Jax State QB

tmjiv

Bump.

WDE, are you saying we are after the Jax State QB?

Auburn isn't that desperate.

Afraid we are.

Is this because the staff fears that White is injury prone or because they don't think we have a quarterback on the roster who we can win more than 8 games with?

Enough games

10-4

I don't even want to say what I think about that.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To continue and say SW is injury prone is foolish. He got hurt and was rushed back before healed due to JJ's inexplicable implosion. He was thrust back during the UGA game and that prolonged it. That isn't injury prone. That means he got hurt...once. Injury prone indicates the propensity to get injured easily. This, as of now, just is not the case. To me, Queen and Lawson would fall under that phrase much more than White. Now, If SW gets hurt again, he might fall into that category as well.

He had 2 separate injuries (2 injuries is what the above have had also...he just had them concurrently). I'm not suggesting he is an accident waiting to happen, but he's already had to miss games due to injury...therefore he IS prone to injury...but I guess it's good to know your definition of injury prone...

To continue and say SW is injury prone is foolish. He got hurt and was rushed back before healed due to JJ's inexplicable implosion. He was thrust back during the UGA game and that prolonged it. That isn't injury prone. That means he got hurt...once. Injury prone indicates the propensity to get injured easily. This, as of now, just is not the case. To me, Queen and Lawson would fall under that phrase much more than White. Now, If SW gets hurt again, he might fall into that category as well.

He had 2 separate injuries (2 injuries is what the above have had also...he just had them concurrently). I'm not suggesting he is an accident waiting to happen, but he's already had to miss games due to injury...therefore he IS prone to injury...but I guess it's good to know your definition of injury prone...

one injury probably contributed to the other.

Well Sumlin named Knight starter, giving him multitudes of praise. I'm so sick of this coaching staff and inept athletics department, and being last in the SEC west. We MUST BRING CHANGES NOW.

Well Sumlin named Knight starter, giving him multitudes of praise. I'm so sick of this coaching staff and inept athletics department, and being last in the SEC west. We MUST BRING CHANGES NOW.

it don't take much to set you off does it?

Well...twice. He hurt his plant foot the week of Ole Miss practice. Both injuries lingered though because of being rushed as you said. I agree w/ your thesis. Those injuries don't make him injury prone IMO. Heck the 2nd injury could have come from trying to over adjust to the 1st one.

Please stop bring what TAMU or other teams are doing in AU threads. If we wanted to read about those teams we would be reading the Rivals section.

Please stop bring what TAMU or other teams are doing in AU threads. If we wanted to read about those teams we would be reading the Rivals section.

Laughs. Don't you love the drama.

Laughs. Don't you love the drama.

I completely understand went's frustrations but I'm tired of him bring up other teams to try to make him and others feel worse about things.

Until the OL pass blocks better, it won't make that much difference who is throwing the ball.

Neither JJ or SW had much time to throw last season. It wasn't often they had time to get set and go through their progressions.WRs bear some of the blame too.

JF may end up being the best option because he is able to avoid being sacked after protection breaks down and create on the fly.

The OL was not good by any means but was not bad either. There were many times where both JJ & SAean held the ball too long.

the OL took to much flack this last year. There were a couple games where they actually played well but due to play calling and the aforementioned ball holding, it turned in to unnecessary pressure or sacks. I think the OL was better than "not bad". They were slightly better than mid pack in sec IMO ... And absolutely were good enough for a better season than the coaching/QB play allowed

How does what Sumlin says today translate into anything significant this September?

Bump.

Afraid we are.

What this tells me (uninformed opinion). We have JF3 who isn't what we hoped, JJ who can't be trusted until proves otherwise, TQ who is already injured again, a true freshman that won't be here til fall and SW who is also injury prone. That leaves us at SW starting and if injured...no viable backup outside of a freshman hopeful. SW MAY be a viable starter for a whole season but hasn't proven he can handle a whole season yet. Get him hurt or in a funk in a season where Gus will get fired if he doesn't produce and without any viable backups....that's a very desperate situation.

It's only spring.

Bump.

Afraid we are.

Is this because the staff fears that White is injury prone or because they don't think we have a quarterback on the roster who we can win more than 8 games with?

Enough games

In your opinion, how many is enough games?

wde

From asking the same question most here will take 7 and be happy.

Well fortunately, with how salty Auburn's defense is projected to be, the offense will not have to carry the burden of winning games for us. In two thirds of the triad-offense, defense and special teams-Auburn will better than most of the opponents in defense and special teams. A completed pass or two to keep the defense honest and let Robinson do the rest on offense.

I'd be real cautious with the high expectations of the D. I do think the D can be good but I'm going to wait till Clemson and see what happens.

Why do you love Sumlin, who has had three 5* QB's quit his team? Unlike Gus, Sumlin is on the hot seat and will probably be gone after this season.

Too many changes is what got us into this fix in the first place. We don't need no stinkin' changes!

Why do you love Sumlin, who has had three 5* QB's quit his team? Unlike Gus, Sumlin is on the hot seat and will probably be gone after this season.

Too many changes is what got us into this fix in the first place. We don't need no stinkin' changes!

Lol. This terrible staff beat the savior Sumlin by 16 points last year...and our QB only had to throw for 132 yards to make that happen. Yeah...we should be more like aTm lmao. Maybe the changes now should include giving went a time out like a4e gets when he starts spouting this same nonsense :dunno:

Bump.

Afraid we are.

What this tells me (uninformed opinion). We have JF3 who isn't what we hoped, JJ who can't be trusted until proves otherwise, TQ who is already injured again, a true freshman that won't be here til fall and SW who is also injury prone. That leaves us at SW starting and if injured...no viable backup outside of a freshman hopeful. SW MAY be a viable starter for a whole season but hasn't proven he can handle a whole season yet. Get him hurt or in a funk in a season where Gus will get fired if he doesn't produce and without any viable backups....that's a very desperate situation.

It's only spring.

I'm well aware. I never said I was desperate for a better situation at QB, just laying out why the coaches may be.

it don't take much to set you off does it?

lol now I need to clean my computer screen.

Desperate or not, I personally don't think AU should pursue a QB tagged with domestic violence charges. :dunno:

I don't think AU should pursue the JSU QB period and was called "deep down stupid" by some genius in here for posting that opinion. An opinion, BTW, I can substantiate with any number of good reasons. A one and done QB @ Auburn. is not an answer to the problems we've had at that position. Yes Cam worked put pretty well but if I know anything, I know that guy isn't Cam Newton. He's pretty good but his performance against Montana St, IMO, gave a glimpse of what could reasonably be expected from him in SEC play. I've never been a believer and still am not...pass!

Desperate or not, I personally don't think AU should pursue a QB tagged with domestic violence charges. :dunno:/>

It's still illegal according to the article that I posted on the Jeffery Simmons thread in the rivals section.. So how is it possible that we are even entertaining the thought?

Desperate or not, I personally don't think AU should pursue a QB tagged with domestic violence charges. :dunno:/>

I don't think AU should pursue the JSU QB period and was called "deep down stupid" by some genius in here for posting that opinion. An opinion, BTW, I can substantiate with any number of good reasons. A one and done QB @ Auburn. is not an answer to the problems we've had at that position. Yes Cam worked put pretty well but if I know anything, I know that guy isn't Cam Newton. He's pretty good but his performance against Montana St, IMO, gave a glimpse of what could reasonably be expected from him in SEC play. I've never been a believer and still am not...pass!

Amen and Amen

Bump.

Afraid we are.

Enough games

In your opinion, how many is enough games?

wde

From asking the same question most here will take 7 and be happy.

The opinions on that from people here don't matter though.

concerning the jax state qb i believe the charges were dismissed or something to that affect? seems like folks said it was not what it seemed. not going to research it but just wanted to put that out there.

concerning the jax state qb i believe the charges were dismissed or something to that affect? seems like folks said it was not what it seemed. not going to research it but just wanted to put that out there.

That's usually how it goes in abusive relationships. Girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse gets hurt, calls cops. The abused later recants b/c they are either fearful or they still "love" the person.

Archived