2023 5* PG Scoot Henderson

gravejd

3 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Travis Branham (247 National Analyst) CB'd Scoot to AU this morning. 

Branham is 76/77 on picks.... he don't miss much!

A commitment could come very soon. 

Got another crystal ball from Eric bossi as well today!!!!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Rivals poster who has been good source in the past. 

@tigerbrotha12Which one? The 5 I know of JHead, Jslowery, Jolivesr, rejects, & autigers07 haven't posted anything on him recently as far as I can tell.

2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

WarEagle850. Think he's more of a basketball guy. Think he's in/around AAU ball

Cool. Never heard of him. Jolivesr said his post is true. While I don't think Jolivesr had said Scoot would commit soon he has said for a while AU was in a very strong spot.

• Like 1

Assuming we get him and a new woman's basketball coach in a couple years maybe we will get his sister who is a really good player in her own right.

• Like 3

The most interesting thing to me about Scoot is he's still entertaining the idea of reclassifying. One of the 247 guys that CB'ed him to Auburn yesterday mentioned that it's still a legit possibility. Why I find that interesting is Scoot cannot be eligible for the NBA Draft until 2023 because of his age. So, if he were to decide to reclassify and come to Auburn next year, we'd get him for two years. And I really don't think his decision will hinge on Sharife's decision to stay or leave. I think it's all a matter of seeing how he would fit into next year's roster. Now, if Sharife leaves, I think there's a great chance he reclassifies and come to Auburn early. But if Sharife returns, I still think there's a chance he comes early and plays with Sharife and Jabari.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, boomstick said:

The most interesting thing to me about Scoot is he's still entertaining the idea of reclassifying. One of the 247 guys that CB'ed him to Auburn yesterday mentioned that it's still a legit possibility. Why I find that interesting is Scoot cannot be eligible for the NBA Draft until 2023 because of his age. So, if he were to decide to reclassify and come to Auburn next year, we'd get him for two years. And I really don't think his decision will hinge on Sharife's decision to stay or leave. I think it's all a matter of seeing how he would fit into next year's roster. Now, if Sharife leaves, I think there's a great chance he reclassifies and come to Auburn early. But if Sharife returns, I still think there's a chance he comes early and plays with Sharife and Jabari.

Scoot's also tall enough & long enough to play the 2 so if he does reclassify that gives us even more insurance at the 2 if Powell doesn't get back to his early season freshman form.

• Like 3

If you can get him for 2 seasons, that really makes 2022 alot more interesting than I expected. I was thinking it'd be a come down from a hopeful title contending season, but a Scoot with experience and chemistry already established?

hmmmmmmmmmmm

• Love 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, blakem said:

So does a he reclass or not? What do y’all think?

I'm going to guess that he does. But most of that is me hoping he does, and of course that he comes to Auburn, because that means we'll get him for 2 whole seasons due to his age. :D

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I'm going to guess that he does. But most of that is me hoping he does, and of course that he comes to Auburn, because that means we'll get him for 2 whole seasons due to his age. :D

I did a like but only because there is no choice for ditto. So I wouldn't have to quote you to say ditto. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I could definitely be wrong, but I don’t think we’ve had two five stars on the same team yet in this recent stretch?

Or 3 top 30 national recruits. That would be the case with Jabari, if we land Scoot & he reclassifies, & land TyTy.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Or 3 top 30 national recruits. That would be the case with Jabari, if we land Scoot & he reclassifies, & land TyTy.

Knock on wood, but unless the transfer portal comes calling, it’s almost an absolute that 2 of those 3 will be together for at least 2 seasons. I think that relative longevity will make quite a lot of auburn fans happy 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Knock on wood, but unless the transfer portal comes calling, it’s almost an absolute that 2 of those 3 will be together for at least 2 seasons. I think that relative longevity will make quite a lot of auburn fans happy 

So we’re already doing the one and done denial again? I would be very surprised if either Scoot or Jabari spend more than one year in college. 

• Facepalm 2

26 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

So we’re already doing the one and done denial again? I would be very surprised if either Scoot or Jabari spend more than one year in college. 

Been said multiple times already that if Scoot reclassifies he HAS to stay 2 years by rule. Not sure if TyTy would be a one-and-done. Don't know enough about him.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

@Dunndone414 he wasn’t having a denial. He was talking specifically about scoot and Washington, not Smith. Scoot can’t go pro until 2023 because of his age. No clue on what Washington will do because that is a very long way away right now.

• Thanks 1

My mistake. Although both the league and the players’ have expressed interest in lowering the age limit to 18 before the 2022 draft. (Along with ending one and done.)

1 hour ago, Dunndone414 said:

My mistake. Although both the league and the players’ have expressed interest in lowering the age limit to 18 before the 2022 draft. (Along with ending one and done.)

I’ve definitely seen the one and done info but the last I saw was it would not be gotten rid of before the 2025 draft. Never seen anything on dropping the age limit.

Quick question......with the players that have transferred out of Auburn, and already having Jabari, Trey, Zep added....do we have enough room to add both TyTy and Skoot if we want to?  How many can we add now?  Sorry, I have lost track of our numbers.

38 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

Quick question......with the players that have transferred out of Auburn, and already having Jabari, Trey, Zep added....do we have enough room to add both TyTy and Skoot if we want to?  How many can we add now?  Sorry, I have lost track of our numbers.

By my count we are at 10 right now if Thor returns; should have room for 3 more. 

1 hour ago, roe4christ said:

do we have enough room to add both TyTy and Skoot if we want to?

@roe4christ Yes. The plan is to add 2 Guards & a Big & we have room for all 3.

1 hour ago, roe4christ said:

How many can we add now?

3-4. Staff likely leaves a scholly open expecting the NCAA to eventually take away 1 scholly. Also if Thor does come back & we need to make room for our major targets 1 of the current forwards on roster will move on opening the spot.

• Love 1