2024 4* LB Joseph "Joe" Phillips Commits To AU!

ellitor

• 2 months later...

Are we still in the lead here? Need to land this guy, and it feels like we're starting to fall behind in recruiting again TBH. And please don't tell me "recruits have to see a product on the field first," that's code for "the coach needs a Terry/Gus-like first season."

Edited by AUwent

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

WENT, (1) go to the ABC Store and buy yourself a handle of Maker's.  (2) go to the Pig and get yourself a prime bone-in ribeye at least 1.75 inches thick.   (3) Come home and fire up the Green Egg, Weber, or cast iron skillet.  (4)  Mix the Maker's about 75% Makers and 25% sprite.  (5) Put the car keys away. (6) start sipping on the Makers.  (7) in about 20 minutes when the grill is 500 degrees throw the steak on. (8) keep sipping the Markers.  (8) in 2.5 minutes flip that steak. (9) keep sipping the Makers. (10) in 2.5 minutes pull that steak and let it rest for 10 minutes.  (11) pour you another Maker's and continue sipping.  (12) eat that Prime beef with your Makers.   Now, close your eyes and say out loud, softly, three times in a row -- "Harsin is not here, and he is not coming back." Now you should be completely RELAXED....   Repeat as often as needed--- recruiting with this staff, with our facilities, and our NIL will be just fine my friend.

Went glad you appreciated the humor in my post.  You have legit reasons to be concerned.   We all do.   I really feel our worst is behind us.   As a Christian and dad I had concerns about Hugh.   He has proven, at least in my simple mind, to be very worthy of some grace.   Most do!!   A wounded Tiger is a dangerous creature.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Went glad you appreciated the humor in my post.  You have legit reasons to be concerned.   We all do.   I really feel our worst is behind us.   As a Christian and dad I had concerns about Hugh.   He has proven, at least in my simple mind, to be very worthy of some grace.   Most do!!   A wounded Tiger is a dangerous creature.

But seriously, things are WAY too quiet, with all the commitments happening around the CFB landscape in the last week. If we still can't recruit under Freeze, it might be time to leave the SEC, because it would be clear that we simply can't compete in the NIL era.

Edited by AUwent
  • Facepalm 1

23 minutes ago, AUwent said:

But seriously, things are WAY too quiet, with all the commitments happening around the CFB landscape in the last week. If we still can't recruit under Freeze, it might be time to leave the SEC, because it would be clear that we simply can't compete in the NIL era.

Went, we will compete.   Some of our big  friends are tired of losing.   I promise you.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Give it a rest. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, AUwent said:

@AUwent Things aren't quiet at all. We have OVs every weekend in June and had a camp on Monday. Tons of AU recruiting articles on pay sites. They just aren't being brought over here. For the time being, you are worrying for nothing. Give it til the season starts. If we don't have momentum then in terms of commits then you can start to worry.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Mix the Maker's about 75% Makers and 25% sprite.

I prefer to mix my Maker's with Seagram's ginger ale. The rest of your recipe is spot-on. :)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I prefer to mix my Maker's with Seagram's ginger ale. The rest of your recipe is spot-on. :)

Well then I might just have to give that a go this evening.   Thanks Mikey!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I discovered this pleasure a couple of years ago and now it’s one of my go to’s. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AUwent said:

What are you talking about! CHF is getting us into a position for recruitment we haven’t seen in years.

Edited by toddc

15 hours ago, AUwent said:

Summer is just starting.  We're going to be behind UGA/Bama and not going to get **all** our top prospects b/c they are going there first.  We just need to get enough.

Let's see how the summer plays out.  OVs are just now starting and we have a lot this month.  Let's see where we are at the start of the season.  Recruiting calendar has moved way up.  We need to have ~12-15 by then

• Like 2

This will be an interesting year with HS players it is great that so many highly rated players are scheduling us for OV's. Freeze and Staff have done a fantastic job to get this many highly rated players visiting in their 1st real recruiting year.  We also are bring in highly rated 3* type players  some of whom I think are instant takes and others in case we don't hit enough of the top rated players. 

This is a sound strategy as many of the schools we are competing against have had their staffs recruiting these player for 2 or more years. Overcoming the hurdle of being late to the game is tough and I think this staff will do it for some but I love they have a backup plan. Previous staffs didn't have solid backup plans that is why when we tried to get the top O-Linemen and failed we didn't even have the type of player who we could develop into an SEC linemen in a couple of years.  

Edited by AuburnNTexas

It is going to take time and patience.

We have to give them a reason to come to Auburn, and right now Uga is better in every way.
We have to show them a better product on the field this fall. Start there. 
Then we slowly have build relationships with high schools and climb our way out of these holes over the next few years. 

Bad news fellas. A string of picks came in yesterday for UGA, including from AU 247 reporter Christian Clemente.

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Bad news fellas. A string of picks came in yesterday for UGA, including from AU 247 reporter Christian Clemente.

That’s fine as long as we steal Riddick from them.  

2 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

That’s fine as long as we steal Riddick from them.  

Likely Bama steals him from them.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Likely Bama steals him from them.

Well, one thing that is encouraging….CHF has proven he and his staff will be relentless!   When the McCall thing didn’t work out, he went and got Thorne!   When we didn’t get a couple of WRs we wanted, they went and got Shorter and Hooks!  If we lose out on both of these LBs, I’m confident this staff will have very good plan Bs and Cs and Ds.  
In the Gus days, he usually had good plan As, but fell short with backup plans.   After Gus there were 2 years where we often didn’t even bother with a plan A.   Things are different now!!!  We will fill our roster with talent across the board!!!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Sounds like we're back in it for Phillips.

@AUwent More than back in it. We have made a big move to take the lead.

11 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Gonna be a fight to the end.

Not sure about that.

• Love 2

If Hugh is posting the eyes then he must’ve already gave his commitment now we just waiting on the official announcement whenever that is

Edited by Sizzle
  • Love 2