Harsin and the PTB

AUght2win

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

especially with that 4th and 1 disaster call --

that said .. I think we gave up a TD to them on a 4th down screen play to their running back but nothing about that game should have lead to a shredding of the d coordinator -- the game before, sure.

Sure it should.   They were playing a walk-on division 3 QB.   They should have scored zero points.   You don’t hold Alabama to 3 points for 59 minutes but give up 21 to a division 3 qb.  

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

40 minutes ago, meh130 said:

lost faith in Mason during the Georgia State game. There was something very wrong with our defense and our game plan in that game.

Early season game, new system, missing our defensive leader. We were much better in the bowl game without Zakoby.

That game was another one that was 100% the offensive fault. Zero reason we should gave been close vs that team.

14 hours ago, thewhiz7 said:

This thread only goes one way and it's all based on things none of us know. The presumption is that all that has been going on it bad. It could be, it might not be. The facts are unlikely to be known around the departure of DM. I can say that if he did not want to be here for whatever reason, it is good that he resigned. I personally liked him and would liked for him to have stayed. But he did not and that's that. 

i call these miss cleo threads. so many think they know what they are talking about when they pretty much cannnot tell their own butt from third base. tell me i am lying.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Early season game, new system, missing our defensive leader. We were much better in the bowl game without Zakoby.

That game was another one that was 100% the offensive fault. Zero reason we should gave been close vs that team.

While Auburn did not look good against GSU, the D made some good halftime adjustment that limited that fullback to about 20 yards rushing, 1 first down and 0 points in the 2nd half.

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i call these miss cleo threads. so many think they know what they are talking about when they pretty much cannnot tell their own butt from third base. tell me i am lying.

I don’t think my butt resembles 3rd base at all. Not sure if your lying but definitely mistaken in that part.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Didba said:

I am young I am less than ten years removed from actually playing the game at a high level at a highly successful program for its region and level.  I have many friends and teammates who went on to be much more successful than myself.

Let me guess, Wyoming 6 Man State Champions?

2010 Wyoming 6-man football state champions ...

• Like 1

Just now, Hank2020 said:

I don’t think my butt resembles 3rd base at all. Not sure if your lying but definitely mistaken in that part.

did i name any names hank?

What is the board definition of a home run hire? The last HC I would remotely consider would have been Saban when he left Miami for UA, or possibly when Urban went to tOSU. Dabo was not considered a home run hire, Ryan Day and Kirby may possibly fit the bill but they were both coordinators who were unproven as head coaches. What coordinators are considered rock star home run hires that Auburn could have brought in? I personally did not consider Mason as a HR hire, very logical one but not an out of the park HR hire.

Maybe add Riley and Kelley to the list for 2022, they both had playoff appearance on their resumes.

13 hours ago, Didba said:

Donor side... has a lot of the same things being said here.  No one has any insight, the people that claim it, sound just like the irrational fans on this side.

Even if they are upset, they still know their stuff.  Some of those people are actually on staff.

Edited by abw0004

5 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Just trying to modify any perspective mental models taking shape.

how is bobby hank? you never mention him anymore.

Just now, Hank2020 said:

?

you are hnak hill right? that drinks beer by the road and has a son named bobby? you guys are famous.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Just saw a pic of him in the Stillwater airport with Gundy. I'd say that's essentially a done deal unless CDM doesn't want it.

I've seen reference to this picture a couple of places, please post the link.  

As late as Friday afternoon OSU prognosticators were contradicting the AU guys, by the way.  There was some chatter from the OSU side that Gundy would name their new DC yesterday (Sunday), but as of yet it is still not "a done deal".  Maybe today...?

"Im sure the Auburn site is tuned in to what is going on at Auburn in terms of coaches but we have the best sources at Oklahoma State and we feel confident that this is not happening in the way it is being reported. Could he becoming DC? Sure, but we don't think its imminent or as far into the process as some are reporting."    1:28p, 1/21/22

Edited by PowerOfDixieland

37 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

What is the board definition of a home run hire? The last HC I would remotely consider would have been Saban when he left Miami for UA, or possibly when Urban went to tOSU. Dabo was not considered a home run hire, Ryan Day and Kirby may possibly fit the bill but they were both coordinators who were unproven as head coaches. What coordinators are considered rock star home run hires that Auburn could have brought in? I personally did not consider Mason as a HR hire, very logical one but not an out of the park HR hire.

Maybe add Riley and Kelley to the list for 2022, they both had playoff appearance on their resumes.

I think the definition of a HR hire is a coach that one can check all the boxes for a hire. For Auburn I think a HR hire would be a well known well respected guy that can instantly go up against Saben in recruiting, a really good on the field coach, a good developer of talent or someone that good at recognizing unidentified talent and again well respected so top flight assistants would want to come in and work for him.

Edited by Carnell

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Different Hank I’m afraid.

man i was gonna get that auto and invite you to smoke one with me hank.

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

In-famous is the closest I ever got.

you are number one in my heart hank. i think you rock even though you suspect some of my posts but then everyone does.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

you are number one in my heart hank. i think you rock even though you suspect some of my posts but then everyone does.

Gotta let you know I’m reading them!!

• Thanks 1

I think a lot of posts in here are intentionally absolving offensive impotence in the defense failing

Like if you mention the MSU game without mentioning the offense not showing up for an entire half and giving Leach ample time to cobble something together (not to mention dudes being tired), you’re doing a disservice 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think a lot of posts in here are intentionally absolving offensive impotence in the defense failing

Like if you mention the MSU game without mentioning the offense not showing up for an entire half and giving Leach ample time to cobble something together (not to mention dudes being tired), you’re doing a disservice 

No quarter given, I think it's simply acknowledged without saying based on the reality that the main offensive guy and one of the assistants were the first ones let go.  This thread and three or four others is about Mason so we've got to beat that horse for now.  Stay focused.....

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Even if they are upset, they still know their stuff.  Some of those people are actually on staff.

Passthebiscuits has been giving hints about the turmoil for a while and some things are just now being revealed. 

• Like 1

Mason wanted out. Harsin was fine with it and moved on. I think it's really this simple. 

Mason doesn't need Auburn and Auburn doesn't need him. I don't mean that in a harsh way, both parties will be fine.

Harsin can make his coaching decisions and if he wins nobody cares and if he loses he gets fired. 

• Like 3