Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

3 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

This is true, but it's up to the coach to get on the same page as the boosters. In the NIL era, it's a fundamental part of job. It pretty much always has been, but now those guys have even more power.  A coach these days has to at least pretend convincingly that their input is welcome.  And if this whole thing was really triggered by Mason's exit interview, the PTB just recognized reality first. At this point I believe the affair rumor.  It's the least damaging way out, so I hope it's true.  But Harsin was never the right guy. Doing part of your job well just doesn't cut it for the money we are paying him. 

I can’t understand anyone that hopes someone has done anything wrong especially cheating on his wife and family! You have taken this too far!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

So it must be true, right?

If you will re-read my post "very slowly" and very "carefully", you will likely se that I never stated that.  However, I place way more stock in what a former player with current connections to the program has to say than 99.99% of what's posted in this forum, including your content.  I was merely attempting to provide some more insight.

Edited by gctiger

3 minutes ago, gctiger said:

I think the point is that Harsin places greater weight on personal attributes such as character, adaptability and program fit than on star ratings because he feels that he can coach the players up.  I heard this publicly stated on sports radio within the last few days, so it's been discussed outside of this venue.  I think it was on the morning show on WJOX, less likely the morning show on WNSP.  I regularly listen to both.

What does hearing it on a radio show prove?  So the coach wants players with certain qualities? I bet if someone asked Nick Saban, Kirby Smart, Jimbo, or any other coach out there what they are looking for in a player that coach would have a list of reasons that does NOT include their ranking.

I think the only thing anybody making this case has is the fact that CBH has yet to sign a highly rated class so they make the assumption "he doesn't care about recruiting".  

• Facepalm 1

Just now, gctiger said:

If you will re-read my post "very slowly" and very "carefully", you will likely se that I never stated that.  However, I place way more stock in what a former player with current connections to the program has to say than 99.99% of what's posted in this forum, including you.  I was merely attempting to provide some more insight.

So you are saying that then, got it. My insight is based on CBH own actions but I guess that means nothing. 

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

@DAG is a great guy? Ok Titan let's lock this up, it's gone too far

You are a great guy too.  Don't worry, I got you.  You complete me in a way that only you can!

200.gif

Edited by abw0004
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

18 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Ah yes, another squad attack.

Keep taking over threads with your vast knowledge. We all appreciate it. 

And if we don't, we are all homos, right...

Who is the squad

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Posters on TNOS saying an annoucement should come Thursday. Anyone else heard this?

That makes the most sense and what are valuable insider @W.E.D has somewhat alluded to

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mikey said:

There is zero history of boosters bringing this level of disgrace to Auburn University. The closest event was Jetgate and everyone involved in that is no longer in a position of power. Jetgate itself was supposed to be a discreet operation, but reporter Jay G. Tate did some work and blew the lid off.

Mikey think about what you just said in defending the PTB. Jetgate was supposed to be discrete. That is another way of saying they went behind the coaches back in a non-professional way.  Basically you are saying it was ok as long as they didn't get caught. That type logic means it is ok to rob a bank as long as you don't get caught. You the great supporter of Gus have no problem how they were trying to get Steele as coach before they had even let Gus go.  

I don't know if the PTB is behind this or not but Jetgate and recent history with Gus and Steele it is believable whether true or not.  I like Gus in many ways a good man, ran a clean program, was part of a National Title but it was time for him to go based on multiple things. 

Those saying Harsin thought he could win with 3* players must be smoking something. I remember all the highly rated players who came here at times this past year he and staff were trying.  There are some legit issues with Harsin how poorly Jr day was planned, whether he alienated the money men so they wouldn't help with NI, or were the money men so pissed they didn't get Steele that they backdoor hurt recruiting by not putting up NIL deals. We probably will never know whole story.

He is probably gone because of the way this whole thing came down. There is plenty of blame to go around. The one thing I know is the reputation of Auburn has been hurt badly by this and we can't blame biased media in Alabama or the nation we did this to ourselves.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

What does hearing it on a radio show prove?  So the coach wants players with certain qualities? I bet if someone asked Nick Saban, Kirby Smart, Jimbo, or any other coach out there what they are looking for in a player that coach would have a list of reasons that does NOT include their ranking.

I think the only thing anybody making this case has is the fact that CBH has yet to sign a highly rated class so they make the assumption "he doesn't care about recruiting".  

I don't remember saying proved anything.  I was merely attempting to offer some additional insight.  Take for what it's worth or feel free to ignore it.  I assure you that I won't lose any sleep over it either way...

***Note: I'm finished with this conversation.  After my initial response, I skipped to the last page without realizing that I was in the middle of heated disagreement.

Edited by gctiger

13 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

There was a section in one of the earlier ESPN articles that quoted "sources" as saying Harsin wasn't making connections with high school coaches and talent like other coaches were. That Harsin skipped out on several HS showcases and didn't even attend a camp that was 2 hours from Auburn that several other SEC head coaches went to. 

maybe it's not true, but it does kind of line up with the general assessment that Harsin is more of a "football" guy than a people person and unfortunately recruiting is as much about people skills as it is football. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

left one out they are looking at but I don't think it will be. Luke Frickell

Good list but I would put Freeze at the bottom of that list. Do you really think either of Grimes or Stoops could be brought here?

7 minutes ago, gctiger said:

I don't remember saying proved anything.  I was merely attempting to offer some additional insight.  Take for what it's worth or feel free to ignore it.  I assure you that I won't lose any sleep over it either way...

No need to get all saucy with the response, bud.  I appreciate your insight. I am just having conversation with you. 

edit- It mainly just seems like a lot of opinions on the matter. No since in us all going back and forth when neither side can be 100%confirmed really.

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, provibe said:

Good list but I would put Freeze at the bottom of that list. Do you really think either of Grimes or Stoops could be brought here?

I think Grimes has a higher chance than Stoops. Stoops could stay where he is and have a statue built in his honor. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

I think Grimes has a higher chance than Stoops. Stoops could stay where he is and have a statue built in his honor. 

Stoops is my second. I like the idea of Grimes. But would it be a guy learning on the job again?

Just now, DAG said:

Stoops is my second. I like the idea of Grimes. But would it be a guy learning on the job again?

I think it definitely would be a guy learning on the job, but all things considered I think he is a very good candidate if that is the route we have to go. 

Stoops would be a homerun IMO. I just don't think we could pull him from UK. In a perfect world where we are not in the mess we are in, maybe. 

5 minutes ago, provibe said:

Not Stoops he's not even on the list at the moment. yes on Grimes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Question on this list.. Do we go after any of these listed b4 we hired Harsin? If so, how could we get them now if we couldn't then. Especially Stoops,  Fickle, Freeze

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

I think it definitely would be a guy learning on the job, but all things considered I think he is a very good candidate if that is the route we have to go. 

Stoops would be a homerun IMO. I just don't think we could pull him from UK. In a perfect world where we are not in the mess we are in, maybe. 

Yeah I am not against some of these picks but if we are going to fire a guy after one year, I think the hire almost has to be a home run hire. He and Freeze would be mine. Luke sounds good on paper, but then I go back to my critiquing of CBH.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Not Stoops he's not even on the list at the moment. yes on Grimes

What in the world...