2024 5*+ WR Ryan Williams (Recommitted To Bama)

gr82b4au

1 hour ago, yngwie1995 said:

Is he the one that his mom was surprised and wouldn't let him fax in the paperwork (to Auburn)? Or was that Cyrus?

Cyrus was the 5-star lil bro. Arie was already enrolled at bammer. Cyrus announced AU, followed by Arie’s exclamation “Whadaya doin bro?”

After his family reminded Cyrus that bammer money is green, Cyrus faxed to bammer.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Cyrus was the 5-star lil bro. Arie was already enrolled at bammer. Cyrus announced AU, followed by Arie’s exclamation “Whadaya doin bro?”

After his family reminded Cyrus that bammer money is green, Cyrus faxed to bammer.

Didn't Arie fly home to talk to his brother about his commitment? Last-minute airline tickets are quite expensive. I wonder who paid that? And, didn't Cyrus want to major in Architecture, something Auburn had but Bama did not. 

2 hours ago, Viper said:

I was watching that commitment live. I seem to remember the HS coach jumped up and ended the event after he picked Auburn.

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Don’t forget Cyrus saying “he had a sign from God” in his decision to flip and go to Bama. 

IMG_0060.gif

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Don’t forget Cyrus saying “he had a sign from God” in his decision to flip and go to Bama. 

IMG_0060.gif

He had a sign from God, and his momma had a check from the REC who think they are gods.

• Like 4

On 12/12/2023 at 1:48 PM, tigeraddikt said:

114CA1A7-79BE-4348-AEC2-ACD8C6286511.png

7179FAC9-36E5-4106-8716-7CC29BE26209.png

I did a little digging on this because I never could find TWO Ryan Williams that played during that time and here is what happened….

So that is Ryan William’s senior FB profile EXCEPT for the bio stuff.  

That bio belongs to a Ryan Williams who was a swimmer at Auburn from SC. https://swimswam.com/swimmacs-ryan-williams-announces-verbal-pledge-auburn-tigers/

So the jersey number, position etc for Ryan Williams (FB) is correct but the bio information has somehow been merged with another Auburn athlete.   

There weren’t two Ryan Williams that played for Tubs, just one.  Because of the mix up of the player bios it’s confusing since FB player Ryan Williams is from Mobile.  I’ve seen a lot of people saying Ryan Williams is a double legacy based on this profile but that’s not correct….the SWIMMER Ryan Williams had a grandmother who swam for Auburn, not the FB player Ryan Williams.  

• Thanks 1

He says he will be in Auburn today for the game but that he is locked in with Bama and will sign there on Feb 9.   As long as he continues to visit, we've got a chance.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

He says he will be in Auburn today for the game but that he is locked in with Bama and will sign there on Feb 9.   As long as he continues to visit, we've got a chance.

I'm not counting on Williams.  If we keep what we got and get another flip or 2. It will be a success. TBH, I would rather flip LJ Mccray

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm not counting on Williams.  If we keep what we got and get another flip or 2. It will be a success. TBH, I would rather flip LJ Mccray

Why not both! 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Just trying to be realistic.  Would be great to get both.  Don't see the REC giving Williams up. 

I'll will say that they've invested a lot! 

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Don't see the REC giving Williams up. 

They've had great success with smaller guys, and Williams certainly fits that bill.   He is either (1) still interested in us despite what he says in public (2) wants to see a great basketball game and hang out with friends he has met during recruiting or (3) both.   To your earlier point, if I had to choose between a young man the size of Thompson and Coleman or Williams, I would choose the bigger body.