Georgia -15 Auburn

Viper

Call me an awesome homer, but if you look at Georgia’s schedule thus far, they eked out a W against an offensively hapless Clemson team on a neutral field, blew out three teams at home (one of which is a CUSA team and the other the 2nd weakest team in the SEC) and blew out Vandy, who is essentially a D-1AA roster, on the road. The UGA defense is obviously legit, but they have not encountered an environment like what they will encounter Saturday. Not even close. Auburn will have an opportunity to win a relatively low scoring slugfest at JHS this Saturday. I think we definitely cover.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Ain't no college going to touch Urban for a long time.

I think you highly overestimate the ethics in big college football.  He'd have a dozen offers in a year or two

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Didn’t Stetson beat us last year? I just don’t think we will be effective on offense. Their DL is going to push us into the backfield every play. This one may get down right ugly. 

They damn sure ran the ball right behind their center nd guards and they gashed us non-stop. Embarrassing how they beat us on the lines last season. 

25 minutes ago, keesler said:

They damn sure ran the ball right behind their center nd guards and they gashed us non-stop. Embarrassing how they beat us on the lines last season. 

Yeah that was pathetic. They could’ve scored 50+ if they wanted to.

I mentioned earlier, this Auburn team won’t roll over die like they have in the past few match ups. Georgia better be ready. 

6 hours ago, woodford said:

Yeah that was pathetic. They could’ve scored 50+ if they wanted to.

I mentioned earlier, this Auburn team won’t roll over die like they have in the past few match ups. Georgia better be ready. 

We didn't in 2019 technically.

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
21 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Counter plays with nasty pulling guards seem to do well against muschamp

Think that’ll help special teams?  He doesn’t coach D 😁

11 hours ago, AUwent said:

We didn't in 2019 technically.

No, you’re right. However they weren’t competitive at all for 3 quarters. 0 points in 3 quarters. That was so pathetic. Georgia did everything to keep the game within reach. 

On 10/6/2021 at 2:40 AM, tigeraddikt said:

Call me an awesome homer

You're an awesome homer! Look at you, homin' all awesome. 

Keep up the great work!

With regards,
Just some idiot

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

You're an awesome homer! Look at you, homin' all awesome. 

Keep up the great work!

With regards,
Just some idiot

Mr (or Ms., but I assume Mr.) McLoofus,

Thanks for the affirming words. I can now go confidently in the direction of my dreams (Thoreau) and generally feel good about myself.

Sincerely,

Awesome Homer

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Mr (or Ms., but I assume Mr.) McLoofus,

Thanks for the affirming words. I can now go confidently in the direction of my dreams (Thoreau) and generally feel good about myself.

Sincerely,

Awesome Homer

A TRUE Auburn fan. ;)

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, WFE12 said:

😤😤😤😤

Some folks aren't going to like this but this is very saban-like. Or, if one prefers, Belichick-like. "Trust the process." "Do your job." "Execute what we've practiced." It's all the same thing. And it is better than a breath of fresh air. It's a 30 second pull on a 3 foot Graphix. I can feel it in my toes.

• Like 2

Obviously there are so many factors going against us that it is very unlikely that we win. Being more than a two touchdown underdog at home does not happen very often to Auburn. Georgia is that good.
I feel like we are already on a good track, but I think it’s going to take a few years. If we somehow, someway won this game, everything would change instantly. It would be a program changing win.

UGA has been an incredibly good special teams unit, we had an incredibly poor special teams display last week 

Have to hope that unit rises back to the mean (and honestly outperforms), for this to be a W. We’ve gotten very little out the return units consistently, but there’s been some glimpses

8 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

UGA has been an incredibly good special teams unit, we had an incredibly poor special teams display last week 

Have to hope that unit rises back to the mean (and honestly outperforms), for this to be a W. We’ve gotten very little out the return units consistently, but there’s been some glimpses

That is true, however I feel like special teams play has been very good for Auburn this year up until last week. Hopefully they go back to where they were earlier.

15 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

That is true, however I feel like special teams play has been very good for Auburn this year up until last week. Hopefully they go back to where they were earlier.

That was what the line about rising back to the mean was about! 

• Like 1

With every passing day this week my mood has changed. Sunday I was just hoping we don’t get shutout and now Friday I really think we can win. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

Obviously there are so many factors going against us that it is very unlikely that we win. Being more than a two touchdown underdog at home does not happen very often to Auburn. Georgia is that good.

I’ve seen some miracle Auburn wins at JH when there was no way we should have come back and won or beat a Top 3 undefeated opponent. 

1994 LSU comes to mind. But we were a better team. They had 3 superb quarters. We had one miraculous quarter because they kept turning it over. 8 times in fact. 6 of those were INTs.

2001 Florida comes to mind. They were a far better team. But we hung with them because they kept turning it over. 5 times in fact. 4 of those were INTs.

I think you know where I’m going with this. If Georgia doesn’t stray too far from their typical gameplan, they are not throwing multiple INTs to lose a game where they are head n shoulders better.

Guest MustardSeed
15 minutes ago, Viper said:

I’ve seen some miracle Auburn wins at JH when there was no way we should have come back and won or beat a Top 3 undefeated opponent. 

1994 LSU comes to mind. But we were a better team. They had 3 superb quarters. We had one miraculous quarter because they kept turning it over. 8 times in fact. 6 of those were INTs.

2001 Florida comes to mind. They were a far better team. But we hung with them because they kept turning it over. 5 times in fact. 4 of those were INTs.

I think you know where I’m going with this. If Georgia doesn’t stray too far from their typical gameplan, they are not throwing multiple INTs to lose a game where they are head n shoulders better.

So we are seeking fumbles then 😉

He’s definitely playing. Wouldn’t miss this for the world. We’re gonna need him. Let’s go.

• Like 1

Auburn - 13

UGAy - 24

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Auburn - 13

UGAy - 24

Not gonna lie I would take this as long as we keep improving I'll be ok with a loss like this. ( It would still hurt because it's thuga but still)

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1