Players You Expect to Blossom

kennypowers

Offense:

- Bo Nix and the wide receivers. Better passing routes= more people open.

-JJ Pegues. He’s such a freak. I’d we are truly going multiple as Harsin’s offenses have been in the past, they’ll find unique ways to use them. 

Defense:

-TD Moultry: light never clicked on for him in Steele’s defense. If he’s moving back to LB, I think it will. 

- Wooden: just a hunch. 

Dre Butler and Zykevious on the D. They are strong and able to push a pocket. Frazier and Pegues on the O. Matchup nightmares in the right system. And Shenker. Does everything well and is consistent. 

Would it benefit Pegues, or would it even be possible, to lose enough body fat to be a true Fullback?  Is a true fullback even used in Harsin's system?  Kid is an athlete, and I expect that to be a very interesting move as to how Harsin uses him.

I hope it is Nix. It would make us instantly better if the light somehow came on and he could see the field and step up in the pocket. 
I happened for J. Campbell with a new OC. 

3 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I hope it is Nix. It would make us instantly better if the light somehow came on and he could see the field and step up in the pocket. 

That would be great. I do think JC was already a more polished QB than Bo though. Of course that does not mean the light won’t click with a new OC/QB coach. Bobo has coached some great college QB’s at UGA. If Bo improves by 20%, then he will be a totally different QB in 21. Of course the O line must improve as well, but he was bailing the pocket after one unopened progression instead of stepping up to buy another second or two. Not sure how easily that can be corrected. He needs a full Spring practice with Bobo though. Just my thoughts. On D, if we are going to run a 3-4, then we will need a big, agile presence in the middle at NT. Do we currently have anyone on the roster to fit that need? 

3 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

That would be great. I do think JC was already a more polished QB than Bo though. Of course that does not mean the light won’t click with a new OC/QB coach. Bobo has coached some great college QB’s at UGA. If Bo improves by 20%, then he will be a totally different QB in 21. Of course the O line must improve as well, but he was bailing the pocket after one unopened progression instead of stepping up to buy another second or two. Not sure how easily that can be corrected. He needs a full Spring practice with Bobo though. Just my thoughts. On D, if we are going to run a 3-4, then we will need a big, agile presence in the middle at NT. Do we currently have anyone on the roster to fit that need? 

Probably the best fit size wise would be Jeremiah Wright. He is 6'5 340 ish. Plenty of size but I do not know if he has the skill or ability to play a true NT

9 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

That would be great. But I honestly don't see it happening. I don't think Bo takes coaching that well, and he still tries to get away with the same things he was able to do in high school when he and a few other elite players were essentially men amongst boys. At the D1 FBS level, he's now a man amongst men. Big, fast men. I doubt Bo Nix is ever going to get rid of the happy feet and step up into the pocket on a consistent basis. I could be wrong. I have been before. I hope I am now. It really would be great to see Bo rise to his potential and become the player we all thought he would be.

8 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

That would be great. But I honestly don't see it happening. I don't think Bo takes coaching that well, and he still tries to get away with the same things he was able to do in high school when he and a few other elite players were essentially men amongst boys. At the D1 FBS level, he's now a man amongst men. Big, fast men. I doubt Bo Nix is ever going to get rid of the happy feet and step up into the pocket on a consistent basis. I could be wrong. I have been before. I hope I am now. It really would be great to see Bo rise to his potential and become the player we all thought he would be.

My only hope is that a lot of folks have been right that Gus not letting his QBs go fully live in practice has exacerbated these types of issues instead of mitigating them, and that a philosophical shift will prove meaningful in that regard. 

On 1/14/2021 at 10:18 AM, kennypowers said:

Would it benefit Pegues, or would it even be possible, to lose enough body fat to be a true Fullback?  Is a true fullback even used in Harsin's system?  Kid is an athlete, and I expect that to be a very interesting move as to how Harsin uses him.

Watch #42, Baltimore Ravens HB, Patrick Ricard tonight. Same size as Pegues, 6’2” 305 range. Pure Beast. He usually trucks guys that are in his way. He used to be a DL but the Ravens wanted him on offense to help punish their opponents. It will be interesting to see how the Ravens scheme plays against the Bills to take advantage of mismatches. 

I just saw something different than most other folks when I watched Pegues this past season. I don't understand why everyone wants him to move positions or change his body type or whatever. Dude was effective with limited opportunities in a dysfunctional offense where nobody but Tank looked exceptional. 

36 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I just saw something different than most other folks when I watched Pegues this past season. I don't understand why everyone wants him to move positions or change his body type or whatever. Dude was effective with limited opportunities in a dysfunctional offense where nobody but Tank looked exceptional. 

There's no benefit of him being 300 vs losing some weight and being ~260.  He'd be faster and still as effective pulling on blocks.

Just now, W.E.D said:

There's no benefit of him being 300 vs losing some weight and being ~260.  He'd be faster and still as effective pulling on blocks.

Eh. I just don't understand the preoccupation with it. And who knows, maybe he's already tried to lose the weight and it just doesn't work. The dude already moves way better than Jay Prosch did. And he can catch. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Eh. I just don't understand the preoccupation with it. And who knows, maybe he's already tried to lose the weight and it just doesn't work. The dude already moves way better than Jay Prosch did. And he can catch. 

He's never had a full offseason in a college program.  If he's dedicated & follows our nutritionist plan, there's no reason he couldn't.  

He's carrying extra weight that isn't beneficial.  He's not an OL.  I'll be interested to see how Hars uses him and the backlog of TEs we have

10 hours ago, McLoofus said:

This...if we just use a TE (like the 7 we have on the roster) like we should; he will be good.  He will probably lose some weight naturally with a full off season workout program.  

Archived