2024 5*+ S KJ Bolden (UGa)

ellitor

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Over looking the Buford Bust factor, but with our bad safety depth, he could probably start in 2023

That would help with recruiting. Show that you can come in and make a difference from day 1. I'm hesitant to say we land him, but I guess we will see how this staff handles BCW.

He specifically says he's weighs NFL over NIL AND he wants to be with a program will build his NIL brand.  I think it'll be a business decision and he'll choose a proven team that annually stocks the NFL with players and that lays out a solid NIL/marketing plan on the table.  :dunno:

Edited by JerryAU

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, JerryAU said:

He specifically says he's weighs NFL over NIL AND he wants to be with a program will build his NIL brand.  I think it'll be a business decision and he'll choose a proven team that annually stocks the NFL with players and that lays out a solid NIL/marketing plan on the table.  :dunno:

we got some DBs in NFL, jus sayin

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Please!

That would be such a massive get. This guy, Perry, Reddick, along with guys like Phat, Walker, and Phillips and this would be a hell of a class for Hugh to put together. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

That would be such a massive get. This guy, Perry, Reddick, along with guys like Phat, Walker, and Phillips and this would be a hell of a class for Hugh to put together. 

And some others too...

jim-carrey-smile.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Unlike some positions (most notably OL) we seem to have no problem getting solid 4* DBs assuming we nab Crawford. If our talented staff could steal a 5* DB this year (namely Bolden) AU secondary could very quickly become second to none in SEC and recruiting in general could get a big shot in the arm. Go get 'em Crime and Zac. The Big Boys will soon know that Auburn is back. We won't win all the recruiting battles, but I firmly believe when the dust settles in December, Tiger fans will be happier than we've been in a while.  WDE!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, autan said:

Unlike some positions (most notably OL) we seem to have no problem getting solid 4* DBs assuming we nab Crawford. If our talented staff could steal a 5* DB this year (namely Bolden) AU secondary could very quickly become second to none in SEC and recruiting in general could get a big shot in the arm. Go get 'em Crime and Zac. The Big Boys will soon know that Auburn is back. We won't win all the recruiting battles, but I firmly believe when the dust settles in December, Tiger fans will be happier than we've been in a while.  WDE!!

For the time being (re: this class) I can accept living off the TP for O-linemen.

Also, while we're on the subject of DBs CAN WE PLEASE TALK MORE ABOUT CRAWFORD?!

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, autan said:

Because of this guy! 

Harsin did three good things and three only while he was here. 

Orange and White facemasks

Retained Caddy

Hired Zach Ethridge

IMG_2506.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, toddc said:

No, the best thing he ever did was leave!

We at least got to save a little electricity $ from never using the elevator. ; )

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Is Bolden heavy AU lean or not?  It sure would be a HUGE pick up and a dagger in uga's side if he chooses the O&B. 

Cole Pinkston seems to think its worth paying attention to. He comes to big cat on the 29th and commits on the 5th. Not a ton of time there for the other teams to build back any lost momentum. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Cole Pinkston seems to think its worth paying attention to. He comes to big cat on the 29th and commits on the 5th. Not a ton of time there for the other teams to build back any lost momentum. 

Cole gets over his skis a bit too much.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Cole gets over his skis a bit too much.

I really like that group of guys. There is a good balance of boogin and realistic expectations. The board they run is a sh*t show, though. I get the vibe that its full of a bunch of gen z college kids. 

4 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Is Bolden heavy AU lean or not? 

@JerryAU Not believed to be by most who cover recruiting. Most feel we are 4th behind UGA, Ohio St, & Bama.

• Like 2

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Key Auburn target KJ Bolden locks in commitment time

JD McCarthy

KJ Bolden is one of the top recruits in the country and Auburn is one of the finalists for the five-star safety. His recruitment is nearing an end as he is set to make his commitment on Aug. 5 at 6:30 p.m. CT on the On3 YouTube Channel.

He will be deciding between Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, Alabama and Ohio State. The Bufford, Georiga product has officially visited Georgia, Alabama and Ohio State with one scheduled to Auburn on Oct. 6, which is their bye week. He is also set to be on the Plains for Big Cat Weekend, his last visit before his commitment.

Buy Tigers Tickets

Bolden is the No. 8 overall player and No. 1 safety in the On3 Industry Ranking. He is also the No. 2 player from Georgia.

Bolden is being recruited by Zac Etheridgeand Wesley McGriff who have already teamed up to land four-star cornerbacks Jalyn Crawford, A’mon Lane, Jayden Lewisand three-star safety Kensley Faustin. While each one of them was a key target, Bolden would kick Auburn’s class to another level.

Contact/Follow us @TheAuburnWire on Twitter, and like our page on Facebook to follow ongoing coverage of Auburn news, notes, and opinion. You can also follow JD on Twitter @jdmccarthy15.

Follow all your favorite Alabama teams at Auburn Wire and Roll Tide Wire!

• Thanks 2

Interesting that he's scheduled a visit to Auburn for Oct 6th yet going to announce Aug 5th. 🤔  Why would he visit Auburn if he isn't going here? If he was committed and then planned the visit, that's common.  But find it odd the visit is scheduled before making a commitment 2 months before the visit.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m bumping this thread because @bigbirdtold me he was committing with 99.999% confidence. 

So if he doesn’t, you guys know who to harass.

choke-choking.gif

• Haha 2