Georgia -15 Auburn

Viper

1 hour ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

I took Auburn and the points.. I love it when nobody gives Auburn a chance.. I believe Auburn wins this game with a fg.. I just believe the magic started this weekend.. War Eagle!

Well IMO it would be the biggest upset in the history of JH other than a few years ago when we beat UAT. In my opinion it would be bigger. This Uga team is a monster. 
the one hope I have is that Kirby has his annual crap game and finds a way to screw it up, but with that much talent it would take a monumental blunder.

• Like 1

Don't see us winning but please Don't lose over stupid stuff shooting ourselves in the feet. If we lose its just because they are flat out better and .......paid more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

I took Auburn and the points.. I love it when nobody gives Auburn a chance.. I believe Auburn wins this game with a fg.. I just believe the magic started this weekend.. War Eagle!

IMO u should have waited . The line is gonna go up. The value currently is for the UGA people. This is the only game. I don’t see. Tank is dinged up and we don’t know the status of Owen, Walker and Moultry. A game of this magnitude u need everyone. Especially, on defense. They are just gonna try and maul Auburn with their big oline and backs

2 hours ago, e808 said:

IMO u should have waited . The line is gonna go up. The value currently is for the UGA people. This is the only game. I don’t see. Tank is dinged up and we don’t know the status of Owen, Walker and Moultry. A game of this magnitude u need everyone. Especially, on defense. They are just gonna try and maul Auburn with their big oline and backs

You may be right but I thought Espn may start building Auburn up because them being at home.. and with Bo looking good against LSU.. So thought the line actually may go down before the game.. but either way I think I am good with 14 1/2.. I think Auburn can keep it close.. May be wrong.. we will see..

Edited by auburnfaithful72

2 hours ago, e808 said:

I think Ga starting QB is probably gonna miss the game.. forgot his name but the back up is decent but only has 2 starts I think.. Auburn is going to go after him.. I think Auburn will have Owen back.. Our defense finally got better at LSU.. And really Tank is good but Hunter is better.. but the running backs are not going to beat Ga.. They are going to stop the running game..  its gonna take Bo improvising and buying time until somebody gets open.. If they let Bo play his game then we have a chance .. 

I picked UGA to win it all pre-season and I’m still sticking by that. It will be very difficult for us to win on Saturday. However, there are two important things everyone should note:

1. Kirby has never faced a non-Gus team as a HC. He will not be able to put it on autopilot like he has the past 3 meetings. Georgia will earn every yard they get. 

2. JHS is going to be bonkers on Saturday 

Edited by woodford

If Auburn can withstand UGA's initial assault and keep it close in the 1st qtr we'll have a chance.  We'll have to play mistake free (no penalties), take advantage of any opportunities that present themselves (forced fumbles and INT's) and hopefully they're reading about how unstoppable they are and come in here overconfident and looking past Auburn.  Stranger things have happened before.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Well IMO it would be the biggest upset in the history of JH other than a few years ago when we beat UAT. In my opinion it would be bigger. This Uga team is a monster. 
the one hope I have is that Kirby has his annual crap game and finds a way to screw it up, but with that much talent it would take a monumental blunder.

We were 26.5 point dogs in 2001 vs #1 UF.  If we're just going by pure point spreads, that's the biggest upset for Auburn in JHS.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AUwent said:

I'm so thrilled with finally winning in BR that I would happily take a 15 point loss even if we get there via garbage TDs.

We need to be competitive not just score garbage TD's.  Georgia is a legitimate top 4 team in the country but at home we need to stiffen and play them tough. Win or lose a tough game they know that they played in our house.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 2

Don't take this the wrong way because I absolutely believe UGA is the best team in the SEC this year. I also believe they haven't really done that much so far. The win against Arky was by far their best of the year and it speaks for itself. We now know more about the Clemson win. USC, UAB, and Vandy were expected. I at least thought UAB would be a threat but hitting 6 pass plays over 60 yards kinda blew them out. 

I would take AU and the points. I can take off the orange and blue glasses long enough not to call for a straight up win. There are several things that can help keep them in the game.

Bennett hasn't played in a place like JHS. His road games last year were in front of limited crowds. 

UGA has done a good job of hitting the big plays and I think we can limit them. 

AU's O-line will do a better than expected job. A lot of credit goes to Nix but LSU did not get a sack and they led the nation going into the game. 

Our D-line outperformed the norm as well at LSU with impact players missing. 

UGA will stack the box to stop the run. One missed tackle and Worm could take a swing pass 80 yards. 

• Like 2

Their defense is top notch. You dont accidently shut out 2 straight opponents. There offense is good but I dont think its the best by any means. AU has to be able to throw the ball in this game to sniff victory. Obvious passing downs will be ugly.

Georgia just looks so fast on defense. Bo will not be allowed to run around back there like he did against LSU (btw not taking away from his scrambling ability). Just think the ball will have to get out of his hands quickly!

• Like 3

We have 31 players on our roster from Georgia.   They have 5 Alabama players.   Our Georgia players are impact players, leaders, starters, key backups and special team players.   To wit, on defense, Zakoby, Owen, Colby, Chandler, Jaylin, Smoke, Zion, Romello, Zeke, Steiner, on offense Tank, Demetrius, Kobe, Shenk, Capers, Bro, special teams Joko.    Only one of their 5 fits is. a player (Pickens), and he is out for the game.   We may not win, but expect our team to be very highly motivated.

4 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

If Auburn can withstand UGA's initial assault and keep it close in the 1st qtr we'll have a chance.  We'll have to play mistake free (no penalties), take advantage of any opportunities that present themselves (forced fumbles and INT's) and hopefully they're reading about how unstoppable they are and come in here overconfident and looking past Auburn.  Stranger things have happened before.

They aren't looking past Auburn, they have a chance to win 5 in a row over Auburn for the first time since the 1940's.  They're coming to make a statement in JHS.

Both lines have to play better than they've played all season, got to win the LOS and manhandle their linemen to have to give our playmakers a chance. 

6 hours ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

I think Ga starting QB is probably gonna miss the game.. forgot his name but the back up is decent but only has 2 starts I think.. Auburn is going to go after him.. I think Auburn will have Owen back.. Our defense finally got better at LSU.. And really Tank is good but Hunter is better.. but the running backs are not going to beat Ga.. They are going to stop the running game..  its gonna take Bo improvising and buying time until somebody gets open.. If they let Bo play his game then we have a chance .. 

Bennett was the starter for the most part last year he isn’t new. He started against Auburn last year in the win.

I just want the game to be competitive but from watching the two teams I don’t see it. Our receivers can’t get separation and there’s no one to take the top off the defense. Also the soft defense then adjust after halftime won’t work. The game will be over by halftime. If GA State RB broke off big runs what do u think Georgia RB’s gonna do. However, it’s just one game and the other games seem very winnable.

There are just two many things that need to happen all at once or be cleaned up. Stay safe

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

Georgia just looks so fast on defense. Bo will not be allowed to run around back there like he did against LSU (btw not taking away from his scrambling ability). Just think the ball will have to get out of his hands quickly!

Kirby will have the SS and LB's coming from every angle imaginable. this OL has trouble with simple blitz pickups.

5 hours ago, woodford said:

I picked UGA to win it all pre-season and I’m still sticking by that. It will be very difficult for us to win on Saturday. However, there are two important things everyone should note:

1. Kirby has never faced a non-Gus team as a HC. He will not be able to put it on autopilot like he has the past 3 meetings. Georgia will earn every yard they get. 

2. JHS is going to be bonkers on Saturday 

Kirby definitely picked on Gus, but I would imagine he’s more familiar with Bobo’s system than Gus’s (or anyone’s). Going to have to be a game where a heavy dose of Harsin’s own style is featured

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Kirby definitely picked on Gus, but I would imagine he’s more familiar with Bobo’s system than Gus’s (or anyone’s). Going to have to be a game where a heavy dose of Harsin’s own style is featured

I hear ya. It’s going to be tough. I don’t know if Georgia will score a ton of points either. 

Right now, barring any injuries in practice this week I’m thinking 21-10 Georgia. 

Auburn needs this win more than anything. I know it’s a new staff but this could help recruiting tremendously. Massive opportunity for the program. 

14 hours ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

My apologies, a lot of experts agree with u . We shall see on Saturday. War Eagle

1 hour ago, e808 said:

I just want the game to be competitive but from watching the two teams I don’t see it. Our receivers can’t get separation and there’s no one to take the top off the defense. Also the soft defense then adjust after halftime won’t work. The game will be over by halftime. If GA State RB broke off big runs what do u think Georgia RB’s gonna do. However, it’s just one game and the other games seem very winnable.

There are just two many things that need to happen all at once or be cleaned up. Stay safe

In fairness Auburn was without Zakoby and Pappoe when that happened. Other than that one half against GA State our run defense has been very strong 

2 hours ago, e808 said:

I agree.  The game feels a lot like last year.  However, in 2019 at JHS they won by 7 and in 2017, as we all know, we destroyed them in JHS when they came in as the #1 team.  I don't think we have the talent, especially on offense, to repeat that beatdown, but with a great atmosphere we could make it a lot closer than what some think.  On the flip side, they could quiet the crowd early if we aren't careful.

• Like 1