2024 5*+ S KJ Bolden (UGa)

ellitor

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

E you said SEC or Big 10.   When asked the other day about the potential of FSU joining the SEC, the SEC commissioner said we are focused on our 16 teams.   Also, with Florida already in, FSU also does not open up a new TV market.   We should be selling that playing in the SEC just means more and the very best players play in the SEC and not the ACC or the Big 10.   

Mike Slive, the commissioner of the Southeastern Conference, said his league was not considering adding teams but was working on a plan to keep up with other conferences if they expanded. Slive said the 12-member SEC had not talked to any institutions about joining and had no plans to do so. - https://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/27/sports/ncaafootball/27sportsbriefs-sec.html

MIke Slive stated the SEC wasn't expanding but it did a year later. Talk had to have been going on before that. So the SEC has a history of saying it isn't shopping when in fact it is. FSU and Clemson to the SEC has always been a want by the SEC as far as I've read. So it is logical seeing as UCF will be making more a year than FSU. FSU seems to be pissed off enough about it to jump. The article I read is that the Big10 and SEC teams will make on average $30 million more per year than ACC schools. 

Edited by Chaotic_zx
  • Like 1

When asked the other day about the potential of FSU joining the SEC, the SEC commissioner said we are focused on our 16 teams.

And that's poppycock, especially if the BIG expands.

Also, with Florida already in, FSU also does not open up a new TV market.

True but not everything is about TV markets. FSU and their brand would bring more revenue to the SEC than some tier 2 & 3 teams bringing in new markets.

We should be selling that playing in the SEC just means more and the very best players play in the SEC and not the ACC or the Big 10.

I'm sure we are.

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I didn't realize referring to Freeze as Danny Hugh was such a big deal. I saw it quoted in a story and thought it was a cool name. But, by all means if something as insignificant as that causes agnst or worry or even deep thought,  I' ll refrain from using it. 

It’s not that it’s a big deal. I just thought that either he was your family member or at least was close to him.

The “first name + middle name” gesture is usually reserved for someone infamous such as a war hero, royalty, etc. Not a football coach.

Do any bammers refer to Saban as Nicholas Lou? He’s about as close to God for them as a human can get. And Freeze ain’t in THAT category yet.

Sobering thought on KJ. He is doing his announcement on 1 of the major Atlanta TV stations. I just can't see him not picking UGA on a major ATL station. I have a feeling the station wouldn't sign off on showing the annoucement if it wasn't UGA.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Viper said:

It’s not that it’s a big deal. I just thought that either he was your family member or at least was close to him.

The “first name + middle name” gesture is usually reserved for someone infamous such as a war hero, royalty, etc. Not a football coach.

Do any bammers refer to Saban as Nicholas Lou? He’s about as close to God for them as a human can get. And Freeze ain’t in THAT category yet.

I guess, I just never really give it much thought.  But, I will try to stop doing it on future posts. 

1 hour ago, Mike4AU said:

To be completely honest, I don't like that because it just sounds redneck.  It's like hearing fingernails being scratched on a chalkboard.

We all got some redneck in our blood, whether it's admitted to or not🙃. I will try to refrain from referring to our coach as $@##/  &*%% in all my future posts

FSU may want to leave the ACC, but it’s not clear that can happen anytime soon. The ACC schools agreed to a deal that has them effectively trapped for the time being. If FSU or Clemson is able to negotiate a departure, they’re going to be taking far less money from their new conference than other schools because they’ll be paying off the ACC. 

I think in the short term, FSU and Clemson are putting pressure on the ACC to give them an unequal (larger) share of the revenue, similar to the deal Texas had in the Big 12. Just my opinion here. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Viper said:

Just curious why you and a few others refer to him with his first name. Close relationship with him?

Don't be weird

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Sobering thought on KJ. He is doing his announcement on 1 of the major Atlanta TV stations. I just can't see him not picking UGA on a major ATL station. I have a feeling the station wouldn't sign off on showing the annoucement if it wasn't UGA.

Mabye, but Buford is close to 1 hour outside of downtown Atlanta. I can't imagine there are many stations coming outside of Buford.  Using a big Atlanta station gets him broadcasted all over the state...I think he really wants this spotlight.  

I realize he could use Instagram or something else but I don't see him choosing a big station as a pointer to the butt-sniffers.

• Thanks 1

All ACC member institutions have agreed to a Grant of Rights for TV rights. Here is a short recap of what this means. Not only does this hit FSU’s financial picture, but would also affect a conference if FSU were to bolt to that conference.  I suspect this would be untenable to the SEC. I have no doubt that FSU has had its lawyers studying this, looking for an out.  

A 2013 Grant of Rights agreement between the league's schools runs less than four pages, but the contract grants the league home media rights from each school "whether such Member Institution remains a member of the Conference during the entirety of the term."

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/here-s-a-copy-of-the-contract-keeping-the-acc-together-for-now/20361234/

57 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Alot of people are gonna view it as him trolling us for UGA if he commits to them, but I do think they were legitimately a player in this the whole time, and we just made up some ground with the rest of the contenders with how good BCW was. 

24 minutes ago, BornAU76 said:

but I don't see him choosing a big station as a pointer to the butt-sniffers.

@BornAU76 What I'm saying is the other way around. The big station choosing to show it because they know or think it's UGA.

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

we just made up some ground with the rest of the contenders with how good BCW was. 

We were making up ground before BCW FWIW.

36 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

We all got some redneck in our blood, whether it's admitted to or not🙃. I will try to refrain from referring to our coach as $@##/  &*%% in all my future posts

You have every right to refer to Freeze in any way you want.  Don’t pay any attention to my reaction to him being called DH. 

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@BornAU76 What I'm saying is the other way around. The big station choosing to show it because they know or think it's UGA.

I have the same outlook. 

Or they can be doing it because they understand how many eyes will be on that commitment. It is good publicity 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

FWIW, Jeff Sentell still thinks UGAly lands him.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Who is to say he told them? They want the build up of drama. They get eyeballs regardless of who he signs with. 

2 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

To be completely honest, I don't like that because it just sounds redneck.  It's like hearing fingernails being scratched on a chalkboard.

Is this in yellow font? Redneck due to first and middle name used? lol

1 hour ago, Viper said:

All true but Freeze has a much more laid back persona than Saban ever will, allowing the use not to sound unreasonable IMO.

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I guess, I just never really give it much thought.  But, I will try to stop doing it on future posts. 

11 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

All true but Freeze has a much more laid back persona than Saban ever will, allowing the use not to sound unreasonable IMO.

Up to you guys whether or not you consider him an immortal already. If he is to you, go for it.

Move over Patrick Fain.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

True but not everything is about TV markets. FSU and their brand would bring more revenue to the SEC than some tier 2 & 3 teams bringing in new markets.

UF will be told the same thing TX A&M was told........ shut up and seat down 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

agreed. And then listen to our mods including duke and the tea leaves say UGA..

Edited by Auburn93