2024 5*+ S KJ Bolden (UGa)

ellitor

55 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m bumping this thread because @bigbirdtold me he was committing with 99.999% confidence. 

So if he doesn’t, you guys know who to harass.

How many birds have ever lied to you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Big Cat visit 'raises' Auburn for 5-star safety

It’s about that time for . The 5-star safety is set to announce his commitment on August 5.

So how did Bolden’s visit to Auburn during Big Cat weekend affect his recruitment?

“This visit right here, it definitely raised Auburn a lot,” Bolden said. “I had an interview probably like four days ago and I had a school in my head, but now that I came down here, that kind of changed a little bit. Now I gotta go back home and rethink it now. The way Coach Freeze gave me that great talk, he definitely almost had me commit today, but I just got to wait out my options.”

Auburn and Hugh Freeze’s pitch to the 6-foot-2 and 181 pound safety is simple: come be different.

5-star safety KJ Bolden is committing on August 5 (Caleb Jones/AuburnSports)

“Just got done meeting with Coach Freeze and he was just telling me how I could be a program changer and why not be different,” Bolden said. “Other schools getting all these big DB recruits right now, Auburn hasn’t gotten that one huge DB recruit that would take them over the board. (Freeze) was like, why not come in and make history and be different than everyone else.”

So how does the Buford High product feel about Freeze’s pitch?

“That pitch is crazy for sure,” Bolden said. “Who would not want to go to school and be like the man of the school. (Freeze) was just telling me about how Auburn, all the fans and everybody would buy into me and help me step-by-step as I go on this journey. That sounds great for sure.”

During the visit, Bolden also caught up with some of Auburn’s newest commits, who have been trying to get him to the Plains.

“Them guys, they’re trying to recruit me everyday,” Bolden said. “Demarcus and Perry are recruiting me everyday. Having all of the Auburn commits being there and all of them boys telling me how special this place and how we can just change everything in the SEC – it sounds like a great plan.”

6'2" | 181 lbs | S | 2024

Bolden’s recruitment will come down to a few different factors including scheme, NIL and the overall environment, but his biggest reasoning was who he’d be coached by. 

Luckily for Auburn, Bolden has great relationships with a couple of Auburn coaches.

“Coach (Zac Etheridge) is one of my favorite coaches,” Bolden said. “He’s definitely always going to keep it real with you. Coach Freeze, who wouldn’t want to play for Coach Freeze? He’s like someone’s best friend, he’s like a kid's best friend. He’s one of my favorite coaches I’ve ever talked to.”

Bolden plans to call Freeze on Sunday and after that he will shut down his recruitment until he commits.

“He’s the last person I’m talking to,” Bolden said “Sunday, he’s the last person I’m calling. I’m done talking to everybody until Saturday, August 5. I’m shutting it down for sure.”

Bolden, the No. 9 recruit in the class of 2025 has a commitment date set on August 5 and is planning to commit at 6:30 CT.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, BornAU76 said:

He wants his spotlight, we can wait another week

Maybe that's what Freeze asked him to do as well. 

1 hour ago, BornAU76 said:

He wants his spotlight, we can wait another week

I know I was joking Jesus 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Viper said:

Surprised this thread is not heating up.

It's because we have to wait a week til he commits & still have to hold on to the momentum we just got.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's because we have to wait a week til he commits & still have to hold on to the momentum we just got.

Yup I almost added to my post the 8/5 commit date.

Still...the pic above adds to our fire.

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's because we have to wait a week til he commits & still have to hold on to the momentum we just got

...Quietly have built.

• Like 2

Steve Wittfong (247 national guy who has been pretty solid) posted that he's hearing a lot of good things for Auburn post big cat.  The question is how it will hold this week and if we can maintain. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tinman1 said:

A bit old aren't they?  Way before his Big Cat visit.

Well I guess if 6 weeks is old, then yes. One is 3 months old. 
but you are right that things change almost instantly in recruiting 

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Steve Wittfong (247 national guy who has been pretty solid) posted that he's hearing a lot of good things for Auburn post big cat.  The question is how it will hold this week and if we can maintain. 

I am floored at what is going on in recruiting. Before this weekend we were an afterthought in this battle. Now we are top 2 and apparently even. 

Just now, gr82b4au said:

Before this weekend we were an afterthought in this battle.

Not to everyone...