Gus is a not a QB coach

Lowrider

Gus isn't a very good QB coach. Don't think Gus has ever claimed to be one. Lashlee? From all intense purposes he was. Don't know what happened. As for Gus having to have a DT QB to win? I don't think Gus has to have a DT QB to win.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately Lashlee's intensity hasn't translated to the QB coaching position on staff

Just busting your chops WDE, I'm still loopy from anesthesia this AM so it seemed funny in my head lol

But Gus' calling card is calling offenses and as you said being a QB coach isn't what shot him up the coaching ranks.

I want to know how (drills, video, virtual reality, live scrimmages, summer work outs) our QBs have been trained in the past vs how they will be trained in this off season given the lack of player development demonstrated last year. I don't care about reputation. I want to know that our coaching staff has a plan to enhance talent at this position.

Little doc

I want to know how (drills, video, virtual reality, live scrimmages, summer work outs) our QBs have been trained in the past vs how they will be trained in this off season given the lack of player development demonstrated last year. I don't care about reputation. I want to know that our coaching staff has a plan to enhance talent at this position.

Little doc

I would like to know as well.

Gus is not a QB coach, but I tell you who is...

I say we offer Jimbo Fischer 6 million after we fire Gus next year. If we're lucky then hopefully he will bring back DC, Trickett, and Charles Kelly to the plains.

Little doc

they don't, CRL has proven to have no ability other than to kiss a$$ to gus

IMO, all Auburn fans batter hope and pray there's some major cleaning house after 2016. Starting with Jay Jacobs and then work your ay to the whole football coaching staff. As long as Jacobs is still there, we will NEVER get a big time winning head coach. Besides needed a new AD who knows what the heck he's doing to put AU's AD deportment back on track. Then we truly need someone like Chris Paterson or Art Briles to bring th Auburn football program back on top and earn the respect of others.

I think when looking for a head coach, getting a super coordinator isn't really indicative of what makes a good HC. Way too many managerial duties of a HC to think that a top of the line play caller can translate to a top HC. Even Chizik said as a HC he struggled in that there isn't much COACHING he's doing -- which obviously is where he, and Gus, excel.

per a4e was trying to remember what was the last SEC school to bring in a big time winning coach. UGA, UF, USCe, Tenn, MSU, AU, Vandy, UK, ....nope none of those....maybe it was Arky....

When Gus goes....and it will happen sooner or later....we will be back to doing what every other SEC school has done....hoping a successful coordinator can make the step up, or that a failed HC can find the secret or that a young HC from a smaller school can handle the pressures.

Seems that big time winning coaches who are doing well where they are see no career benefit to taking an SEC job and facing irrational fans and a meat grinder schedule. The idea that any of the coaches mentioned would leave their safe-havens for any amount of money AU could pay is just plain dreaming.

True, but I, personally, would prefer to hire somebody who has proven they can at least handle the responsibilities of a HC at the college level. Whether it be from a mid-major or a less prestigious Power 5 school. I don't think Gus' 1 year at Arky State was enough. Nor would it be enough for anybody. In fact, Gus' record there was worse than Ark State's previous season. So Arky State regressed in Gus' year there if we're looking at record. Smh

As I was watching Finebaum's TV show today, he had Auburn's beat writer, Brandon Marcello. Both Finebaum and Marcello were talking about why Gus Malzahn can't keep assistant coaches around. Brandon said that Gus has fired 8 assistant since the end on the 2014 season. He also added that 5 assistants left on their own because Gus was hard to work for and unless your one of his "guys" he makes it very hard to work with. Therefore, coaches like Muschamp, Thompson, TRob, Grimes and Dameyune all saw the writing on the wall. Could these 5 coaches know that something may be coming down the line during the 2016 season or at years end? Oh yeah, Brandon strongly feels that Gus is for sure on the hotseat and it got hotter when he let Dameyune go to LSU.

As I was watching Finebaum's TV show today, he had Auburn's beat writer, Brandon Marcello. Both Finebaum and Marcello were talking about why Gus Malzahn can't keep assistant coaches around. Brandon said that Gus has fired 8 assistant since the end on the 2014 season. He also added that 5 assistants left on their own because Gus was hard to work for and unless your one of his "guys" he makes it very hard to work with. Therefore, coaches like Muschamp, Thompson, TRob, Grimes and Dayemune all saw the writing on the wall. Could these 5 coaches know that something may be coming down the line during the 2016 season or at years end?

That's hilarious -- and fitting -- that Marcello was on Finebaum. Marcello switched to antagonistic mode last season. Guess it's paying off for him.

As I was watching Finebaum's TV show today, he had Auburn's beat writer, Brandon Marcello. Both Finebaum and Marcello were talking about why Gus Malzahn can't keep assistant coaches around. Brandon said that Gus has fired 8 assistant since the end on the 2014 season. He also added that 5 assistants left on their own because Gus was hard to work for and unless your one of his "guys" he makes it very hard to work with. Therefore, coaches like Muschamp, Thompson, TRob, Grimes and Dayemune all saw the writing on the wall. Could these 5 coaches know that something may be coming down the line during the 2016 season or at years end?

That's hilarious -- and fitting -- that Marcello was on Finebaum. Marcello switched to antagonistic mode last season. Guess it's paying off for him.

I agree, but Gus is helping fuel the antagonistic flames by the product put on the field, his secrecy, the staff turmoil and his replacement hires.

wde

Marcello is a hack. Pondscum is the deliverer of hack in a sack. Gus has 9 months to shut them up or usher in a new staff at AU. Some of you are ready to see that happen. Win/win.

Marcello is a prick enough said and a waste of human flesh

Birds gotta eat....same as the worms.

IMO, all Auburn fans batter hope and pray there's some major cleaning house after 2016. Starting with Jay Jacobs and then work your ay to the whole football coaching staff. As long as Jacobs is still there, we will NEVER get a big time winning head coach. Besides needed a new AD who knows what the heck he's doing to put AU's AD deportment back on track. Then we truly need someone like Chris Paterson or Art Briles to bring th Auburn football program back on top and earn the respect of others.

How many national titles have Chris and Art coached for? Just curious, I can't seem to recall.

Plus, deporting the AD seems a little harsh.

Archived