Nix enters the portal

AUreo

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

There is a lot I could say… but I will save it for another day. Wish him the best!

We better hit the portal to find somebody or we are in deep s&@!

We have a 4 star freshman on the roster right now and another 4 star coming in.  We're gonna be OK.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I am just glad he connected with Coates to beat Oregon because I really didn't wanna lose to that west coast school oh and for beating Bama most recently. I'd imagine he is headed to ucf. 

Sammie Coates’ last season at AU was when Bo Nix was in 7th grade. The GW pass was to Seth Williams.

• Haha 2

There's clearly some split opinion On Here, but I will say this: for me, there are two indelible images from the 2019 IB. One, of course, is Worm's rockem-sockem robots move, but the other image for me is Bo Nix jumping up and down in celebration when he saw the 12th man. Now, he didn't make it happen, this was a good Gus moment, but the fact that he was out there for it is representative of the fact that that True Freshman QB just field generaled the wildest IB and won it. Over the coming years, we'll giggle about that one like we do the Kick 6 or Punt Bama Punt.

But there's no denying it - that 2019 season, and the ones after it, were filled with a bunch of ups and downs and not a ton of middles (probably explains part of the bimodal distribution on opinion of Bo Nix). It seems like that for every 2021 LSU game, there's a 2019 UF. But as frustrating and inconsistent as he could be, he did bring us some amazing moments. I will, because of those moments, choose to wish him the absolute best of luck and I hope hears his name on draft day (yes, I know, probably not).

On the bright side, this gives some clarity to the program. I wish he'd waited until ENSD in case someone gets cold feet, but it is good to know you have the scholly spot open. Next man up. Thank goodness the schedule lines up next year like it does - we will have some cushion to break in DD or HG or some lucky bastard in the transfer portal that's gonna be an Auburn Tiger. WDE, let's get it.

• Like 7

What does this decision communicate?  Bo does not have faith in the current AU football program (coaches, roster, whatever) to help him be successful in 2022.  He's a legacy, biggest AU fan you can find, and would be the frontrunner to start.  That's sad.

Edited by AUDevil
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

We have a 4 star freshman on the roster right now and another 4 star coming in.  We're gonna be OK.

You are correct we do. But do you mean we're gonna be like 5-7 ok or 9-3 okay? Because most major colleges have 4* qbs on their team yet they don't wiff the top 25. We're gonna be okay that's for sure. However I don't see anything indicating we're gonna be competitive anytime soon.

I hate to give a “sky is falling post” because I’m usually not that guy. But this feels bad. Bo was about as orange and blue as it gets. If he’s leaving, he clearly has no confidence in this staff.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

What does this decision communicate?  Bo does not have faith in the current AU football program (coaches, roster, whatever) to help him be successful in 2022.  That's sad.

It could also be something as simple as he wants something new and to go somewhere that the fan base may appreciate him.  Kid took a lot of crap for three years.

Probably like a new lease on life to get away from Auburn at this point.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

What does this decision communicate?  Bo does not have faith in the current AU football program (coaches, roster, whatever) to help him be successful in 2022.  He's a legacy, biggest AU fan you can find, and would be the frontrunner to start.  That's sad.

I think that is a huge guess on your part.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Saying it now: QB1 is not on roster yet

COME ON DOWN HOLDEN GERINER

1 minute ago, ScotsAU said:

I hate to give a “sky is falling post” because I’m usually not that guy. But this feels bad. Bo was about as orange and blue as it gets. If he’s leaving, he clearly has no confidence in this staff.

Complete speculation on my part, but I think Bo learned that Harsin was bringing in transfer QB(s) to win the job, and he said “peace out.”

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, tigeraddikt said:

Complete speculation on my part, but I think Bo learned that Harsin was bringing in transfer QB(s) to win the job, and he said “peace out.”

Just what I was going to post! 

5 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Welp, some of y'all got your wish. Now what?

Bring in a better QB. If Harsin is the right guy, that's what he will do. If not ...

Just now, ScotsAU said:

If he’s leaving, he clearly has no confidence in this staff.

That's a bit of a leap. For one, the rumor (again) is Gus at UCF looking to hire Pat Nix. So that's one angle. It may be that the staff has no confidence in him... crazy because their actions thus far have shown otherwise. Or maybe Bo is tired of being boo'd by the Auburn fanbase he always dreamed of playing for especially when he's clearly a better QB today than this time last year.

2 minutes ago, Mcbowen327 said:

You are correct we do. But do you mean we're gonna be like 5-7 ok or 9-3 okay? Because most major colleges have 4* qbs on their team yet they don't wiff the top 25. We're gonna be okay that's for sure. However I don't see anything indicating we're gonna be competitive anytime soon.

Hard to tell you until this year's transfer portal shakes out.  Also some immediate impact JUCO transfers potentially signing this week.

I think DD should be starting over Finley right now.  Thought that for a while because the kid is freakishly talented AND could hide some of our o line deficencies.

Personally think we're staring at around 8-4 next year.  We catch a break with a lot of very winnable home games.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

So that's an interesting angle.  We have the following scenarios:

1. Lost faith in staff to build a competent team

2. Told he has to compete and doesn't want to, at least not at AU.

3. Is ready for a fresh start because he's been hurt by the AU fanbase too much.

Any other possibilities?

• Like 1