2023 5* PG Scoot Henderson

gravejd

13 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

How are we going to have room?

There will certainly be attrition between now and then. He’s two classes away and chances are good that we’ll have a couple guys leave for the NBA, and a couple more transfer looking for playing time.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

How are we going to have room?

@War to the Eagle he is two classes away and by then we will have some attrition. The way some guys are developing now they will be off to the NBA by the time Scoot would get here.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

@War to the Eagle he is two classes away and by then we will have some attrition. The way some guys are developing now they will be off to the NBA by the time Scoot would get here.

By then, is it a fairly foregone conclusion that Coop will be moving on? I mean, that's certainly the way it seems to be setting up if Scoot is serious about coming here, because I can't imagine him being willing to split time at the point with someone of Sharife's caliber and, by then, experience.

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

By then, is it a fairly foregone conclusion that Coop will be moving on? I mean, that's certainly the way it seems to be setting up if Scoot is serious about coming here, because I can't imagine him being willing to split time at the point with someone of Sharife's caliber and, by then, experience.

Its not a forgone conclusion but i think it would be unlikely he would stay for 3 seasons. He just needs to shore up that outside shot to get into lottery discussion. People will mention defense needs work (and it does) but defense is not what will keep him in/out of NBA. Plus assuming no NCAA to keep us out, i expect next years team to make a post season run. And like Harper before him, i don't see Coop having much to come back and prove. He ain't getting any bigger as they say. 

3 hours ago, gravejd said:

People will mention defense needs work (and it does) but defense is not what will keep him in/out of NBA

@gravejd no but being only 6 foot, (short for an NBA guard there's a good chance it would keep him from a lottery pick til he gets it shored up a bit.)

3 hours ago, gravejd said:

He ain't getting any bigger as they say. 

Maybe not but he does need to get quite a bit stronger, muck like Harper did. Harper also got quite a bit heavier too relative to where he was coming out of HS.

• Like 1

As far as scoot goes like it was mentioned he can play both guard spots and to be honest if he had any type of growth spurt and hit 6'6" or something like that we'd be talking about him being top 3 in this class.

I mentioned it earlier his mid range game and his composure are legit NBA level right now

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

As far as scoot goes like it was mentioned he can play both guard spots and to be honest if he had any type of growth spurt and hit 6'6" or something like that we'd be talking about him being top 3 in this class.

I mentioned it earlier his mid range game and his composure are legit NBA level right now

I agree assuming he does come to Auburn he is the 1st player I would predict would be a one and done prior to joining Auburn. We had one last year and may have one this year as one and done but watching their HS film I thought they would need at least a couple years.  I was wrong last year but that was because Okoro worked his butt off and improved that much. I am still in the not sure Cooper is a one and done.  Coopers vision and ability to facilitate is the best I have ever seen at Auburn but the height and so far not seeing a consistent three still makes me think he will be back next year. I have been wrong before.  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I agree assuming he does come to Auburn he is the 1st player I would predict would be a one and done prior to joining Auburn. We had one last year and may have one this year as one and done but watching their HS film I thought they would need at least a couple years.  I was wrong last year but that was because Okoro worked his butt off and improved that much. I am still in the not sure Cooper is a one and done.  Coopers vision and ability to facilitate is the best I have ever seen at Auburn but the height and so far not seeing a consistent three still makes me think he will be back next year. I have been wrong before.  

Well lately you've been killing it, I read some of your stuff and you literally cover every base that I usually think to say something about so I just read your post and say 👍🏾

• Like 3

On 1/20/2021 at 2:39 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

You don't predict Jabari Smith to be one and done?

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

You don't predict Jabari Smith to be one and done?

At this time I am still up in the air. Like Thor vey slender might need a year to add muscle mass. I will concede he is close and by the time he comes to Auburn being a year older then Thor may be one and done. Scoot has all the tools already is close to an NBA body bigger then Cooper better outside shot (also it is a quick shot), seems to be a solid defender but don't see enough in highlight film to say for sure, strong around basket and is a facilitator. Probably not as good a facilitator as Cooper who is one of the best I have ever seen but without the deficiencies of Cooper. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

At this time I am still up in the air. Like Thor vey slender might need a year to add muscle mass. 

Kevin Durant was blown around the court by the AC units at the gym and he did fine

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, AUDevil said:

What are we going to do about a point guard in 2021?

I'm hoping Coop returns. Odds may be long but (Angels in the Outfield), "It could happen!" 

13 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I thought this kid was looking good and could play either guard.  What did I miss?

@LKEEL75 I guess that Flan could also, & probably should, go pro.

Also no guarantee Scoot reclassifies to 2021 to play next season. He's a 2022 guy remember.

• Thanks 1