Coach Harsin Quotes on First Practice

toddc

25 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I haven't seen anything measurable to be optimistic about. While it's too early for predictions, unless there are major positive events in spring practice or fall camp, I expect AU to finish 4-8 next year, maybe 5-7 if we get a good bounce against Mizzou or Miss. State.

The most positive thing that's happened since October is the hiring of Ike Hillyard. When naming a position coach is the highlight of your off-season, the pickings are mighty slim.

Come on, Mikey . You can do it. We'll all help you!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It's supposed to be important to him. Making efficient use of time be some sort of brag-point seems to me to be desperately seeking something positive to hang hopes on.

You're entirely welcome. I'd rather be compared to 24 than several other posters here who will not be named.

I'm sure you would and again thanks so much

29 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Have you ever ran a practice? Rarely do things ever end right on time.  A lot of the time, periods will get reset, clocks will get paused, and drills/work will be rerun.  Ending on time indicates that each position coach was organized and run effectively enough to end together.  

I think if Harsin found a cure for cancer, some would find fault in his research

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Come on, Mikey . You can do it. We'll all help you!!

Well then, start by helping me see that those failures I listed above were from sites that are not accurate. Maybe we didn't really end the season on a 5-game losing streak? The 247 site has it backwards and we actually gained 15 players through the portal instead of losing 15? C'mon and HELP!

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I think if Harsin found a cure for cancer, some would find fault in his research

No, but he has yet to find such a cure, or show some positive improvement in the program. You should be dumping some $ into the AU NIL pot, maybe Harsin can buy some big-time players in the post spring practice portal rush.

• Like 1

Ok. I will try to HELP.. AU was 6-2 , ranked 13th at the end of Oct. Nice road win over Arky, and home win over  good Ole Miss team. Saw different passing concepts using the TE. For the most part, I wasn't able to tell what play we were about to run, unlike the previous regime where I knew what was coming. Did we falter down the stretch? Sure... Did I see positives to take from last Year? Absolutely..  Now come on, Mikey ,see how easy that was. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Nice road win over Arky, and home win over  good Ole Miss team.

For both Arky and Ole Miss, that was our sixth win in a row and 8th of the last nine. Not exactly some huge brag point that indicates a big accomplishment.

The previous coach was beating those teams like a drum and he got fired.

Edited by Mikey

57 minutes ago, Mikey said:

For both Arky and Ole Miss, that was our sixth win in a row and 8th of the last nine. Not exactly some huge brag point that indicates a big accomplishment.

Now Mikey , if I'm gonna help u be optimistic,  your gonna have to at least try. You know as well as I do, the previous coach had sucked the life out of the program and we had already plateaued under him

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

You mean instead of being a cancer? I'd celebrate that. But seriously it's rather pathetic to chastise people for being optimistic or pessimistic towards the program. Everyone has their right to express their thoughts on that matter. I personally think Auburn has a shot at a 7 and 5 or 8 and 4 season. However nothing in recruiting leads me to believe that we will muster anything beyond a 4 and 8 season in 23. Until Harsin and the staff start landing transfers and new recruits for the offensive line they won't turn me into a believer.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

We finally beat LSU on the road. Don't care how bad they also were, we've seen good teams lose to bad teams over there.

11 minutes ago, shabby said:

You mean instead of being a cancer? I'd celebrate that. But seriously it's rather pathetic to chastise people for being optimistic or pessimistic towards the program. Everyone has their right to express their thoughts on that matter. I personally think Auburn has a shot at a 7 and 5 or 8 and 4 season. However nothing in recruiting leads me to believe that we will muster anything beyond a 4 and 8 season in 23. Until Harsin and the staff start landing transfers and new recruits for the offensive line they won't turn me into a believer.

Oh the irony in your post. BTW I wasn't chastising anyone.  It was more so a tongue and cheek with Mikey. If anyone wants to waller around in negative, doom and gloom, the sky is falling,  by all means have at it.

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Oh the irony in your post. BTW I wasn't chastising anyone.  It was more so a tongue and cheek with Mikey. If anyone wants to waller around in negative, doom and gloom, the sky is falling,  by all means have at it.

Yep, some “Waller” in negativism, and some “Waller” in positivism”. I choose the latter as I believe it is generally psychologically better for my feeble existence.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, au302 said:

We finally beat LSU on the road. Don't care how bad they also were, we've seen good teams lose to bad teams over there.

Indeed, but LSU wasn't the "accomplishment" he mentioned. His brag point was once again beating teams that AU had already beaten seven of the prior eight years. That's not much to brag about and is certainly not a reason to be optimistic about the future.

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Trolling trolling trolling Raw Hide

Since when is posting provable facts trolling? If I was to once again point out that the 2020 Auburn team finished 6-5 in games against major opponents and Harsin's 2021 team finished 3-7 against major opponents would that be trolling too? Just because some Harsinistas gag on facts doesn't mean the team didn't decline from 6-5 to 3-7 vs. major opponents.

11 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

You know as well as I do, the previous coach had sucked the life out of the program and we had already plateaued under him

We probably had plateaued but sadly, that plateau was measurably higher than the level the 2021 team accomplished.

3 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

To say he was bragging is just you being negative about every single thing this coach says and does but that's typically your thing on here since the last guy was ran out of town. 

He said he was happy to see practice was finished on time. Split hairs and say that's not bragging if you choose. However, finishing on time should be expected and not something worth mentioning. Just as beating two teams we've now beaten for eight of the past nine years isn't something that can be pointed at as a sign of improvement. That's no improvement, we were already beating them annually. They were better this past season? We should have been better too. Sadly.....

What positive has he done? Better record? No. Better recruiting? No.  Better use of the portal than our competition? No. Better player retention? No. Assistants hired that are keepers? No. The only positive I've seen in 15 months is that hiring Ike Hillyard could be a good idea. If y'all don't want negative comments, try finding some positive things to post about. So far the positives are scarce as hen's teeth.

On 3/17/2022 at 10:45 PM, Hank2020 said:

Yep, some “Waller” in negativism, and some “Waller” in positivism”. I choose the latter as I believe it is generally psychologically better for my feeble existence.

Can I steal this?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

There it is!!!! I knew it was coming and only took you 2 pages this time. 

Until Bryan Harsin's initials magically change to G.M., I doubt you'll ever be happy under this regime. 

I'm very critical of coaches but I also show praise nust the same to them. Beating Ole Miss this season was a really good win. Us and Alabama were the only losses Ole Miss had in the regular season. We beat them by double digits.

Arkansas was ALOT better than they've been since Bobby Petrino was there. They went 9-4 this season and we beat them AT their place and again by double digits. 

There are ways to say "I don't like this coach" without having to be negative on EVERY single thing he does. Just like you said "He's bragging about finishing practice on time." He wasn't bragging. It was 1 freaking quote he made in the middle of things he was proud of. To say he was bragging is just you being negative about every single thing this coach says and does but that's typically your thing on here since the last guy was ran out of town. 

giphy234.gif

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

He said he was happy to see practice was finished on time. Split hairs and say that's not bragging if you choose. However, finishing on time should be expected and not something worth mentioning. Just as beating two teams we've now beaten for eight of the past nine years isn't something that can be pointed at as a sign of improvement. That's no improvement, we were already beating them annually. They were better this past season? We should have been better too. Sadly.....

What positive has he done? Better record? No. Better recruiting? No.  Better use of the portal than our competition? No. Better player retention? No. Assistants hired that are keepers? No. The only positive I've seen in 15 months is that hiring Ike Hillyard could be a good idea. If y'all don't want negative comments, try finding some positive things to post about. So far the positives are scarce as hen's teeth.

mic-drop-minions.gif 

On 3/18/2022 at 12:18 AM, Mikey said:

We probably had plateaued but sadly, that plateau was measurably higher than the level the 2021 team accomplished.

You’re hung up on a notion that a coach going 6-5 in year 8 is immensely different than a new coach going 6-7. It ain’t. At least not to most of the rest of us. What good does it do to recruit Top 10 if that class has 4 years of 8-5 ahead of it? Or turning a 4 or 5 star player with high draft pick potential into an undrafted free agent? The last guy did plenty of that and that’s why he’s  off to UCF losing to a 4 win Navy team. Last season was year 1 for CBH. We will know a lot more a couple of years from now. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

You’re hung up on a notion that a coach going 6-5 in year 8 is immensely different than a new coach going 6-7. It ain’t. At least not to most of the rest of us. What good does it do to recruit Top 10 if that class has 4 years of 8-5 ahead of it? Or turning a 4 or 5 star player with high draft pick potential into an undrafted free agent? The last guy did plenty of that and that’s why he’s  off to UCF losing to a 4 win Navy team. Last season was year 1 for CBH. We will know a lot more a couple of years from now. 

I'm hung up on the idea that a coach going 6-5 against major competition is immensely different from a coach going 3-7 against major competition because it is very different.

It was time for a change, all agree to that. However, the change needn't be a step downward. There were three new head coaches in the SEC last season. Tennessee's new coach improved them from 3-7 to 7-6. South Carolina's new coach improved them from 2-8 to 7-6. Auburn's new coach, left with much more talent than the other two, back-slid from 6-5 to 6-7.

Again, what major area of the program is improved?

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'm hung up on the idea that a coach going 6-5 against major competition is immensely different from a coach going 3-7 against major competition because it is very different.

It was time for a change, all agree to that. However, the change needn't be a step downward. There were three new head coaches in the SEC last season. Tennessee's new coach improved them from 3-7 to 7-6. South Carolina's new coach improved them from 2-8 to 7-6. Auburn's new coach, left with much more talent than the other two, back-slid from 6-5 to 6-7.

Again, what major area of the program is improved?

Too early to compare Harsin to Gustav. That goes for recruiting, record, improvement in the program etc.. Harsins sample size doesn't have enuf data to make  determination about his status as an AU coach, to me its just that simple 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Too early to compare Harsin to Gustav. That goes for recruiting, record, improvement in the program etc.. Harsins sample size doesn't have enuf data to make  determination about his status as an AU coach, to me its just that simple 

It's not too early to compare his results with other first year SEC coaches. I've already done that for you, see above.

Glad practice is back. Incredible opportunity for Harsin. He controls the fate of the program. They need to find a way to leverage the lack of talent going forward. It’s all about development.