* Official Auburn vs. South Carolina Game Thread *

abw0004

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Wish we’d see shivers too 😔

Did he make the trip? Feels like he is still hurt.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, wcware said:

Obviously our most consistent weapon on offense is Tank. Why did we stop feeding him?

He's averaging like 6 yards per carry. Not sure why we're trying to be a borderline air raid team.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

We don't have that luxury. Our backup QB situation is one of the worst in the country. We would just be giving the defense a easy drive.

I could sacrifice a drive it wins us the game and resets Bo mentally.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Please no more DJ williams  full drives. The offense just feels flat when he is out there. More tank!!!! Tank! Tank! Tank!! It feels something the offense is less potent when tank isn't out there.

I like DJ but he has to understand how to be patient and follow his blocks . You can’t just outrun the defense every play. He is young I think he will learn. Tank shows good patience 

Just now, wcware said:

Obviously our most consistent weapon on offense is Tank. Why did we stop feeding him?

Because we have an offensive genius as our HC. You clearly know nothing about football or else you wouldn’t let logic cloud your thinking

Just now, Zeek said:

He's averaging like 6 yards per carry. Not sure why we're trying to be a borderline air raid team.

This. Instead of using tank and the short to intermediate passing game, we went full Mike leach

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Well this is just objectively false

Boy aren’t you a barrel of fun. Every statement is not meant to be taken literally. Geesh

Just now, Zeek said:

I like throwing the ball as much as anyone, but felt like we didn't run Tank near enough. He is the best back we have had in a while.

Just now, AuMarine said:

Just wondering if we a screen to our rb on the play calling sheet? 

We run screens more than anyone in the conference according to the stats. You think there would be one in there somewhere lol

3 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Seth isn't playing soft, but alligator arms Schwartz is.

Schwartz has been the worst player on the field on offense for us. He has had some massive drops.

And once again, we struggle getting out of our own way. Bo likely to lose us one today if he doesn’t improve in the 2nd half on the happy feet picks.

4 minutes ago, ColtonSpain said:

Typical Gus Malzahn fashion to have a RB go for 250 all purpose yards one week and then you basically bench him the next week lol Tank has been non existent other than a couple carries he took for good gains.

Win or loose this game, 1st half looked like the best half Auburn has played all year.  Bo made 1 costly mistake.  The other was on seth.  Play calling has been solid.  Auburn looks like a better team 1st half.  Defense is vulnerable at times.  Hopefully Gus addresses those issues and keeps feeding Tank the ball. 

8 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

I miss Barrett Trotter

Don’t put that evil on us...

2 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Yes, it’s on the same sheet our passes to the tight end are on.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I agree that he focuses on Seth too much.  Been saying that since last year.  But there are also many times when literally no one is open.  That second interception is a prime example.  Four receivers out on routes and not a single one was remotely open.

Go back and look about four  yards to the left of Seth and you will see a wide open Swartz and he was open while Bo was running right towards him but Bo was fixed on Seth .

2 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

I like throwing the ball as much as anyone, but felt like we didn't run Tank near enough. He is the best back we have had in a while.

7 carries in the first half is kind of low. It's a big reason we keep ending up in 3rd and Long (not to mention some bad drops on quick passes).

4 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Gus is saving it for Bama. 

Just now, Zeek said:

7 carries in the first half is kind of low. It's a big reason we keep ending up in 3rd and Long (not to mention some bad drops on quick passes).

I initially thought we were throwing a lot to open up the run more. Obviously not.

1 minute ago, Amwest20 said:

Win or loose this game, 1st half looked like the best half Auburn has played all year.  Bo made 1 costly mistake.  The other was on seth.  Play calling has been solid.  Auburn looks like a better team 1st half.  Defense is vulnerable at times.  Hopefully Gus addresses those issues and keeps feeding Tank the ball. 

This is what I see as well.  It feels like a game where we should be up 14-17 right now.  But we look much better overall and I'm actually loving the play calling for the most part on offense.   Defense is playing downhill.  It's not all bad today.

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

Yes, it’s on the same sheet our passes to the tight end are on.

What sheet is the passes to the other team on. Can we not go back to that sheet.

Archived