever is playing QB.

Agree 100% that's why i can't understand how SW can be potentially replaced when he hasn't been given that chance.

But what if Gus and Rhett look at it as though SW is just temporarily filling in - as if JJ were injured list or something...? Then no reason is needed to return JJ to the starting spot.

And do we even know these "shackles" exist? The play calling is perplexing, but what if that's a separate issue?

All good questions. I don't get it but i hope they have some sort of plan in mind.

Would not surprise me a bit...I think SW is just holding the fort until the coaches get JJ back on track. Gus is not likely to give up on the anointed one after only three games.....no matter what we saw. It's an "away" game and no crowd to react when he trots onto the field with our first offensive opportunity. A good time to give him another try. JMO....more like 70:30...

Would not surprise me a bit...I think SW is just holding the fort until the coaches get JJ back on track. Gus is not likely to give up on the anointed one after only three games.....no matter what we saw. It's an "away" game and no crowd to react when he trots onto the field with our first offensive opportunity. A good time to give him another try. JMO....more like 70:30...

We need to pray a lot

We need to pray a lot

And drink a lot

We need to pray a lot

And drink a lot

never truer words have been said

Whoever gives us the best chance to win period. Now having said that, I won't be surprised at all to see JJ start. Seems like it could be the right time.

My goodness I would hope not. But it does have me worried that he was sooo reluctant to start Sean and is now really reluctant to name him the starter. He says Sean provided a spark, but we can almost count the number of times he's had him pass on our fingers and toes. It's almost like he's not giving him a fair shot, and as someone alluded to, just letting him fill in for Jeremy until he gets his head on straight. I think it'll be a terrible idea, but what do I know? Oh, I'll tell you what I know: if he does start Jeremy, the moment he throws a couple of picks Gus might have an angry revolution on his hands. Personally, I think laughter is the best medicine at this point, but in the end, what do I really, truly know?

No inside information, but I do believe Jeremy will be the starter when we take the field next Thursday. At the time, he had lost all confidence in his ability to play the position and the pressure was starting to wear on him. He hasn't checked out mentally after sitting the last two games, in fact he's weirdly looked more engaged on the sideline, like he was almost relaxed. I'd like to see how he reacts if he gets another opportunity. I think he has the higher ceiling of the two QBs.

I will have to say that if JJ was to start, that move would be very divisive. Sean has not lost the job yet so the decision would be ridiculous.

Whoever gives us the best chance to win period. Now having said that, I won't be surprised at all to see JJ start. Seems like it could be the right time.

JMO but JJ"s career at AU is not over...there is too much invested in him. So....so this is a winnable game, on the road but without a wild and crazy bunch of fans like LSU and a pretty low pressure opportunity to see how he reacts to adversity if there is some.

Personally, I'm OK with him starting to see if he's back to where Gus thought he was back in the spring when he got the starting nod. Putting on my tinfoil hat for a moment...it might be that the coaches wanted SW kept under wraps....not show too much...so that it would be easier to go back to JJ for another look without generating too much fuss.

There will be no better game for a while to start him and as for installing him during a game....I'm not sure that would show the coaches very much.

It was apparent JJ didn't have a clue aboout reading defenses. So after three weeks

Unless he was instructed only to throw to one receiver (no reads, like with the predetermined 'read' option).

It was apparent JJ didn't have a clue aboout reading defenses. So after three weeks

Unless he was instructed only to throw to one receiver (no reads, like with the predetermined 'read' option).

This is Gus and RL history

This is Gus and RL history

They need to start trusting their players more. No one can play like that.

Just operating on hunch like everyone else but I think we see JJ get another shot at Kentucky. He has obviously showed them something in the previous seasons and in practice to make them think he is our best option. If they do that though, it won't be because he is the annointed one though. I think coaches think more about winning and keeping their jobs than they do about stuff like that. And we damn sure need this win at Kentucky..

I'm afraid if JJ started at JHS, he'd get boo'ed. Starting him away at Kentucky (not typically the most intimidating place) might be a place to "give it a whirl". If it doesn't work out, you go back to SW. Remember, this would be SW first away start. Don't know if any of that factors in, but thought I'd bring t up.

So far, SW has done as good of a job as to be expected. If any changes are in the air, look for Jason Smith to be given a chance to show his stuff as a QB. I do not think we will see JJ play any more this season unless SW is injured. I think we will see more of what SW can do with a broader package that will be implemented over the next 2 weeks.

I honestly believe that if there are any surprises to be had with QB position, it will involve JS and only after SW has been given ample opportunity to show his stuff with a less restricted package. Look for better QB play with UK. This is something of a hunch. Hey, I was the only one it seems on this board that thought that UF could actually beat UM and do soundly as they did. UF will win the SEC East. Let's see what happens my friends!

War Damn Corgi has shed her expertise on how our football fortunes will greatly improve!

Archived