Carl Lawson Spotted?

ALTiger

Can somebody with knowledge of Carl Lawson please confirm or deny the rumor he will be back for the Ole Miss game?

Was told yesterday he was going to play against Ole Miss. :dunno:/> Don't know what in the world to think or whats going on.

From the snippets I've gotten, mostly on here mind you, his parents MAY have been hoping he could go pro without risking another injury. Maybe they have come around to a different way of thinking? It would also help if Dr Andrews cleared him to play.... So both would likely have had to happen. Maybe they weren't expecting a clearance to play this early and that has led to a change in thinking? Just a guess and in now way "info" of course.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^seems like it changes by the day. I'm hearing some scuttle-butt about "maybe taking some snaps in practice" so...

I may have to eat crow if he comes back early. I would still guess couple weeks more based on what I know.

Here's hoping. We could use him.

Can somebody with knowledge of Carl Lawson please confirm or deny the rumor he will be back for the Ole Miss game?

Was told yesterday he was going to play against Ole Miss. :dunno:/> Don't know what in the world to think or whats going on.

From the snippets I've gotten, mostly on here mind you, his parents MAY have been hoping he could go pro without risking another injury. Maybe they have come around to a different way of thinking? It would also help if Dr Andrews cleared him to play.... So both would likely have had to happen. Maybe they weren't expecting a clearance to play this early and that has led to a change in thinking? Just a guess and in now way "info" of course.

Thank you guys for the information.

^seems like it changes by the day. I'm hearing some scuttle-butt about "maybe taking some snaps in practice" so...

I may have to eat crow if he comes back early. I would still guess couple weeks more based on what I know.

No crow needed ptb. The Lawson's as a family seem to keep the injury info pretty sealed up. Thanks for the info you give. We damn sure appreciate it. I don't expect anybody would have anything bad to say about you should CL come back early. Probably best that no one expects him back until he shows up. Thanks ptb.

passthebiscuits no need to eat crow. I just heard a rumor from a Auburn man that has a lot of inside information, and asked the question since all of you know a lot more than I do. Thank you for your information that you have given us. The Auburn staff has done a great job of keeping this under wraps, so not to give any of our opponents any knowledge about Lawson.

Is our season even salvageable enough at this point for him to come back? Say he comes back and we win out by some miracle. 9-3 with 3 losses from our side of the conference means there's no chance we could even play for the SEC much less playoffs. Now it could be a less embarassing year but if he doesn't leave for pro after this year I'd almost rather make sure he's going to be okay for the next year. It just depends. I'm not going to be the one to question Dr. Andrews but this is difficult to get too excited about.

Same here. If he does come and gets hurt again...............I just don't want to imagine that

Of course it's worth it for Lawson to come back if he's able! While it may not result in us getting to the SECCG this season, finishing this season strong will lay a foundation for success in future seasons. I see this team going through a dark valley right now, but they are not despairing and they're still fighting. If they will continue to give good effort and work on eliminating mistakes and improving, good things will come.

Jmo changes on the defensive staff are coming. Could be a few shake ups on offensive staff also. Just a hunch. No proof or links . prolly indigestion or gas. Dinner was great

The entire defensive staff is in their first year, with the exception of Garner. I'm assuming that IF any changes are made, it's to the DL coach.

CL's parents, if they want him to go pro they probably understand that him not playing will hurt his draft stock. That hurts his money. Like WM told Adams you take a play off, you're losing money.

Is our season even salvageable enough at this point for him to come back? Say he comes back and we win out by some miracle. 9-3 with 3 losses from our side of the conference means there's no chance we could even play for the SEC much less playoffs. Now it could be a less embarassing year but if he doesn't leave for pro after this year I'd almost rather make sure he's going to be okay for the next year. It just depends. I'm not going to be the one to question Dr. Andrews but this is difficult to get too excited about.

It would get us to a bowl game which means more practice time. Certainly it would help with recruiting to finish with a better record and at least be something to build on for coaches, players, and fans alike for next season. Winning out, however unlikely, would also mean beating our two biggest rivals which would absolutely be worth it.

He'll be playing. Don't know how much, but he will be playing. TIFWIW...

Oh no!!! Now it definitely won't happen!!!

Haha. J/k 101. Man I hope you and others are right.

I'll admit I was wrong on JJ starting. My friend was convinced that he would. It happens. I hope Lawson plays too, seems like he will be...

I hope Lawson plays worse than I hope Glenn is still alive.

Tough call but I will agree with you on that one.

I cannot understand why CL would even consider making an attempt to go the NFL route at the end of this season. He would wind up as a free agent with a huge negative due to his chronic injuries. Do not get me wrong. I know he wants to play in the NFL one day down the road in the not too distant future.

If he has an injury free 2016 and makes this defense a formidable foe, he will have a great chance of being drafted in the early rounds. This is by far the most logical path to the NFL for Carl. This would be a huge win/win situation for Carl and his teammates.

I cannot understand why CL would even consider making an attempt to go the NFL route at the end of this season. He would wind up as a free agent with a huge negative due to his chronic injuries. Do not get me wrong. I know he wants to play in the NFL one day down the road in the not too distant future.

If he has an injury free 2016 and makes this defense a formidable foe, he will have a great chance of being drafted in the early rounds. This is by far the most logical path to the NFL for Carl. This would be a huge win/win situation for Carl and his teammates.

I'd love to see him come back, but I can also understand his frustration with injury. He's confident he can make a roster. What he gives up by going early is possibly significant guaranteed money.

Potentially millions of dollars versus being injured further in college and making squat.

Seems like a pretty easy decision.

Selfishly, yes, I hope he returns next season. But I wouldn't blame him if he left.

Archived