Tre threat transferring

Auhud08

Does this affect recruiting numbers this year?

6 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

Couldn't a grad transfers take that scholly ? 

No. Grad transfers count against the 25 limit. The scholarship could go to a walk-on, if under the 85 limit this summer.  

Edit- Hypothetical, if Auburn did not plan on signing 25 could conceivably open an spot for an additional signee.

33 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

The scholarship could go to a walk-on, if under the 85 limit this summer.  

So is this going to be the new loop-hole? Walk-on with a silent guaranteed scholarship?

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

So is this going to be the new loop-hole? Walk-on with a silent guaranteed scholarship?

Believe walk-ons have to be in the program two years before being eligible for a scholarship. If I am wrong, someone will correct me.

7 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Believe walk-ons have to be in the program two years before being eligible for a scholarship. If I am wrong, someone will correct me.

More likely I'm wrong. I only have a surface level knowledge of the ins and outs of recruiting.

This has no effect on the 25 annual limit. If we were bumping up against the 85 overall limit it would help there. So, for all practical purposes this has no effect on recruiting limits this year.

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This has no effect on the 25 annual limit. If we were bumping up against the 85 overall limit it would help there. So, for all practical purposes this has no effect on recruiting limits this year.

Unfortunate but correct. Just means we have to hit home runs with the LB 'cruits we have and will get in the future.

18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This. It could allow an additional early enrollee. Sometimes there a team is far enough below the 85 limit to allow every scholarship recruit who would like to to enroll early.

Also, most coaches always have a few walk-ons they want to give scholarships to. Some attrition is normal, even necessary to allow awarding 25 scholarships a year given the 85 limit and redshirts.

5 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

He was never gonna start as a LB at Auburn. Good decision on his part 

I read on another site that he had been playing as a fullback this year but didn't get any playing time.  His only playing time was 2016 against Ala A&M as an LB. Don't know if that is accurate but that's what I read.

Look like he would have waited until after the bowl game and picked up all his bling. Or, maybe he is still with the team until Jan. 2nd?

We saw the "from".....but no hints about the "to"  .  He's not on the roster now so looks like he might start school somewhere else come January.

He could make an impact at a place like Jax State.....we seem to have a good exchange program with them these days...   

Archived