2024 5*+ S KJ Bolden (UGa)

ellitor

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Before this weekend we were an afterthought in this battle.

Not to people involved with this recruitment.

28 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

things change almost instantly in recruiting 

That’s the one thing that makes me nervous.   If he committed this past Saturday it would’ve been AU.   By next Saturday, things could change.   I really like that he made it known that he would make sure Hugh got the last conversation before he commits.  I’m optimistic, but wish Saturday would go ahead and get here already!!!

Edited by AUpreacherman22
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

That’s the one thing that makes me nervous.   If he committed this past Saturday it would’ve been AU.   By next Saturday, things could change.   I really like that he made it known that he would make sure Hugh got the last conversation before he commits.  I’m optimistic, but wish Saturday would go ahead and get here already!!!

Yeah, the last call to CHF part bodes well. And hopefully his new buds from AU are in his ear as well. 

• Like 2

Just now, wareaglefan444 said:

the dawgs 247 board saying he is trolling us

Make sure you keep the receipts.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I usually don’t put a ton of stock in pics & videos that recruits/acquaintances share via social media, but the video @RunInRed posted on page 3 of this thread is pretty revealing IMO. 

Like others have said, he wants his own official announcement date and he’s had 8/5 set for awhile, so I don’t see this last week as a detriment for AU. If anything, AU was his last big weekend. 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Make sure you keep the receipts.

Another “bigbirddropping”

1 hour ago, Viper said:

I usually don’t put a ton of stock in pics & videos that recruits/acquaintances share via social media, but the video @RunInRed posted on page 3 of this thread is pretty revealing IMO. 

Like others have said, he wants his own official announcement date and he’s had 8/5 set for awhile, so I don’t see this last week as a detriment for AU. If anything, AU was his last big weekend. 

Yep, I feel even more confident that it's AU.  He said he almost jumped this weekend and loved everything about his visit.  I'll be shocked if it's not Auburn. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wareaglefan444 said:

the dawgs 247 board saying he is trolling us

Pretty sure it’s an FSU/AU battle now. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Steve Wittfong (247 national guy who has been pretty solid) posted that he's hearing a lot of good things for Auburn post big cat.  The question is how it will hold this week and if we can maintain. 

the question is will it get better as the week proceeds

20 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

the question is will it get better as the week proceeds

Georgia Rivals seems to think they lead for Bolden over Ohio St & Florida St as of today. https://www.11alive.com/article/sports/local-sports/kj-bolden-5-star-buford-high-school-football-recruit-commitment/85-a2d46488-5d04-4834-906a-1f1ad3b8ab10

But I think Riddick, Perry, and longer term friends Kayin Lee and Crawford provide the Xtra boost to make AU feel more like home. 🤞

Edited by HAPvsOA
added link
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

Georgia Rivals seems to think they lead for Bolden over Ohio St & Florida St as of today. https://www.11alive.com/article/sports/local-sports/kj-bolden-5-star-buford-high-school-football-recruit-commitment/85-a2d46488-5d04-4834-906a-1f1ad3b8ab10

But I think Riddick, Perry, and longer term friends Kayin Lee and Crawford provide the Xtra boost to make AU feel more like home. 🤞

I could not agree more. I'm calling it. KJ Bolden will be an AUBURN TIGER.

• Like 1

I meant to say disagree more. Both BIG Kam and KJ say that AU is "very strong" in this, so much so that KJ almost committed publicly this last weekend. I believe he is a silent until next Saturday just because UGA thinks that he is in the bag. Trovon Reed said we would shock the recruiting world. I think having 4 5* players in one class will do that. BEST EVER RECRUITING CLASS AT AU.

• Like 1

I believe ZE/HF have connected with him personality wise and convinced him that he will be well utilized (and he will). NIL was the last brick. It always seems to be, and will be, with high talent.  We can't predict if there is a last minute crazy offer obviously. Be optimistic this year....we are not the underdog some think. Just one thing that I want everyone to remember is that all Auburn fans need to thank Caddy whenever they can. His energy was the start of this high level of recruiting!

• Like 3

Yesterday Perry Thompson spoke at a local "media day."   He said his focus r/n is recruiting. He said his number 1 recruit is KJ.  Most important, he said he thinks we get him.   As others have said, he has some longer term friends on the team.   He isn't trolling Auburn.  He wouldn't do that to players he cares about.   He is a young man being shown a lot of attention by folks who are skilled at persuasion.   His heart is telling him Auburn.   As Einatl said above, he has connected with our coaches.  We feel good about him, not only coming here, but being a program changing addition. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Pretty sure it’s an FSU/AU battle now. 

As I said, if Georgia is out of it, it’s 100% AU.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Yesterday Perry Thompson spoke at a local "media day."   He said his focus r/n is recruiting. He said his number 1 recruit is KJ.  Most important, he said he thinks we get him.   As others have said, he has some longer term friends on the team.   He isn't trolling Auburn.  He wouldn't do that to players he cares about.   He is a young man being shown a lot of attention by folks who are skilled at persuasion.   His heart is telling him Auburn.   As Einatl said above, he has connected with our coaches.  We feel good about him, not only coming here, but being a program changing addition. 

I believe all of this is true. We also know that a lot can happen between now and Saturday, and we know Auburn isn't the only school he likes. Personally, I think Auburn fans need to tread lightly with this one. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I believe all of this is true. We also know that a lot can happen between now and Saturday, and we know Auburn isn't the only school he likes. Personally, I think Auburn fans need to tread lightly with this one. 

Yeah, not a lot of confidence coming from insiders, but it is a new day.

5 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Yeah, not a lot of confidence coming from insiders, but it is a new day.

I don't read the tea leaves as there being a lack of confidence, but FSU is Bolden's dream school and he also has strong connections there. That, and I wouldn't ever count Kirby out on a big time recruit that he wants. Our staff has clearly proven at this point that it can win these battles, and from all accounts Auburn is in a great position. I just think it's going to come down to the wire, and I won't be surprised if he picks Auburn, Florida State, or Georgia.