Georgia -15 Auburn

Viper

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Kirby definitely picked on Gus, but I would imagine he’s more familiar with Bobo’s system than Gus’s (or anyone’s). Going to have to be a game where a heavy dose of Harsin’s own style is featured

Doesn’t the opposite also apply?   Wouldn’t Bobo know what Kirby likes to do?   The game will be won by auburn if it can win the turnover, penalties and special teams.   Auburn will have to hit some big play touchdowns.   It won’t be able to drive down  the field.   Their defensive front is better than any team Auburn will face.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

Doesn’t the opposite also apply?   Wouldn’t Bobo know what Kirby likes to do?   The game will be won by auburn if it can win the turnover, penalties and special teams.   Auburn will have to hit some big play touchdowns.   It won’t be able to drive down  the field.   Their defensive front is better than any team Auburn will face.  

Yeah but I don't think Bobo is particularly good and Kirby is probably the best in football at what he does

Like if I have the same ability to draw up plays as say, Eric Bienemy, but I have zero situational awareness or any coaching intangibles, then it doesn't really matter if I have that knowledge, I'm just not comparable to Bienemy 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

3 hours ago, woodford said:

I hear ya. It’s going to be tough. I don’t know if Georgia will score a ton of points either. 

Right now, barring any injuries in practice this week I’m thinking 21-10 Georgia. 

Auburn needs this win more than anything. I know it’s a new staff but this could help recruiting tremendously. Massive opportunity for the program. 

I think it'd be our most impressive possible performance this season if we hold UGA to 21 points. I'd obviously desire that result but a substantially worse Bennett with a worse offense and worse play caller got 27 last season. 

• Like 1

Anyway. Aside from the Axis of Evil I think we have a legit chance to win each remaining game (I don't think we go 9-3 mind you, I'm just saying that each individual one is at least a possible win).

Here's how I rank my confidence of each remaining game:

USCe >>> MSU > OM and TAMU > Ark >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UAT > UGA

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Anyway. Aside from the Axis of Evil I think we have a legit chance to win each remaining game (I don't think we go 9-3 mind you, I'm just saying that each individual one is at least a possible win).

USCe >>> MSU > OM and TAMU > Ark >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UAT > UGA

100% agreed Bama has holes and defense and there’s no Waddle or Smith at WR. They are losing a good amount of players to injury 

21 hours ago, The Freak said:

This might leave a mark.

Jordan Davis (Georgia DT #99) vs Auburn 2020 - YouTube

We've got the #1 center in the SEC blocking him

Surprised to see the line at 15 given how UGA's defense has been so dominant. 

It's gonna take everything we have and then some Jordan-Hare magic to hang with this UGA team. 

If we are as weak on the offensive line as we have been against real teams this season, it's gonna be a long night. I hope I'm wrong, but this UGA team appears to be the real deal.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I think OM is decently better than A&M, but I also think it's contingent on what Kiffin you get. OM should beat Arky, but Pittman's a pretty steady hand and Kiffin loses his mind if he gets behind big and/or can't depend on the big plays. He was their biggest enemy saturday, other than their running impotence 

This is probably the best UGA team in the modern era, at least statistically, so if you lose here, it is what it is honestly. Not even speaking to the ceded ground once Richt came in the 2000s, but the 2010s eye sores like 14-19 (sans 2018) the ones that hurt are the ones where it SHOULD be close. 

• Like 1

This needs to be the Bobo-Bo Show. Bobo needs to call his most perfect game and Bo needs to be as focused as he has ever been. And Jordan-Hare needs to be the LOUDEST it has ever been!!! The Auburn Family needs to show Coach Harsin what it's like to experience a rocking JH!!! I want to totally shock him. We've been known to create mistakes for our opponents with our atmosphere. There needs to be a collective effort to get students and home team fans to be as loud as possible. I fully expect to lose my voice over this game. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think OM is decently better than A&M, but I also think it's contingent on what Kiffin you get. OM should beat Arky, but Pittman's a pretty steady hand and Kiffin loses his mind if he gets behind big and/or can't depend on the big plays. He was their biggest enemy saturday, other than their running impotence 

Maybe I'm putting too much stock into the bye week beforehand, but I have a (relatively) good feeling about that one.

22 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This is probably the best UGA team in the modern era, at least statistically, so if you lose here, it is what it is honestly. Not even speaking to the ceded ground once Richt came in the 2000s, but the 2010s eye sores like 14-19 (sans 2018) the ones that hurt are the ones where it SHOULD be close. 

If we have to play them every year once the SEC expands, can we at least PLEASE play in Athens on odd again?

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think it'd be our most impressive possible performance this season if we hold UGA to 21 points. I'd obviously desire that result but a substantially worse Bennett with a worse offense and worse play caller got 27 last season. 

Couple of notes/questions.

1) They have the same offensive coordinator this year as last year. Monken was hired before the 2020 season. No change there.

2) What makes you think their offense was worse last year? They scored 30 or more in half their games last year. They were held under 24 only once. They've had scoring explosions against bad teams this year, but against Clemson, South Carolina, and Arkansas, the defense or special teams scored. They've played two teams with a pulse, and have thrown for 207 yards, 0 TDs, and 1 INT. Combined.

Honestly, to my eye, they look largely the same on offense. They're just better on defense. Last year, they held three teams  (Arkansas, Auburn, and Kentucky) under 14 points. This year, they have yet to give up 14 to any opponent.

I dunno if we hold them to 21, but 27-13 feels pretty reasonable.

I just don't see us overcoming our trash OLine. I honestly don't see us scoring more than 10-12 points. 

I have a hard time believing that nix will be able to play at that level for 2 games in a row. I hope he can but that was like Johnny football. 
he needs help in the running game 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, e808 said:

100% agreed Bama has holes and defense and there’s no Waddle or Smith at WR. They are losing a good amount of players to injury 

Didn’t see many holes against OM.

6 hours ago, AUwent said:

Maybe I'm putting too much stock into the bye week beforehand, but I have a (relatively) good feeling about that one.

If we have to play them every year once the SEC expands, can we at least PLEASE play in Athens on odd again?

Nah I meant 2018 because that was the only one that didn’t really have business being close (even as close as the final score was). Every other matchup should’ve either been an Auburn win or at least one where it felt close. The 2017 first matchup was close to a 10 point spread by kickoff, which seems fairly close to me considering where those two programs were at. And the SEC CG, Auburn was in it even as late as the early 4th. That was what was disappointing to me 

if Harsin loses by a very unconvincing double digits or by God, even keeps it within that, it’s a moral victory, which is something this fanbase would’ve definitely accepted a week ago

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Didn’t see many holes against OM.

The short passing game worked pretty well, pitch and catch stuff. Their OL held up particularly well until both sides realized OM just couldn’t run the ball at all, and didn’t have much of a desire to try fixing it

Goes back to what Harsin alluded to with giving up on it. I don’t think we win that game if we do what Kiffin did and go completely air raid after getting down big

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Couple of notes/questions.

1) They have the same offensive coordinator this year as last year. Monken was hired before the 2020 season. No change there.

2) What makes you think their offense was worse last year? They scored 30 or more in half their games last year. They were held under 24 only once. They've had scoring explosions against bad teams this year, but against Clemson, South Carolina, and Arkansas, the defense or special teams scored. They've played two teams with a pulse, and have thrown for 207 yards, 0 TDs, and 1 INT. Combined.

Honestly, to my eye, they look largely the same on offense. They're just better on defense. Last year, they held three teams  (Arkansas, Auburn, and Kentucky) under 14 points. This year, they have yet to give up 14 to any opponent.

I dunno if we hold them to 21, but 27-13 feels pretty reasonable.

1. You can watch the games, esp at this point in the season and at this point last season. It’s light years different. They didn’t even run checks like this with Bennett last season. Look at the praise Monken is getting this season vs the flack the O got as the games progressed vs UA, or UF, or for most of the Cincy game. Not to even mention he was hired during the COVID period and was working with literally 3 new faces at QBs. He is now a better play caller than he was last season and his offense is better

2. Just off rip, the fact they’re comparable statistically with their #1 receiver still hurt and almost all their other leading receivers having to bounce back from injuries, that’s something in and of itself. passing percentage is 11 points higher,  and they’re better in virtually every category except passing YPG. They average 9 more points than last season. Stetson has almost double his Y/A and AY/A and almost double his QBR. Against one of the teams with a pulse, Bennett opened 2/3 and I watched the 1st two quarters, the scheming was great on those passes. They literally had no reason to continue passing, as they had 5 YPC. To not be put into a position to where Bennett had to pass vs an elite team is an improvement from last season, in and of itself. But he’s looked better throwing, esp deep, against those bad teams than he did last year, and much of that is these receivers actually being schemed open 

They look better on both ends to me, but we’ll see how much when they play an O that speeds them some. I will definitely acknowledge Clemson did a good job vs them, although they still got 4 YPC against what could be the third best run front they play this season (and they had a TON of injury at the receiver/TE position). They literally just took the ball out from the ball vs Ark after the first quarter and a half. Could’ve named their second if Monken wanted to, to me

55 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The short passing game worked pretty well, pitch and catch stuff. Their OL held up particularly well until both sides realized OM just couldn’t run the ball at all, and didn’t have much of a desire to try fixing it

Goes back to what Harsin alluded to with giving up on it. I don’t think we win that game if we do what Kiffin did and go completely air raid after getting down big

Yep Kiffin asinine coaching blew that game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e808 said:

Yep Kiffin asinine coaching blew that game

While OM should blow the doors out on this defense (and their own D honestly looked good considering their HC actively put them in the worst situations possible), I think Arky is more likely to win simply because Pittman is a steady hand.
Not confident with either, but a D that will NOT allow Lane to have really big plays and a home crowd…could be a good W

Guest MustardSeed

I think a potentially huge factor here will be fatigue. Our guys wore themselves out with all they had until midnight Saturday. Georgia’s guys took half a game off. 
Even if we keep it close, I severely doubt we are the better 4th Q team this week just based on freshness 

Georgia is miles ahead where it counts in talent, the big uglies, especially on the DL. 
Realistically it looks like offensively we will be much like other teams that have faced them. 
The one thing though Georgia does not control is atmosphere since the game is at AU. We have seen in the past what the AU faithful can conjure up on a given Saturday!!

Still, even deep inside of me I find it hard to see a win.  But for Goodness sake, dont pull an Arky on em. 

• Like 1