Joey Gatewood (Update 10/30: Leaves the team)

Zeek

Gus has proven over and over again what we will get with him.   There isn’t any number of chances or seasons that will change that reality.   We have to make a change!  And we need to make JJ and the ex-Prez pay his ridiculous buyout!

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Gus has proven over and over again what we will get with him.   There isn’t any number of chances or seasons that will change that reality.   We have to make a change!  And we need to make JJ and the ex-Prez pay his ridiculous buyout!

"You ain't getting a dime from me brother".  - Jay Jacobs (again! lol) probaly

3 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

If only we could ...

35 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Trading an Ole Miss loss for the health of the program’s future wouldn’t be horrendous. It’s a Thanos type decision. Hell we lost to Moo State last year and they ran two plays.

IMG_2050.GIF

I am melting a bit today.  I have zero confidence Bo will ever be an average passer.  He was average against equal talent in HS.  To not recognize obvious deficiencies in QBs during multiple recruiting cycles is on Gus.  Not saying Joey was the guy, but Gus not recognizing we have no QB in year 7 is infuriating.  

1 minute ago, imaolgatiger said:

Joey quit, so good luck, Joey! I prefer we go 10-2 and beat THUGA and bammer.

The sky is still up there. I’m disappointed but this is getting ridiculous 

51 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Gatewood leaving team = bad coaching job by Malzahn? 'Kay

I have it figured out. Canuck = Canadian = traditional position of neutrality. 'Kay.

(Or am I getting into politics...?)

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Neither are necessarily being given the best opportunity to succeed. This is a HC failing. Period.

Yep, many of us were worried something like this would happen...and it happened even sooner than we predicted. Sonnofa...

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

Gatewood leaving team = bad coaching job by Malzahn? 'Kay

Not giving a Joey a chance to play when Bo is playing poorly is most certainly Poor coaching by Gus.

1 hour ago, api1957 said:

sigh...

Image result for auburn whirlybird gif

should have given the ball to the player at the top of the screen! Maybe he could have gotten 3 yards!  What would have been funny would have been if that play had actually worked!  We will never know folks. We do not have enough QBs on staff to run this again!

Also even if Gus was open to adjusting his philosophy to his talent Particularly OL talent in this case I’m not even sure he would have the first clue on how to become a pass first To set up the run offense given his passing schemes alone are very simplistic.

22 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

I am melting a bit today.  I have zero confidence Bo will ever be an average passer.  He was average against equal talent in HS.  To not recognize obvious deficiencies in QBs during multiple recruiting cycles is on Gus.  Not saying Joey was the guy, but Gus not recognizing we have no QB in year 7 is infuriating.  

I bet the 7 teams in the top 10 that offered him saw all of these deficiencies in his HS film. Saban, Dabo, Mullins, Stoops/Riley, Myers/Day, Orgeron, and Smart must have thought he was pretty good as well. 

The problem isn't recognizing talent. It is utilizing the talent. 

2 minutes ago, RHN1975 said:

I bet the 7 teams in the top 10 that offered him saw all of these deficiencies in his HS film. Saban, Dabo, Mullins, Stoops/Riley, Myers/Day, Orgeron, and Smart must have thought he was pretty good as well. 

And developing it, which has been a thorn in the side if this coaching staff for almost 7 years. 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Trading an Ole Miss loss for the health of the program’s future wouldn’t be horrendous. It’s a Thanos type decision. Hell we lost to Moo State last year and they ran two plays.

You won’t be at an Ole Miss wedding while the game is on.

14 minutes ago, RHN1975 said:

I beg to differ, he evaluated that oline and rumor has it he wouldn't even let his own oline coach take lead on which recruits he wanted.  Talent evaluation is subjective at the HS level, it's how you mold, train, and develop that talent once you get them on campus and then how you utilize the product you've built.

Gus is middling in these areas, therefore the results in the W-L column are middling as well.  AU's paying too much for a middler.

1 hour ago, keesler said:

I'm jumping in the middle of a thread - I had to actually WORK and couldn't keep up in here.

Can you take a minute and research a little on all of Kirby & Nick's transfer QB's, did any of them leave mid-season and did any of them have a QB in front of them that was producing at about the same rate and consistency that Bo Nix is currently producing?  

I’m not copping out but if you can remind me on Friday I can try.  It is hard to do it on my phone and I will be absolutely slammed at work tomorrow.  This will most likely the the most busy/profitable fourth quarter for my practice to date so I can scrambling to get everything done.  A lot of clients always wait until the last minute to get their gifting done days before the 2019 deadline unfortunately.

To the greater thread, I would also like to clarify something because I have seen a few mentions that the Gus supporters are turning a blind eye or can’t comprehend what is going on.  We do see what is happening, or at least I am.  Please don’t make assumptions, just simply ask for my reasoning instead of just facepalming what I say.  Some of you do that, and thank you for doing so.  I think those that have seen me post I go by the mantra of quality over quantity in posting.  I try to think every post out, even down to how I form my sentences.  Not everything is correct in what I say, but I do try to do that.

The biggest reason why I support Malzahn is because is our head coach and our players stand behind him along with their parents.  I actually know a few players families personally and as long as they support him I do.  I did the same with Tuberville and Chizik.  I have done the same with Pearl during the investigation.  If Gus is let go I will fully be behind the next guy.  It is as simple as that.  I support who our players support.

Archived