Men vs Xavier

tgrogan21

Just now, Tiger said:

Let's overwhelm them in the 2nd. Our shot is starting to drop. Sup with Samir? 

We look like we need to calm down a touch. Uncharacteristic turnovers etc

Yeah some guys seemed hesitant on offense.  Okeke had a bunch of opportunities inside and out and passed it up. 

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

we better not think we're there yet

not even close to being there.....our offense is ragged....MOVE  THE DAMNED BALL and stop jacking up 3's 5 seconds into the shot clock....lights may be too bright for us

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I'm sure he does that when needed but i see him giving a speech that's more encouraging and telling the guys that we're good and just to calm down and play our game. If anything i think he'll get on to them a little about our defense and fouling. We're a vet team so that's not really needed at this point. Keep them hyped up and finish out the game. We're up and didn't play well at all. I'm not chewing my guys out...I'm just telling them...c'mon guys..we played bad and up! lol. Play our game! RELAX. lol

JMO but need a little more team play......most of those drives inside by Harper and Brown never had a chance....

Just now, AU64 said:

JMO but need a little more team play......most of those drives inside by Harper and Brown never had a chance....

Agree 100%. Especially when we're not hitting our 3s consistently. Said this since last year. We look lost on offense when the 3s are not hitting consistently. We have to learn how to go to our plan B and C and not panic under pressure.

This game is a perfect example of what I was saying we'd miss Herron. Intangible things like being hesitant in big games, rebounding, leadership, somebody calling other guys out. I'm actually glad it's happening now so we can be ready at the end of the year

4 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

not even close to being there.....our offense is ragged....MOVE  THE DAMNED BALL and stop jacking up 3's 5 seconds into the shot clock....lights may be too bright for us

This is what we do. I'm not saying you can't disagree with it, but this is what they've won three games doing well

Even missing shots the pace was kind of like how we like it.  So shoot a little better, get a little better on the half court offense and we cruise but have to play well.  Get to the FT line.  

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

This game is a perfect example of what I was saying we'd miss Herron. Intangible things like being hesitant in big games, rebounding, leadership, somebody calling other guys out. I'm actually glad it's happening now so we can be ready at the end of the year

Murray was key at rebounding and putbacks as well. He rebounded very well for his size. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Dunbar is not as talented but can bring some of those to the team.  

This is my last one because I can comment during football but basketball I'm an different animal. I get frustrated way too easy with dumb mistakes but Harper must be smart with the ball. Wasting plays like that 3 the possession before last, he's a vet. Should be past that. He needs to grab this team right now. Right now would be a great time for him to step up and everybody would remember this and follow him

I get it when the guards try to make a play at the beginning of the shot clock, but when it's not there, pull  back out and run the O.  Right now, when it's not there, they take too long to figure it out, then everyone stands around and the guard forces something ugly.

I was super hard on my little cousin. He's not perfect but if he doesn't do anything else he is cool and calm at the end of games and he knows how to finish. Hopefully our coaching staff has been tough over the summer for the clutch moments

Oh yeah. Brown has to be better in keeping their PG out the paint. If we nullified that, that would throw their entire game off and I promise they would be lost

Archived