2024 5*+ S KJ Bolden (UGa)

ellitor

Just now, Barnacle said:

I don't read the tea leaves as there being a lack of confidence, but FSU is Bolden's dream school and he also has strong connections there. That, and I wouldn't ever count Kirby out on a big time recruit that he wants. Our staff has clearly proven at this point that it can win these battles, and from all accounts Auburn is in a great position. I just think it's going to come down to the wire, and I won't be surprised if he picks Auburn, Florida State, or Georgia. 

FWIW - He said himself it’s between two schools.

• Like 1

Just now, Viper said:

FWIW - He said himself it’s between two schools.

True, but as we know, a lot can change between now and Saturday. Assuming Georgia wasn't in his top two after this weekend, they aren't going down without a fight. That's all I'm saying. 

15 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

Georgia Rivals seems to think they lead for Bolden over Ohio St & Florida St as of today. https://www.11alive.com/article/sports/local-sports/kj-bolden-5-star-buford-high-school-football-recruit-commitment/85-a2d46488-5d04-4834-906a-1f1ad3b8ab10

But I think Riddick, Perry, and longer term friends Kayin Lee and Crawford provide the Xtra boost to make AU feel more like home. 🤞

Another thought-Hugh Freeze is new to insiders and recruiting services. Auburn can now start to trust their intel. On the other side, SEC rivals are going to be deceived by their intel because Freeze knows how to deceive the opposition. THE ANGER will reach a fever pitch if KJ signs with Auburn. Kirby will be turning Freeze in to the NCAA or not he since he has been the biggest cheater of them all. This is how PAT DYE controlled them in the 1980s.

Edited by Auburn93
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

True, but as we know, a lot can change between now and Saturday. Assuming Georgia wasn't in his top two after this weekend, they aren't going down without a fight. That's all I'm saying. 

Oh I agree. I find it hard to believe Georgia is not in his final two. Some have said they are behind FSU.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Yeah, but they might go down anyway.

2 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Another thought-Hugh Freeze is new to insiders and recruiting services. Auburn can now start to trust their intel. On the other side, SEC rivals are going to be deceived by their intel because Freeze knows how to deceive the opposition. THE ANGER will reach a fever pitch if KJ signs with Auburn. Kirby will be turning Freeze in to the NCAA or not he since he has been the biggest cheater of them all. This is how PAT DYE controlled them in the 1980s.

Can’t blow the whistle on NIL.

Now if Freeze lights his gas grill…

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

Oh I agree. I find it hard to believe Georgia is not in his final two. Some have said they are behind FSU.

If it were the 1990s, you would have more enthusiasm for FSU. This is a new era. Is FSU back in the game?

1 minute ago, Auburn93 said:

If it were the 1990s, you would have more enthusiasm for FSU. This is a new era. Is FSU back in the game?

Have you seen their class for 2024? 

16 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

They have an outside shot at the Playoff

51 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I believe all of this is true. We also know that a lot can happen between now and Saturday, and we know Auburn isn't the only school he likes. Personally, I think Auburn fans need to tread lightly with this one. 

Yup! A little to much cockiness from fans around this one for my taste.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Well, they are freaking rocking recruiting in this new era ....  and so is UF.  :dunno:

Note: I am only including this bc it's free right now.

This paywall article from Wilfrong at 247 on Bolden is free  for the next 24 hours or so. https://247sports.com/college/auburn/article/kj-bolden-5-star-top-schools-commitment-georgia-clemson-alabama-auburn-ohio-state-fsu-213485476/

Sounds like a tossup between FSU (likely his leader before BCW), AU (likely his leader post-BCW) & Georgia (confident they can flip before NSD).  

Just now, HAPvsOA said:

Note: I am only including this bc it's free right now.

This paywall article from Wilfrong at 247 on Bolden is free  for the next 24 hours or so. https://247sports.com/college/auburn/article/kj-bolden-5-star-top-schools-commitment-georgia-clemson-alabama-auburn-ohio-state-fsu-213485476/

Sounds like a tossup between FSU (likely his leader before BCW), AU (likely his leader post-BCW) & Georgia (confident they can flip before NSD).  

That's a good forecast. It really is a 3 team battle with I believe a very slight edge for AU. Remember, these blue chip guys are RELATIONSHIP guys. Just wait for the dominoes to fall my friends.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Viper said:

Can’t blow the whistle on NIL.

Now if Freeze lights his gas grill…

What’s my favorite word?!

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7uutkw7m56jujiwz1yl

I just read where 11 alive news in Atlanta is going to carry his commitment live Saturday. They're convinced it's the mutts. 

If he commits to us, or elsewhere it'll make my day. 

To us would be even better. I hate Georgia worse than hemorrhoids.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

If this is coming back we better get @augolf1716 favorite emoji, known by most as the dancing cucumber

woohoo-pickle.gif

This one?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

woohoo-pickle.gif

This one?

If you look at this thing for more than a couple of seconds it's actually kind of creepy. 

• Like 2

I was just reading an article about Bolden and Georgia is going to be very hard to beat for his commitment. He was interviewed a few days ago at Georgia High School media days and said he has been to Georgia 16 times during his recruitment. Kirby, Fran Brown and Will Muschamp are the coaches meeting with him every time. The article said Kirby has recruited Bolden as hard as any recruit ever. Bolden said NIL isn't a big thing for him and he looks at it like it's "later on money" instead of right now. He said his #1 priority right now is to go to the school that gives him the best chance to make it to the NFL. He also said he knows Kirby will be at Georgia for a very long time and that's also important to him. The article said he was overheard several times at this media days telling his Buford High School teammates "Go Dawgs." Bolden also said that Dylan Raiola is constantly in his ear wanting him to commit to Georgia. Raiola is the #1 QB recruit in the 2024 class and is committed to Georgia. 

All of this was before Big Cat Weekend so I'm really hoping our staff and our current commits did enough to get him to commit to us. I'm thrilled that we're a true threat to get this kid because Coach Freeze and staff are still early in these relationships compared to other schools. Recruiting is going really well right now but it will be VERY fun when Freeze has 2 or 3 years here at Auburn and can build some long term relationships with alot of these high school coaches. 

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, gr82be said:

If you look at this thing for more than a couple of seconds it's actually kind of creepy. 

Why would anyone look at that for more than a couple of seconds?!?!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, gr82be said:

You have no idea how creepy. It started back in the day of Auburn Eagle many years ago. I can not say what I called it because I would have to ban myself.

• Haha 4