Georgia -15 Auburn

Viper

10 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

1. You can watch the games, esp at this point in the season and at this point last season. It’s light years different. They didn’t even run checks like this with Bennett last season. Look at the praise Monken is getting this season vs the flack the O got as the games progressed vs UA, or UF, or for most of the Cincy game. Not to even mention he was hired during the COVID period and was working with literally 3 new faces at QBs. He is now a better play caller than he was last season and his offense is better

2. Just off rip, the fact they’re comparable statistically with their #1 receiver still hurt and almost all their other leading receivers having to bounce back from injuries, that’s something in and of itself. passing percentage is 11 points higher,  and they’re better in virtually every category except passing YPG. They average 9 more points than last season. Stetson has almost double his Y/A and AY/A and almost double his QBR. Against one of the teams with a pulse, Bennett opened 2/3 and I watched the 1st two quarters, the scheming was great on those passes. They literally had no reason to continue passing, as they had 5 YPC. To not be put into a position to where Bennett had to pass vs an elite team is an improvement from last season, in and of itself. But he’s looked better throwing, esp deep, against those bad teams than he did last year, and much of that is these receivers actually being schemed open 

They look better on both ends to me, but we’ll see how much when they play an O that speeds them some. I will definitely acknowledge Clemson did a good job vs them, although they still got 4 YPC against what could be the third best run front they play this season (and they had a TON of injury at the receiver/TE position). They literally just took the ball out from the ball vs Ark after the first quarter and a half. Could’ve named their second if Monken wanted to, to me

Fair enough across the board. I remain a UGA offense skeptic. They basically got shut out by Clemson. I don't care who you play, putting up 3 points on offense is utter crap. UGA's defense not only held Clemson to 3 points but also outscored UGA's offense. To my eye, that is the difference between last year and this year. The offense looks like it's benefitting from defenses that have to live on the field (offense deserves credit for moving the sticks pretty consistently) + great field position.

It's impossible to overstate how good their defense has been. The gap between UGA's total defense and the #2 total defense (Iowa State) is wider than the gap between #2 and #16. They are allowing 10 first downs per game... after five games. That means, in a better than average quarter, the other team gets three first downs! They have been absurd on that side of the ball.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Fair enough across the board. I remain a UGA offense skeptic. They basically got shut out by Clemson. I don't care who you play, putting up 3 points on offense is utter crap. UGA's defense not only held Clemson to 3 points but also outscored UGA's offense. To my eye, that is the difference between last year and this year. The offense looks like it's benefitting from defenses that have to live on the field (offense deserves credit for moving the sticks pretty consistently) + great field position.

It's impossible to overstate how good their defense has been. The gap between UGA's total defense and the #2 total defense (Iowa State) is wider than the gap between #2 and #16. They are allowing 10 first downs per game... after five games. That means, in a better than average quarter, the other team gets three first downs! They have been absurd on that side of the ball.

Field position will be critical. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

Yeah they definitely have the best defense in the sport. There’s alot of offensive advantages that bring Im sure. I think they’ll regress against the usual suspects Kirb has trouble vs (Mullen, Alabama), but they should still finish #1 in most statistical categories very easily

Wed be #1 run defense currently if it wasn’t for that atrocious first half vs GSU. Hopefully we can limit the RBs and see just how different Stetson potentially is!

20 hours ago, AUwent said:

Anyway. Aside from the Axis of Evil I think we have a legit chance to win each remaining game (I don't think we go 9-3 mind you, I'm just saying that each individual one is at least a possible win).

Here's how I rank my confidence of each remaining game:

USCe >>> MSU > OM and TAMU > Ark >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UAT > UGA

Not to quibble, but your "greater than" symbol,  ">" is pointing the wrong way.

(Sorry I had an "engineer moment".  ;D)

Edited by homersapien
  • Thanks 1

Here comes the smack talk. He has a whopping 5 catches for 59 yards so far this season.

Edited by WFE12

Guest MustardSeed
13 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Here comes the smack talk. He has a whopping 5 catches for 59 yards so far this season.

Wow. Thanks for the free poster board material. Hope this gets posted all over the locker room!

11 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I don’t think this quote is relative to his own play, but play of the whole Georgia team. It is up to our team to not let it happen. So far this season it has worked out just as he said.

41 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Looks like this quote was delete.  Was it fake?

41 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Looks like this quote was delete.  Was it fake?

No maybe j boy decided not to put it out there

If you need poster board material to get up for this game then you shouldn’t be playing.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Was it from his show or podcast?

6 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I know it is on brand for J Boy to delete tweets, but def kinda odd

or maybe he deleted b/c he forgot his oxford comma and was embarrassed 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Haha 1

So more twittering tells me J Boy deleted it b/c he took the quote way out of context w/ the question he asked the kid.

I'm honestly not surprised JBoy hasn't shown his ass like this more often

22:44 turns out it wasn't like that. Kearis Jackson is cool. JBoy was right to delete that tweet.

34 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

22:44 turns out it wasn't like that. Kearis Jackson is cool. JBoy was right to delete that tweet.

Hopefully Urban doesn't wind up at LSU. I realistically see either Aranda or Napier.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah they definitely have the best defense in the sport. There’s alot of offensive advantages that bring Im sure. I think they’ll regress against the usual suspects Kirb has trouble vs (Mullen, Alabama), but they should still finish #1 in most statistical categories very easily

Wed be #1 run defense currently if it wasn’t for that atrocious first half vs GSU. Hopefully we can limit the RBs and see just how different Stetson potentially is!

Didn’t Stetson beat us last year? I just don’t think we will be effective on offense. Their DL is going to push us into the backfield every play. This one may get down right ugly. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

So more twittering tells me J Boy deleted it b/c he took the quote way out of context w/ the question he asked the kid.

I'm honestly not surprised JBoy hasn't shown his ass like this more often

Some of these guys would sell their soul for a view or like.....If I was a pro I wouldn't even do interviews. And it's amazing how the board try to use random tweets for justification of arguments.

This last situation about proof for plays about the wr's?  Post a random tweet of a guy saying it happened.....you click on the guys name he's not even an Auburn fan just posting something that's tending so he can get followers lol. I almost want to say if you're 50 and up you shouldn't be allowed to posts tweets on here 😂

Probably already been discussed but wonder how bowl cut will do against an Auburn team not coach by gus.   Kirby knew everything gus was about to do.   Of course he knows bobo but he isn’t as predictable. 

54 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Some of these guys would sell their soul for a view or like.....If I was a pro I wouldn't even do interviews. And it's amazing how the board try to use random tweets for justification of arguments.

This last situation about proof for plays about the wr's?  Post a random tweet of a guy saying it happened.....you click on the guys name he's not even an Auburn fan just posting something that's tending so he can get followers lol. I almost want to say if you're 50 and up you shouldn't be allowed to posts tweets on here 😂

Mighty glad your not making the rules.

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Mighty glad your not making the rules.

People have to understand just because it's posted doesn't mean it's true, have to make sure what you post. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

People have to understand just because it's posted doesn't mean it's true, have to make sure what you post. 

No, they should probably (best that they can). Still glad you aren’t making the rules.

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Hopefully Urban doesn't wind up at LSU. I realistically see either Aranda or Napier.

Ain't no college going to touch Urban for a long time.

3 hours ago, aubietiger14 said:

Probably already been discussed but wonder how bowl cut will do against an Auburn team not coach by gus.   Kirby knew everything gus was about to do.   Of course he knows bobo but he isn’t as predictable. 

We will find out Saturday. From a talent standpoint an upgrade is needed