America doesn’t need more God. It needs more atheists.

CoffeeTiger

3 minutes ago, AURex said:

And that god communicates with you personally, I assume, telling you the "philosophy, ideas, attitudes, and opinions" that you will obey. Or are you just telling us that you justify everything you think, say or do with some sort of reasoning derived from the bible? Sorta, kinda, depending on which side of the political, social, racial spectrum you adhere to?

God’s instructions and directives to us are written for us in the Bible. There are really no sides. That’s the problem with liberals, no standards, no absolutes, no accountability, just rationalization for any and all behaviors, lifestyles, and philosophies. But yes through prayer God does talk to me, and all believers who submit to Him. I believe that we will all be judged for our lives and sins, and without Jesus as our Savior, we are destined for hell. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

God’s instructions and directives to us are written for us in the Bible. There are really no sides. That’s the problem with liberals, no standards, no absolutes, no accountability, just rationalization for any and all behaviors, lifestyles, and philosophies. But yes through prayer God does talk to me, and all believers who submit to Him. I believe that we will all be judged for our lives and sins, and without Jesus as our Savior, we are destined for hell. 

You could really benefit from leaving whatever little bubble you live in and truly engaging, in person, with people who think and believe differently than you do. 

• Like 2

The "instructions" of this god, however they eminate, are apparently eschewing from a source. Either from a conglomeration of fables collected in a book or from a random batch of polemic espousals blatted by posers who have somehow seen some sort of divine light.

As for a superman in the sky talking to you, I really encourage you to get help. Mass murderers, serial killers, violent criminals, rapists and baby slaughterers all say that same superman in the sky told them to do it. Get help soon, I implore you!

• Dislike 1

40 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

You could really benefit from leaving whatever little bubble you live in and truly engaging, in person, with people who think and believe differently than you do. 

Of course. I do this all the time. Why would you think I wouldn’t?

35 minutes ago, AURex said:

The "instructions" of this god, however they eminate, are apparently eschewing from a source. Either from a conglomeration of fables collected in a book or from a random batch of polemic espousals blatted by posers who have somehow seen some sort of divine light.

As for a superman in the sky talking to you, I really encourage you to get help. Mass murderers, serial killers, violent criminals, rapists and baby slaughterers all say that same superman in the sky told them to do it. Get help soon, I implore you!

I feel better. Personal attacks mean I’m close to the truth. You can get help. From God.

Just now, jj3jordan said:

I feel better. Personal attacks mean I’m close to the truth. You can get help. From God.

It's not personal. It is for all who subscribe to this fantasy of a superman in the sky who talks to you. I have friends who are Christians, Jews, Hindu, etc. I only worry about the ones who are "hearing voices from god" or something equivalent.

Religions of the world with the most adherents? Taoism, Shinto, Voodoo, Sikhism, Judaism, etc. Christianity in all its varieties ain't even on the top 20 list. Worldwide, only a tiny percentage subscribes to this fantasy, and no scientists subscribe to any of it.

3 hours ago, AURex said:

It's not personal. It is for all who subscribe to this fantasy of a superman in the sky who talks to you. I have friends who are Christians, Jews, Hindu, etc. I only worry about the ones who are "hearing voices from god" or something equivalent.

Religions of the world with the most adherents? Taoism, Shinto, Voodoo, Sikhism, Judaism, etc. Christianity in all its varieties ain't even on the top 20 list. Worldwide, only a tiny percentage subscribes to this fantasy, and no scientists subscribe to any of it.

Yes I know and that is very sad. It is good that there are numerous options for you on which to spend eternity. If you have heard the Word of the Lord and rejected Him then you have made your choice. It is the mission of the Christian to remind you of the Grace of Jesus and the finality of where you will spend eternity after life on Earth. It is never too late. 

Edited by jj3jordan
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Based on all of your incessant buzzword generalities of the “evil libs” kind of says otherwise. 

Not sure what buzzwords you are talking about but since you like them, it is what it is. 

7 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

That’s the problem with liberals, no standards, no absolutes, no accountability, just rationalization for any and all behaviors, lifestyles, and philosophies.

You think this may be a case of over generalizing and maybe even a tad judgmental? News for you. Heaven will have both liberals and conservatives in it. So will hell. At least the that’s what the bible that I read teaches. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

You really don’t get it do you?

It's kind of hard to "get it" when you are being evasive. 

If you provided straight answers, I could perhaps understand it with follow-up questions.

14 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Me personally, I don't know. 

If God didn't create the sun until the 4th day, then how are days 1-3 counted?

Genesis simply does not answer these questions; nor is that its purpose.

Exactly. It's pure allegory.

Which is what makes your apparent belief in creationism rather odd.

Edited by homersapien

10 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Not me. I believe God has it figured out. Despite what some posters on here believe about God and His power and righteousness, when a conflict arises between human philosophy, ideas, attitudes, and opinions, I choose God. 

I suppose we should all be grateful you weren't born in an Islamic country. <_<

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I suppose we should all be grateful you weren't born in an Islamic country. <_<

Why? Do you think I would be a loyal follower of the religion of peace?

Nothing prevents me or anyone else from becoming a Christian regardless of country of birth.

It sounds like you fear followers of Islam for some reason. Like it makes them violent because they believe and follow their “Bible”. Is this true? Other than that why would you care where I or anyone else was born? 

1 minute ago, jj3jordan said:

Nothing prevents me or anyone else from becoming a Christian regardless of country of birth.

It sounds like you fear followers of Islam for some reason. Like it makes them violent because they believe and follow their “Bible”. Is this true? Other than that why would you care where I or anyone else was born? 

I think everyone else will get it, even if you don't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

What are thoughts about this statement from an atheist?

25 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Turn the question back on him.  I guarantee he wouldn’t, publicly, criticize the religion of the culture that is Muslim.  I guess he thanks God he was born in America.  Well, maybe not God because we all know he was born in America because of *the science*.

Edited by I_M4_AU

13 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I think everyone else will get it, even if you don't.

Looks like some people get your not so subtle slam of Islam. Don’t worry I’m with you on that. We both think they are subhuman violent pawns of Satan, intent on destroying infidels and establishing a caliphate.  Just not sure why you don’t say it out loud. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Looks like some people get your not so subtle slam of Islam. Don’t worry I’m with you on that. We both think they are subhuman violent pawns of Satan, intent on destroying infidels and establishing a caliphate.  Just not sure why you don’t say it out loud. 

Thanks for reinforcing my point. ;)

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

It's kind of hard to "get it" when you are being evasive. 

If you provided straight answers, I could perhaps understand it with follow-up questions.

Think I have been pretty clear. Regardless of how we got here God is responsible. Your opinion differs from my understanding.

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

I think if you are born and raised in a place where 95-99% of the population believe in a particular ideology (Middle East-Islam, India-Hindu, Japan-atheist, Mexico-Catholic) your would be 95-99% likely to follow that ideology. You don’t believe that?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AURex said:

I only worry about the ones who are "hearing voices from god" or something equivalent.

Funny, I worry more about the ones who do not hear god's voice.

God in book form seems more destructive than god in spirit, particularly if you truly hold to a god of love and peace.

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

What the heck?  “Subhuman”.  How can someone talk about the grace of jesus one minute and use a gross term like that the next?  Hurts my head.

The op was not about Islam btw.

• Like 4