Sean White named starting QB

WarTiger

Just now, bigbird said:

That's not what the article is saying.

Here is the quote.

The average SEC enrollee added 0.07 seconds to his 40 time while in college

That indicates they got slower.  Not faster. The point of the article was to call out HS for giving bad 40 times.

That still doesn't bode well for your argument. Hell, they need to call out Auburn every year for  handing out sub 4.3s in the spring. If we have aplayer getting a 4.18 in the spring, and SW only got a 4.6, then I'm willing to bet SW is still hovering around 5. 

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

That still doesn't bode well for your argument. Hell, they need to call out Auburn every year for  handing out sub 4.3s in the spring. If we have aplayer getting a 4.18 in the spring, and SW only got a 4.6, then I'm willing to bet SW is still hovering around 5. 

The article is satire. Use some common sense. They obviously are not saying HS players slow down or maintain through college therefore they must be getting faster. 

As both Flex and I have said, there is a limit to speed, but players do not come close to that limit in HS. That's why they are pushed through strength and conditioning. It to increase their speed and try and get as close as possible to that limit.

Is our fan base as polarized on other topics as we are on QB style and offensive scheme? Goodness. The season is close, but it still couldn't get here soon enough. 

15 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Is our fan base as polarized on other topics as we are on QB style and offensive scheme? Goodness. The season is close, but it still couldn't get here soon enough. 

I dont think any other team has experience the highs and lows that Auburn has.    Sadly some people can only attribute it to the QB position  instead of looking at the whole picture. 

16 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Sorry but you are likely to hear from the same folks...with same views ..and usually there are even more on game days.

Just now, auskip07 said:

I dont think any other team has experience the highs and lows that Auburn has.    Sadly some people can only attribute it to the QB position  instead of looking at the whole picture. 

Yeah, our needle has swung widely each way for several years, probably more than most. Lows, highs and in between. Nothing has changed for this year in that regard.  It's a roller coaster ride for sure, but we keep getting back on for the next one.  

1 minute ago, johnnyAU said:

Yeah, our needle has swung widely each way for several years, probably more than most. Lows, highs and in between. Nothing has changed for this year in that regard.  It's a roller coaster ride for sure, but we keep getting back on for the next one.  

Its really amazing.  no matter who is returning, what coach we have (since tubberville)  we seem to always reach highs and lows.      Tubberville was to auburn  what Mark Richt was to Georgia. 

Same arguments, different threads. Very disappointing. 

I didn't care who won the job. The Coaches were going to pick the best guy regardless of how inaccurate hand-timed forties can be. Time to get behind Sean, and hope the team does the same. 

Lol at the self righteous group....anyway I'm happy, like hearing the don't back down comment, I like my qb's to be arrogant and cocky. Ready to see the state of the program. Ready to see if he can be great or not. No excuses, but I'm not looking forward to the it's everybody's fault but his if we aren't good though. And no matter how good or bad he plays he shouldn't get pulled from the game for mistakes. We ruined one qb like that....And if we use 3 qb's trying to please them all, we're heading for rough times

11 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

I think most of it is because we haven't had much of a defense to rely on in years, so having a Heisman at QB has been a must. I think those times and philosophies are changing. 

2 minutes ago, AUTIGERinSC said:

I think most of it is because we haven't had much of a defense to rely on in years, so having a Heisman at QB has been a must. I think those times and philosophies are changing. 

They need to.  We cant bank on having a Heisman caliber QB/ATH every year. 

Couple of things.......

If White gets hurt I'm told JJ will take his place.

White isn't slow. 85% of the DE's in the SEC won't be able to catch him if he gets past the line. 

JF3 will have some packages during the Clemson game. 

Kam Martin will be a God send this year helping take the pressure off White. 

White was by far the best QB AU has. And the team will play for White. 

The rumor about White yesterday was false. 

I'm happy for Sean and am behind him 100%

Now..... OL, RB, WR, TE, HB, COACHES.... DO YOUR JOBS!!!

If that happens, we should ALL be very happy!

War Eagle!!

13 minutes ago, AuburnSoldier said:

Same arguments, different threads. Very disappointing. 

I didn't care who won the job. The Coaches were going to pick the best guy regardless of how inaccurate hand-timed forties can be. Time to get behind Sean, and hope the team does the same. 

Told they have. 

You were the main guy in them though.....yes this is a forum, there is going to be a difference of opinion. It's no big deal. It's sad when you try to down or talk as if you're better than people when you are the same though. 

You didn't say this speech when people were downing jj and jf3. You talked about their weaknesses and joined in. It's ok if people doubt sw, he hasn't been able to show enough to erase all doubt. Now he has the platform. Trust me nobody will have bad to say about him if he is good. Hell the club attacked you for saying bad when he was average. I'm sure people would get ran off if they downed him and he played great

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

You were the main guy in them though.....yes this is a forum, there is going to be a difference of opinion. It's no big deal. It's sad when you try to down or talk as if you're better than people when you are the same though. 

You didn't say this speech when people were downing jj and jf3. You talked about their weaknesses and joined in. It's ok if people doubt sw, he hasn't been able to show enough to erase all doubt. Now he has the platform. Trust me nobody will have bad to say about him if he is good. Hell the club attacked you for saying bad when he was average. I'm sure people would get ran off if they downed him and he played great

You talking to yourself? 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Couple of things.......

If White gets hurt I'm told JJ will take his place.

White isn't slow. 85% of the DE's in the SEC won't be able to catch him if he gets past the line. 

JF3 will have some packages during the Clemson game. 

Kam Martin will be a God send this year helping take the pressure off White. 

White was by far the best QB AU has. And the team will play for White. 

The rumor about White yesterday was false. 

You're crazy about the 85% thing. But thanks for the other stuff

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

You talking to yourself? 

When it's actually talking football and not the drama I'm usually am

8 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Told they have. 

One thing that has really impressed me this offseason is that it really seems like we have strong team unity.   That is a very encouraging sign as we start the season.

IF the offense starts clicking early, WATCH OUT!  This team could become very dangerous!

This wouldn't be the time a team split. Of course everybody is behind everybody now. You see the character of a team when adversity hit. Only way they wouldn't have gotten behind any qb is if they had started losing and they felt like another guy would have won the games they had lost

Sean was a freshman last year, thrown into a fire and I thought he did as good as could be expected.  I'm looking forward to see how a year under his belt translates.  I think he's going to do a great job.

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

Now we're self righteous too? Funny stuff. Not in the least. Just tired of the constant bickering. It's gotten beyond old. 

Should have been tired of it long before now. It's been going since January.

Archived