Jax State QB

tmjiv

concerning the jax state qb i believe the charges were dismissed or something to that affect? seems like folks said it was not what it seemed. not going to research it but just wanted to put that out there.

That's usually how it goes in abusive relationships. Girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse gets hurt, calls cops. The abused later recants b/c they are either fearful or they still "love" the person.

Yep but we'd be jumping to conclusions if we assumed that's what happened.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

concerning the jax state qb i believe the charges were dismissed or something to that affect? seems like folks said it was not what it seemed. not going to research it but just wanted to put that out there.

That's usually how it goes in abusive relationships. Girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse gets hurt, calls cops. The abused later recants b/c they are either fearful or they still "love" the person.

Yep but we'd be jumping to conclusions if we assumed that's what happened.

No worries. No poster here has ever jumped to a conclusion .......

The latest that I could find regarding the domestic violence stuff:

(STATS) -- FCS All-America quarterback Eli Jenkins of Jacksonville State could have a domestic violence charge dismissed if he complies with measures set forth by an Alabama judge Tuesday.

Jenkins, 21, entered a not guilty plea before Judge Joseph M. Maloney in Jacksonville Municipal Court for his Jan. 20 arrest following an argument with a 22-year-old woman. He is charged with a Class-A misdemeanor offense.

The Anniston Star reported Maloney put Jenkins' case on hold under the conditions that he remain in school or work full-time, maintain documented counseling with or separate from the victim and avoid further trouble.

Jenkins is scheduled to reappear in court June 7, at which time Maloney will determine whether to dismiss the case or send it to trial.

As a junior last season, Jenkins helped Jacksonville State to a 13-2 record, a second straight Ohio Valley Conference title and a national runner-up finish to North Dakota State. He captured the OVC's offensive player of the year award and finished sixth in voting for the STATS FCS Offensive Player of the Year.

Six days after Jenkins' arrest, Jacksonville State officials said an internal investigation indicated he did not violate the university's code of conduct.

The Gamecocks were scheduled to begin spring practices Wednesday. Jenkins will not participate in them after having surgery last month for a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder. He suffered the injury in August and played through it last season.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14883851/charge-eli-jenkins-jacksonville-state-gamecocks-dismissed

Tough call. It was a third degree charge, he didn't resist arrest, he was sober, he's been described here by a smart dude who knows him as a pretty good guy... but if he hits girls... then that's bad.

Regarding his play on the field, he is light years better than anything Auburn had on the field in 2015 (and I'm pretty high on Sean White). LOL at the dismissive reviews of his performance.

Where is Malcom Flex? Perhaps he could provide some insight into the situation?

Probably busy making sure he's finishing strong in his classes. Just over 2 weeks until finals at AU.

Where is Malcom Flex? Perhaps he could provide some insight into the situation?

Last time I saw him on here he was saying that he would be very surprised if Jenkins wanted to come to Auburn.

Bump.

WDE, are you saying we are after the Jax State QB?

Auburn isn't that desperate.

Afraid we are.

What this tells me (uninformed opinion). We have JF3 who isn't what we hoped, JJ who can't be trusted until proves otherwise, TQ who is already injured again, a true freshman that won't be here til fall and SW who is also injury prone. That leaves us at SW starting and if injured...no viable backup outside of a freshman hopeful. SW MAY be a viable starter for a whole season but hasn't proven he can handle a whole season yet. Get him hurt or in a funk in a season where Gus will get fired if he doesn't produce and without any viable backups....that's a very desperate situation.

It's only spring.

I'm well aware. I never said I was desperate for a better situation at QB, just laying out why the coaches may be.

He was being sarcastic. A lotr of his posts lately have been saturated in sarcasm.

Desperate or not, I personally don't think AU should pursue a QB tagged with domestic violence charges. :dunno:/>

It's still illegal according to the article that I posted on the Jeffery Simmons thread in the rivals section.. So how is it possible that we are even entertaining the thought?

Because if the charges are dropped then he could transfer.

Desperate or not, I personally don't think AU should pursue a QB tagged with domestic violence charges. :dunno:/>

It's still illegal according to the article that I posted on the Jeffery Simmons thread in the rivals section.. So how is it possible that we are even entertaining the thought?

Because if the charges are dropped then he could transfer.

Well that makes sense.

Bump.

WDE, are you saying we are after the Jax State QB?

Auburn isn't that desperate.

Afraid we are.

What this tells me (uninformed opinion). We have JF3 who isn't what we hoped, JJ who can't be trusted until proves otherwise, TQ who is already injured again, a true freshman that won't be here til fall and SW who is also injury prone. That leaves us at SW starting and if injured...no viable backup outside of a freshman hopeful. SW MAY be a viable starter for a whole season but hasn't proven he can handle a whole season yet. Get him hurt or in a funk in a season where Gus will get fired if he doesn't produce and without any viable backups....that's a very desperate situation.

It's only spring.

I'm well aware. I never said I was desperate for a better situation at QB, just laying out why the coaches may be.

He was being sarcastic. A lotr of his posts lately have been saturated in sarcasm.

Well I guess it's not spring anymore. Can I be concerned now or wait till the start of fall ball?

If Gus does bring in Jenkins I do believe Gus's days as AU's coach are numbered BTW. Just passing on what I heard. I'd live or die with White and Woody if I were in charge. AU will get nuked on the recruiting trail bringing in Jenkins. Hell AU is being hammered right now and the recruits are listening.

^If you're talking about ethically, Mississippi State just let off a guy for domestic violence. If we can't bring in Webb or Jenkins, Gus's days are numbered regardless, and it will be his fault. Sadly, I fear the only way to get rid of JJ is to stop buying tickets. Is that a measure fans are willing to take? Doubtful (and I understand why).

If Gus does bring in Jenkins I do believe Gus's days as AU's coach are numbered BTW. Just passing on what I heard. I'd live or die with White and Woody if I were in charge. AU will get nuked on the recruiting trail bringing in Jenkins. Hell AU is being hammered right now and the recruits are listening.

Is this recruit hammering 1) that he recruits QBs who are then bypassed by juco recruits or 2) Gus can't coach QBs? (Or even a combo?)

I don't think Gus has had enough opportunities for us to make an educated decision on his quarterback coaching ability. I do think that after this year he will, however, be able to be judged. Hopefully he doesn't ruin his chance.

You obviously have constant contact with someone on the coaching staff WDEWDE. It seems that they have unlimited access to the team, practices, players, coaches, etc., and they are intimate enough to know the pulse of AU recruits and have knowledge of how these recruits feel about rumors of AU courting Jenkins. The stuff you hear and what you are told by this insider paints a bleak picture for the immediate future of Auburn football. :banghead:

So, are you of the opinion that Woody can at some point in the fall compete for the starting job? Or, are you in the "no way he will be in the mix" camp?

Is this what you and Golf were alluding to in earlier posts?

I gotta say how disappointed I am by the looks of things. I've been pretty passive on the board, especially because I live so far away and real news doesn't come out of spring training.

Two ways to see it.

1. We had a truly bad season, but it's just one season with horrible QB play. Can happen to anybody.

2. We have all these QBs on the roster, but apparently no one who can play at even a minimal level. We recruit studs, but we don't develop them.

Right now, the combination of (a) a serious decline in our performance against good teams and (B) no spark on offense in the spring have me very, very worried.

The more we go after "hired guns" the more we lose integrity. It's one thing to go out and get a JUCO during the normal recruiting cycle and even have a grad transfer come in just after signing day but to court a kid this late in the game sends a VERY BAD message to the team and our current recruits.

Coach these guys up and prove your worth...or put your house on the market and let's go get a hungry, tactical group of coaches.

The more we go after "hired guns" the more we lose integrity. It's one thing to go out and get a JUCO during the normal recruiting cycle and even have a grad transfer come in just after signing day but to court a kid this late in the game sends a VERY BAD message to the team and our current recruits.

Coach these guys up and prove your worth...or put your house on the market and let's go get a hungry, tactical group of coaches.

I've got to agree with you emt. Going after a kid that's coming off surgery AND has recently had questionable character issues (DV charges that "may" be dropped) sends a bad message to #1 our QBs that are working their asses off and #2 to any current QB AU is trying to recruit.

The irony of this whole conversation is that it's the second time that this kid has come up as a target, which didn't materialize the first time, and the ONLY people talking about him are either on this board or quoting this board. Heck, the kid hasn't even said that he wants to transfer, and the one person who actually knows him, who posts here, said he didn't see it happening.

The only possible transfer candidate being discussed, nationally, is Webb. So, why is everyone speculating that the sky is falling over a player that there has been no actual news about?

Totally agree except with the Woody B. part. Just can't see him being ready but hell who knows. He has been working his ass off since football season has been over.

The irony of this whole conversation is that it's the second time that this kid has come up as a target, which didn't materialize the first time, and the ONLY people talking about him are either on this board or quoting this board. Heck, the kid hasn't even said that he wants to transfer, and the one person who actually knows him, who posts here, said he didn't see it happening.

The only possible transfer candidate being discussed, nationally, is Webb. So, why is everyone speculating that the sky is falling over a player that there has been no actual news about?

I blew it off that Auburn wasn't that desperate. And the board insiders assured me that yes Auburn is desperate enough to pursue the JaxSt Qb coming off surgery with pending DV charges. And if it weren't for the domestic violence charges AU would be putting the full court press on the guy. There was a mention that Gus' days are numbered and recruiting is getting hammered because the JaxSt QB rumors.

I don't know about you, but when WDEWDE, ellitor, and augolf1716 make a statement, I listen up and take notice.

Hell, look at the post directly above this one. :dunno:

Totally agree except with the Woody B. part. Just can't see him being ready but hell who knows. He has been working his ass off since football season has been over.

To me its a question of how quickly he can adjust to the pace of the game and to what Gus and Rhett expect out of him in terms of the playbook, execution, etc. There aren't many true freshman that could come in and start against Clemson, but if he shows enough promise early, then maybe he can get into the mix after that game. Obviously, you know what is going on with him better than most. To me, he looks like someone who physically could handle the job from day one.

^If you're talking about ethically, Mississippi State just let off a guy for domestic violence. If we can't bring in Webb or Jenkins, Gus's days are numbered regardless, and it will be his fault. Sadly, I fear the only way to get rid of JJ is to stop buying tickets. Is that a measure fans are willing to take? Doubtful (and I understand why).

Nonsense. Why don't you go become a fan of UAT so you can hate on them?

Archived