Men vs Ole Miss Game Thread

Maverick.AU

3 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I’m assuming they are going for a redshirt year

Thanks. I wondered if that might have been it or an injury I wasn’t aware of.

Zep (more than Flan) scored like it was January again putting up 18 total points (15 from Zep).  

Total ZEP/Flan     Pts  
23-Feb-22   18  
19-Feb-22     2 Loss
16-Feb-22     2  
12-Feb-22   17  
 8-Feb-22     6 Loss
 5-Feb-22     8  
  1-Feb-22   12  
29-Jan-22   12  
25-Jan-22     5  
22-Jan-22   10  
19-Jan-22   13  
15-Jan-22   14  
11-Jan-22   10  
8-Jan-22   12  
4-Jan-22

Our D gave them problems all night but getting Zep/Flan points was big.  When we don't, we loose or win ugly close games.

Happy to see a WIN in Neville Arena! And I was there for the offensive coming out of Zep. I've been hoping he would be a bit more aggressive all season. He has the ability to be a 8-10 point a night guy if he would just take more shots like tonight.

War Eagle, everyone!

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, 81spacetiger said:

Zep (more than Flan) scored like it was January again putting up 18 total points (15 from Zep).  

Total ZEP/Flan     Pts  
23-Feb-22   18  
19-Feb-22     2 Loss
16-Feb-22     2  
12-Feb-22   17  
 8-Feb-22     6 Loss
 5-Feb-22     8  
  1-Feb-22   12  
29-Jan-22   12  
25-Jan-22     5  
22-Jan-22   10  
19-Jan-22   13  
15-Jan-22   14  
11-Jan-22   10  
8-Jan-22   12  
4-Jan-22

Our D gave them problems all night but getting Zep/Flan points was big.  When we don't, we loose or win ugly close games.

You can survive the ugly 2nd halves from a Green or Flan if you get a game like that from Zep. That's all I really wanted out of him, in some capacity, make up the points lost when the other guys are off

Excited to jump on here and see these breakdowns turn into a bitch fest about KD and Flanigan or focusing on Wen missing his last three threes. C’mon you negative Nancys! You know you have it in you!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

You can survive the ugly 2nd halves from a Green or Flan if you get a game like that from Zep. That's all I really wanted out of him, in some capacity, make up the points lost when the other guys are off

True, but I think Zep has been choosing not to shoot - but not tonight.  When he can score it makes it harder to defend us.  I mean if he takes himself out from shooting, we become easier to defend.

We will need the production this Sat for sure.  I hope Flan has a good scoring day

Well look at that, still didn't shoot great but we took care of the ball pretty good and they couldn't beat us.....

Sign of a good team if you ask me.

• Like 2

Zep was on fire tonight!!!🔥

Jabari had a cold night shooting, but he’s still Jabari.  Kessler did his thing!!!  Man, he changes the game!!!    On to Knoxville…..

Looks like we’re not getting any help from lswho!

I am beginning to think that the reason Flanigan is starting and getting the minutes is because daddy is on the coaching staff.  Nothing else makes sense.  His play is no where near as good offensively right now than Williams.  If the argument is his his defensive play, maybe but how many turnovers is he committing and forced/ill-advised shots?  He just looks lost, frustrated, and trying too hard to return to last years form.  Also being the 4th option at best on the court, probably doesn't help his mindset.  I just don't understand it.  He has had plenty of time to round into form and each game is a repeat of the last.....little offense, high turnovers, average to good defense, lost and frustrated demeanor.  Don't mean to pile on and that's not the intention.  I just don't understand what is going on here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tigerfinz said:

Really wish Zep could come back next year.  Having this trio of guards, and Tre Donaldson coming in next year...whew...stifling defense.

I believe he said he already plans to use that COVID year to come back. 

Edit: https://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/2022/02/auburn-starting-point-guard-zep-jasper-plans-to-return-for-super-senior-season.html

Edited by GTNupe11
  • Like 1

I'm glad CofC offensively minded Zep was unleashed tonight. I hope the one thing Kessler teaches to Cardwell is to keep his hands up on defense. Most of his fouls are when he swings down trying to block someone rather than meeting them at the top. Flanigan is still pressing too much on offense but his defense is what gets him his consistent minutes.

5 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Excited to jump on here and see these breakdowns turn into a bitch fest about KD and Flanigan or focusing on Wen missing his last three threes. C’mon you negative Nancys! You know you have it in you!

Like I said in the Florida thread.... A loss game thread got up to 25 plus pages. Arky game got upwards of 30. Another double dig SEC win only gets 9 pages?! SMH. WHAT ARE WE DOING?!?! Auburn fans love misery. It is when they display the most emotion and get the biggest rise out of them. I am def guilty of it to when it comes to our hut hut program. I KNOW I KNOW! How ironic to bitch when this is my first comment this whole thread lmao but I am superstitious! Once we were somewhere in the middle of our 19 game win streak I treated it like a no hitter in baseball and did not mess with what was working and never comment in a game thread until the hay was in the barn like Pat Dye would say!!!

MV5BNzY0ODQ3MTMxN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDkw

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

WAR DAMN EAGLE THOUGH!!!!!!! That is exactly what we needed from ZEP THOUGH!!! FREAKING LOVE IT!! WOOOO!!! LEGGGOOO BAY BAAAAY!!!! He has such a pretty three point shot!! He is so un selfish but he def needs to take more of them! It will open up our offense more and loosen up the defense. IDK if he can do it on the road because role players usually do not travel and have big games on the road but it was still great to see nonetheless. Wendell had a awesome first half!!! He def gets the biggest boost playing in front of our home fans!! Now we just need to get KD back on track!! When is the last time he has had a good game?! It feels like it has been a month.

Flanny is just so lost man. He looks exactly like he did his freshman year. Bull in a china shop. Walking charge and turn over Has absolutely no clue what to do on the basketball court man. It just seems like he cannot do anything right offensively out there. The injury has obviously effected him but I also think we need to admit his huge uptick in scoring average from his freshman to sophmore year could of just been that outside of Coop there was no one else who could consistently score the basketball from the guard and wing position. That probaly had more to do with the team not being good than anything else. 

AWESOME BOUNCE BACK WIN THOUGH!!!! YESSSIIRRRRRR!!!!!!!! Now comes THE TOUGHEST road game of the season. That place will be out for blood and so will Barnes and that team. Bruce has won like 6 or 7 straight over them. I expect a crazy fever pitch atmosphere like we have gotten lately on the road. They have not lost at home all season and are THE BIGGEST proponent of the advantages of home court in college basketball. No team looks drastically different from home to away as them. They literally cannot score the basketball away from home. They put up 80 plus on kentucky when they played them at home last week and won in a rout by 18. We will have to play our best game of the season to win.

• Like 5
  • Love 1