2024 QB Portal Thread

Paladin

11 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Do you have any proof of this statement or is it speculation on your part?

There have been people on this board and social media in general that kept saying that surely Freeze has told these top WR commits that a top portal QB is coming here because they just couldn't see why top WR's would come here to catch balls from Peyton Thorne or Geriner, Hank Brown and Walker White who have less than 10 reps or none at all in college. Then Freeze's interview recently he said Peyton Thorne will be just fine with better pieces around him next year and he said that also goes for Geriner and Hank too. He said the staff looks at film on every player that enters the portal but Thorne is one of the top returning Power 5 QB's in career wins and Thorne will do fine next year. He also said he doesn't want to risk losing those 3 QB's to the portal if he brought in a transfer QB. 

So my comment was saying that we now know that Freeze didn't get those WR's to flip to us by telling them a portal QB was coming here because he literally said Thorne, Geriner and Brown are our QB's next season in his recent interview. Those WR's chose to come here because they want to come here, not because a top QB will suddenly waltz in from the portal and save the day. It's pretty clear what my post said so I'm not sure what your issue is with it. I can't make it any clearer.

• Like 2

Malachi Nelson, former #1 QB recruit from USC, enters the portal.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39137586/usc-qb-malachi-nelson-entering-transfer-portal-sources-say

Edited by War to the Eagle

10 hours ago, BoogingBarner said:

There have been people on this board and social media in general that kept saying that surely Freeze has told these top WR commits that a top portal QB is coming here because they just couldn't see why top WR's would come here to catch balls from Peyton Thorne or Geriner, Hank Brown and Walker White who have less than 10 reps or none at all in college. Then Freeze's interview recently he said Peyton Thorne will be just fine with better pieces around him next year and he said that also goes for Geriner and Hank too. He said the staff looks at film on every player that enters the portal but Thorne is one of the top returning Power 5 QB's in career wins and Thorne will do fine next year. He also said he doesn't want to risk losing those 3 QB's to the portal if he brought in a transfer QB. 

So my comment was saying that we now know that Freeze didn't get those WR's to flip to us by telling them a portal QB was coming here because he literally said Thorne, Geriner and Brown are our QB's next season in his recent interview. Those WR's chose to come here because they want to come here, not because a top QB will suddenly waltz in from the portal and save the day. It's pretty clear what my post said so I'm not sure what your issue is with it. I can't make it any clearer.

Apparently I must have misread your prior post. Please accept my humble apology sir. I'm certainly an a**,,hole, but not one who won't admit when I'm wrong. 

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Thread clean up.....Stop with the name calling or take a vacation.

Tee em up Golf!!️ 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Freeze’s QB portal shopping concern could very realistically play out at FSU. 
I don’t really know what their QBs ceiling was but him deciding to leave because FSU is shopping isn’t shocking. 

If they strike out…😬

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aujohnson said:

Looks like Freeze’s QB portal shopping concern could very realistically play out at FSU. 
I don’t really know what their QBs ceiling was but him deciding to leave because FSU is shopping isn’t shocking. 

If they strike out…😬

At one time we were recruiting the guy that is left. Seemed like a very good prospect 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

At one time we were recruiting the guy that is left. Seemed like a very good prospect 

Brock Glen? Seems like I remember the name during recruiting. 

He struggled pretty bad against Louisville but I’m sure he hadn’t gotten a lot of work before, having been the 3rd string guy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aujohnson said:

Brock Glen? Seems like I remember the name during recruiting. 

He struggled pretty bad against Louisville but I’m sure he hadn’t gotten a lot of work before, having been the 3rd string guy. 

That's the guy whose first name is Auburn and Harsin couldn't land him. 

• 3 weeks later...

This probably won't happen, but would we take a flyer on Diego Pavia as a Robby replacement and someone that could push Thorne? He's in the transfer portal, threw 3 TDs against us in Auburn, and outplayed Thorne in that game. 

If Hugh is reluctant to spend major money on a transfer, I don't agree, but I get it if he thinks Thorne can be as good as the leading QBs still in the portal and that our young QBs will be good after next year. But at a minimum he could push Thorne and at best he could win the job or be a potential stop gap if Thorne gets injured and the youngsters are not quite as ready as we hope they are.

Edit: I think Robby CB's to us are from his previous time in the transfer portal. Haven't seen anything suggesting that he could be back. 

image.png

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Like 1

Bumping up this thread.  Any word if Freeze is going to sign Rogers or someone that will help keep the studs we just signed satisfied??  I’ll hang up now and listen. 

15 minutes ago, Tntigers said:

Bumping up this thread.  Any word if Freeze is going to sign Rogers or someone that will help keep the studs we just signed satisfied??  I’ll hang up now and listen. 

Thx for the bump. I haven’t found any real news for a few days now. All quiet on all fronts.

4 hours ago, Tntigers said:

No 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tntigers said:

No problem with you bumping it but I think you answered your own question with looking at the state of the thread lol 

7 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Think he committed to Bama.

What makes you think that? 

Since he has only one year of eligibility, I can't imagine him going to a program with a No. 1 QB firmly established. The problem I would think is getting into school even with late registration to be eligible for spring practice.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2024 at 7:20 AM, Tntigers said:

Truth to the rumors about Jordan McCloud? 

https://www.si.com/college/auburn/football/transfer-quarterback-jordan-mccloud-takes-interest-in-auburn-tigers-on-social-media#:~:text=James Madison transfer Jordan McCloud,at JMU on Wednesday afternoon.