AU Plans for Full Capacity in 2021 Season

toddc

Open for full capacity doesn’t mean that it’s going to be full. I think 70% full at most because there are many people who still won’t take the chance, especially those with small children 

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Number one at 88%

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

On 5/13/2021 at 12:32 PM, AUfan_UAgrad said:

So since, for at the moment, I have chosen not to get vaccinated I should stay at home?   Not saying I will NOT get vaccinated just have decided to wait for more data to come out and for them to be FDA Approved (FDA approved and FDA approved for emergency use are 2 different things).

You shouldn't stay home because you're not vaccinated, others have to choose whether they want to take the risk of sitting an unvaccinated fans or not. It's a simple choice every fan will have to make. 

Sounds like Auburn will sell the full allotment of seats, people can decide if they want to put their butt's in them or not.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 5/13/2021 at 9:20 AM, McLoofus said:

I was fully prepared to take my wife and kids to the Atlanta United game this Saturday. Growns vaxxed, littles both 6 and under. They opened the facility up to *full capacity and McWifey balked. She was still "willing"- which we all know means "had no desire"- to go but didn't want to take the kids. Sold my tickets. I was mad for about 48 hours but am now at peace with it. 

*"Full" in the Benz is normally 55k for United games. They don't sell tickets in the uppermost level. 3-4 times a year they open it up all the way to 70k+. I don't think that's the case this Saturday. Either way, I don't think it matters for the purposes of this conversation as density will more or less be the same during the game.

Hate to hear that fam. Hopefully she gives you the green light soon brodie!

• Love 1

On 5/13/2021 at 7:01 PM, toddc said:

Open for full capacity doesn’t mean that it’s going to be full. I think 70% full at most because there are many people who still won’t take the chance, especially those with small children 

Really?!? Hmmmm 🤔 now I haven't even really thought of it like that. My thought process is everyone is itching and jonesying to get back to a real sports atmosphere and not a extreme diet one like last season was. I personally think it will be the most packed in years because so many people missed going to games last season and it will be sold out at 87k for every game. Even the games that we usually don't sell out. You could be on to something because I'm just basing it on my rotation of Auburn family and friends I talk to regularly. I didn't take in to account there could be a decent amount of people still a little gun shy even if they are fully vaccinated.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Really?!? Hmmmm 🤔 now I haven't even really thought of it like that. My thought process is everyone is itching and jonesying to get back to a real sports atmosphere and not a extreme diet one like last season was. I personally think it will be the most packed in years because so many people missed going to games last season and it will be sold out at 87k for every game. Even the games that we usually don't sell out. You could be on to something because I'm just basing it on my rotation of Auburn family and friends I talk to regularly. I didn't take in to account there could be a decent amount of people still a little gun shy even if they are fully vaccinated.

You might be right and I hope you are.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

And don't forget to add, there will be a portion of ticket holders who either have enjoyed watching it from their home, or are still disgruntled at the state of Auburn football, and simply will not get season tickets or buy available tickets. 

Covid, I think will cause some changes even beyond the fans who will be gun shy and not go bc of Covid concerns.

I think un-vaccinated people should get a discount on their ticket if they want to come, because hey, they're most at risk of death right? Right? (posted BEFORE the lock/deletion).

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Are we going for full capacity this season? The thread title says 2022, but the article read like 2021.

Auburn is looking to get Jordan-Hare Stadium filled once again this fall.  This is in the article 

I promise I'm not posting this for any other reason than to encourage everyone to continue to take covid seriously. Vaccinate, don't vaccinate, whatever. But my friend's wife, mid-forties with no underlying conditions, is in the ER today after a week of deteriorating health from covid. She chose not to get vaccinated but that is not why I am posting this. I am only posting it to remind everyone that perfectly healthy people can still contract this virus and experience severe complications from it even as more and more people are getting vaccinated or have already had covid pass through them.

Whatever your stance is on the various safety protocols, please at least continue to take this seriously.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

• WarTiger changed the title to AU Plans for Full Capacity in 2021 Season

Kentucky just announced full capacity expected at Kroger Field this season. Getting closer!!

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Kentucky just announced full capacity expected at Kroger Field this season. Getting closer!!

I heard on radio today all but at full capacity.

On 5/13/2021 at 10:20 AM, McLoofus said:

I was fully prepared to take my wife and kids to the Atlanta United game this Saturday. Growns vaxxed, littles both 6 and under. They opened the facility up to *full capacity and McWifey balked. She was still "willing"- which we all know means "had no desire"- to go but didn't want to take the kids. Sold my tickets. I was mad for about 48 hours but am now at peace with it. 

*"Full" in the Benz is normally 55k for United games. They don't sell tickets in the uppermost level. 3-4 times a year they open it up all the way to 70k+. I don't think that's the case this Saturday. Either way, I don't think it matters for the purposes of this conversation as density will more or less be the same during the game.

I'm guessing you were talking about the game vs Montreal? I was there and the announced attendance was 40,000. I would say less than 10% were wearing a mask and in my section 0% were wearing a mask. Roof was open so I guess we were technically outdoors...lol. I felt comfortable being there. 

I hate that y'all missed a United win with that crazy stoppage time goal. The Benz nearly explded!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerTale said:

I'm guessing you were talking about the game vs Montreal? I was there and the announced attendance was 40,000. I would say less than 10% were wearing a mask and in my section 0% were wearing a mask. Roof was open so I guess we were technically outdoors...lol. I felt comfortable being there. 

I hate that y'all missed a United win with that crazy stoppage time goal. The Benz nearly explded!

I'm still sick over it. I keep telling myself, though, that the 2 yr old + night game +  United's performance the first 94 mins would've led to a reluctant early departure, and that would've been WAY worse. That's what I keep telling myself.

But I'm glad you got to be there and I totally like you a lot more now that I know you're a United supporter! In Heinze I trust! Sorta!

Edit: That was just a joke about liking you way more. I already like you a lot. But I get excited meeting other soccer fans on here. Mainly ATL soccer fans.

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

my guess is it'll be full capacity 100% some will be vaccinated some wont, im guessing also tickets will go back to being mailed out again

Tickets for 2021 will be delivered digitally.  

Sell and transfer though stubhub.

From the email I received this week:

50 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Tickets for 2021 will be delivered digitally.  

Sell and transfer though stubhub.

From the email I received this week:

I saw on the website where they said that about season ticket

But didn't see info about general public being digital

I'm not a season ticket holder thanks for info so I guess both will

FWIW, while watching the Mizzou softball team play in the NCAA tournament, they announced a record crowd Saturday. 2,600 plus were crammed in the softball stadium. There were a few masks to be seen in the crowd, but very few. I think people are ready to move ahead.

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

FWIW, while watching the Mizzou softball team play in the NCAA tournament, they announced a record crowd Saturday. 2,600 plus were crammed in the softball stadium. There were a few masks to be seen in the crowd, but very few. I think people are ready to move ahead.

Should've seen the AEW wrestling PPV. Absolutely packed and if the arena was bigger would have been more.  At least 6000 last night. But made for a really exciting show though.  I'll spare you the wrestling gif since i know your stance on it lol. 

• Like 2