Georgia -15 Auburn

Viper

2 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

I do too. While the LSU game was a great win that I for one didn’t expect, UGA is a totally different beast. Their OL and DL could very well cause this game to spiral out of control in the first half. I still don’t think we have had a consistent offensive performance this year, barring our first 2 high school games. I would be very pleased if we were able to put points up against their D and keep it within 10. To me, that would be huge. 

Furthermore, they are #1 in the Nation in scoring offense in the 1st Q. Our defensive claim to fame is halftime adjustments. If that script follows suit this Saturday, it’ll resemble the GA/ARK game at halftime with a deficit too big to make adjustments to overcome. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

I don’t think Daniels will be able to play which means it will be Bennett.  Stop the run and we have a great chance to win.

10 minutes ago, Viper said:

Furthermore, they are #1 in the Nation in scoring offense in the 1st Q. Our defensive claim to fame is halftime adjustments. If that script follows suit this Saturday, it’ll resemble the GA/ARK game at halftime with a deficit too big to make adjustments to overcome. 

True enough. We need to start fast and keep pressure on them. Our O is not good enough to play from behind against a team like GA. It seems we are faced w having to make adjustments against every team with a pulse. This has been going on for years now. Not sure why, but I damn sure wish I did. 

• Like 1

I think Georgia is a solid 28 points better than LSU so im gonna say they a good 21 points better than us. Auburn is going in the right direction..but Georgia is a juggarnaut. 

• Like 2

They are bigger and stronger on both sides of the line of scrimmage.  That will be hard to overcome but not impossible.  It will probably require some turnovers and big plays to beat them.  

Edited by weagl1
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I would take the buttsniffers less the 15, and gladly pay If Auburn held them inisde of the 15.

And being at -15, presents a good opportunity to play the middle if it goes up 4 or more points

Edited by SumterAubie

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

Yeah as far as scoring on them...  I don't know. I think the best way is the best way it used to be to score on bammer back in the day. Have to hit them deep. That's where they are vulnerable at. It just so happens to be our weak spot so I don't know.

I think we'll need a defensive td. But if we can somehow stop their run I think they'll make some mistakes nobody has even seen from them this year. Let them have something like two 3 and outs in a row?? I think their QB will mess up. 

We can't get down early though. We can't let them play relaxed

Sorry @e808I meant to reply to your post

Yeah I agree I think the way to attack a Kirby Smart defense has shown to be a spread em out passing game. Bama and Florida last year put up huge yards and points on them. Youre not gonna usually beat them with smash mouth or traditional pro style. Which is a bad matchup for what we do offensively...mainly because we dont hit big plays in the passing game. That game they had at home a few years ago with Notre Dame might be our perfect gameplan to beat them, at least with our roster.  Notre Dame used a more pro style short passing attack and their tight end and played good d and almost beat them. That's the best chance with have with this roster I think. 

• Like 1

Love my tigers but I do not see it.
The last 3 games have been rough for the AU defense in the first half. This game may be brutal since UGA scores early and often As others have said - it could be ARK score bad at halftime. They have not given up a Score in GAMES. I don’t see how we score. 
We are severely outmatched. If we keep it within 15 points I will be shocked. 

17 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Yeah I agree I think the way to attack a Kirby Smart defense has shown to be a spread em out passing game. Bama and Florida last year put up huge yards and points on them. Youre not gonna usually beat them with smash mouth or traditional pro style. Which is a bad matchup for what we do offensively...mainly because we dont hit big plays in the passing game.

Well we tried that for years with Gus and it did not work. Got steamrolled. Time to try something different. 

1 hour ago, The Freak said:

This might leave a mark.

Jordan Davis (Georgia DT #99) vs Auburn 2020 - YouTube

I have seen this guy on TV, 99's neck is bigger than most player's waistline. To be our quarterback and see these guys coming. Not for the faint of heart. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Well we tried that for years with Gus and it did not work. Got steamrolled. Time to try something different. 

The key part of that sentence was "with Gus". He was a clown show. Rarely had competent passing games that were beyond an elementary level. I would not consider his offenses to be, passing wise, in the same stratosphere with what Bama is doing now and what Mullen has done at multiple schools when he had good QBs. Those offenses would work with really good personnel against UGA even this year. They haven't played any team remotely close to those yet. 

Edited by twilli13
  • Like 1

Bobo would need to call the most flawless game of his career. And every player on the team would have to execute that game plan perfectly. Other than that, I just don’t see us winning. Their defense is just too nasty. 

A fast start is critical. For the first time since 2019, and especially after the LSU win, Jordan-Hare should be rocking. That should help us early. If we get off to a good start and and the crowd fuels the players, we can keep it close. We cannot afford to start like Arky did. I expect our players and  coaches to fight like Tigers 🐅  for 4 Quarters. 

I am trying not to make to big of a deal of the LSU win, but I saw our D finally play tough in the second half.  I think we can slow down their running game so the real question is can we find a way to score some points against what may be the best D in the country.  Confidence is a huge asset and after the comeback win I think we will be more confident.  We need to keep it a low scoring game if we do we have a chance. If I was betting I would bet on Georgia to win but not beat the spread. I have a rule never bet on a game where your personal bias (love of Auburn) could affect your opinion.  I think we keep it close and have  a chance of pulling off an upset. What is scary is I am typing this and I am as sober as church mouse.  Odds 65% Georgia win 30% Auburn and yes I know that only adds up to 95%. The missing 5% is a lucky play that goes for Auburn or Georgia.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Freak said:

This might leave a mark.

Whatever happened to  Greg Smith?  Did this guy eat him?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am trying not to make to big of a deal of the LSU win, but I saw our D finally play tough in the second half.  I think we can slow down their running game so the real question is can we find a way to score some points against what may be the best D in the country.  Confidence is a huge asset and after the comeback win I think we will be more confident.  We need to keep it a low scoring game if we do we have a chance. If I was betting I would bet on Georgia to win but not beat the spread. I have a rule never bet on a game where your personal bias (love of Auburn) could affect your opinion.  I think we keep it close and have  a chance of pulling off an upset. What is scary is I am typing this and I am as sober as church mouse.  Odds 65% Georgia win 30% Auburn and yes I know that only adds up to 95%. The missing 5% is a lucky play that goes for Auburn or Georgia.

I won money this weekend on Auburn + 3 at LSU..  So I put it all on Auburn at home + 14.. I know its gonna be a battle but I am sticking with Auburn .. win or lose War Eagle!

I'm so thrilled with finally winning in BR that I would happily take a 15 point loss even if we get there via garbage TDs.

Edited by AUwent

4 hours ago, The Freak said:

This might leave a mark.

That guy also blocks better in short yardage than any of our guys. For the longest, I didn’t know if Kirby knew management, but he damn sure knows talent. Clemson had a multiple year head start on UGA, LSU was elite forever, and they haven’t guys of this caliber in the front 7 in a LONG while. More than just star watching 

• Like 1

If Nix was being forced to clear out of the pocket by the stacked LSU boxes in under 3 seconds (which is what it felt like to me watching), I’d probably cut that in half and then some vs UGA. I’d love for someone who knows more about how formations translate to blocking to correct me, but I think it’ll kill very valuable milliseconds if we’re doing a lot of under center again. I just think things need to be quicker than they were in the first 4 games when we were doing shotgun, empty stuff 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby