Florida State

eaglenest

Should refuse to play in it's bowl game, it's doesn't mean anything to them or for them, what will it prove? beside more humiliation if they get run out of town by Georgia.

Players, especially seniors who don’t see much on-field time, would probably appreciate all the fanfare and gifts that come with a bowl game appearance. Plus it’s in Miami. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

I don’t mind them getting left out. It’s the committee’s stated reasoning that offends me.

• Like 1

I think UGA will beat them convincingly, but let up at the end and play a lot of players.

18 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

I think UGA will beat them convincingly, but let up at the end and play a lot of players.

It’s hard to know what UGA’s mindset will be entering the game. There’s precedent for teams not playing up to snuff, including UGA under Kirby. 

22 minutes ago, AUDub said:

It’s hard to know what UGA’s mindset will be entering the game. There’s precedent for teams not playing up to snuff, including UGA under Kirby. 

UGA is one of the best 4 teams in the country.   just ask bowl cut.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, eaglenest said:

Should refuse to play in it's bowl game, it's doesn't mean anything to them or for them, what will it prove? beside more humiliation if they get run out of town by Georgia.

I think they should play, and should play super motivated. UGA is probably going to have a lot of opt outs due to the let down of the lost three peat. I’d love to see UGA New Mexico State that game against Florida State. 

Edited by ScotsAU

Don't forget that bowl games are an opportunity for more practice time for players, especially those behind starters. FSU will have their #2 QB ready. He looked good before the nasty targeting that kept him out of the Louisville game. He'll be back for the bowl game and eager to show out. FSU defense is legit. UGA could end up with a 2-loss season. 😭

35 minutes ago, AUGreen03 said:

What the heck am I looking at??? Can someone please explain?

Not sure myself other than the Bama fix was in regardless. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, AUGreen03 said:

What the heck am I looking at??? Can someone please explain?

They mapped out who would be in based on each possible result from Saturday's games and had Bama slated in at #4 regardless of any outcome 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, eaglenest said:

Great Value Consolation Bowl. Doesn’t come with any prestige, embarrassment if your friends see you there, cheap, low expectations, and a good chance it’s expired, spoiled, or mislabeled.

If you want the 4 best teams, IMO, ugga and uat are in. But that's an opinion. 

I find it amusing that the SEC and Saban were totally against a 12 team playoff, their number one argument being it would make the regular season irrelevant. FSU would argue that it's irrelevant now. 

• Like 1

What is interesting to me is that all the people on tv or social media are only mentioning that FSU got screwed by Alabama. I'm not seeing anybody mention FSU getting screwed by Texas as well. If the arguement is that FSU is a 13-0 ACC Champ, then Texas is a 1 loss team in that 3rd spot. I've not seen anybody gripe that FSU should've been 3rd and Texas 4th. It's always people saying Texas 3rd and FSU 4th. Even the FSU fanbase hasn't said they should be 3rd and Texas 4th.

Do y'all kinda see what I'm saying? If the complaint is that a 1 loss Bama knocked undefeated FSU out, it should be that FSU should be ahead of BOTH Texas and Bama. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JuscAUse! said:

If you want the 4 best teams, IMO, ugga and uat are in. But that's an opinion. 

I find it amusing that the SEC and Saban were totally against a 12 team playoff, their number one argument being it would make the regular season irrelevant. FSU would argue that it's irrelevant now. 

I would still argue that if Georgia played any team in America 5 times, they would beat everybody atleast 3 out of the 5 times. Georgia had Bowers hurt, Ladd McConkey barely even played and RaRa Thomas didn't play. That's their top 3 WR's and Bama still barely won by a FG. 

Bowlcut had a point yesterday when he said "I guarantee you there's not a team in America that would want to play us if they had to choose." 

As far as FSU right now, I think Michigan, Washington, Texas, Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, Oregon, LSU and Oklahoma would beat them today. They're Iowa on offense since Jordan Travis got hurt. 

Does record mean something? Well, if you play a P5 schedule. Now that apparently doesn't mean anything either. bammers are waving the SEC banner as an excuse, but we all know if it weren't bama or UGA in question, FSU would have been in. We've seen ourselves get screwed in a similar scenario. 

If we're going to dictate playoff selection on "who we just know" is better, then the regular season, the power fiver, none of that means anything. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, eaglenest said:

They would leave a lot of money on the table.  They do have something to prove if they beat the Dawgs then they could stick it to the selection committee. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

What is interesting to me is that all the people on tv or social media are only mentioning that FSU got screwed by Alabama. I'm not seeing anybody mention FSU getting screwed by Texas as well. If the arguement is that FSU is a 13-0 ACC Champ, then Texas is a 1 loss team in that 3rd spot. I've not seen anybody gripe that FSU should've been 3rd and Texas 4th. It's always people saying Texas 3rd and FSU 4th. Even the FSU fanbase hasn't said they should be 3rd and Texas 4th.

Do y'all kinda see what I'm saying? If the complaint is that a 1 loss Bama knocked undefeated FSU out, it should be that FSU should be ahead of BOTH Texas and Bama. 

Bama was last team in and FSU was first team out. That’s the optics of it anyway.

Bottom line:

85 of the most deserving football players in college football got left out because 1 of them got hurt. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AUDub said:

I don’t mind them getting left out. It’s the committee’s stated reasoning that offends me.

L'il Nicky must have some compromising photographs of the Committee .  Bama gets away with everything.

• Like 1

I have no love for FSU, to the contrary. But while it is them this year, it will happen again and again and likely Auburn at some point. Since we know who will beat whom and, therefore, who should and should not not be in a playoff, there are no more upsets (you just imagined NMSU v Auburn, FSU v LSU). With most of the NCAAF league and their records irrelevant, why tune-in at all? So on-field competition is unnecessary. It would seem the CFP does not need to be played as there is already a consensus on how it will unfold. So let's cancel those games, give each team a fair stipend. Crown Alabama and save a lot of time through the holidays. That seems consistent with the NCAA system. It's more important that the consensus prediction be validated than for the teams to play out earned tournaments.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Carnell said:

They would leave a lot of money on the table.  They do have something to prove if they beat the Dawgs then they could stick it to the selection committee. 

Will probably be a number of opt-outs

5 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I would still argue that if Georgia played any team in America 5 times, they would beat everybody atleast 3 out of the 5 times. Georgia had Bowers hurt, Ladd McConkey barely even played and RaRa Thomas didn't play. That's their top 3 WR's and Bama still barely won by a FG. 

Bowlcut had a point yesterday when he said "I guarantee you there's not a team in America that would want to play us if they had to choose." 

As far as FSU right now, I think Michigan, Washington, Texas, Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, Oregon, LSU and Oklahoma would beat them today. They're Iowa on offense since Jordan Travis got hurt. 

There's an argument for everything you say, and I agree with most of it. Still doesn't change the fact that the SEC and bammers did a total reverse on the very same argument they (very loudly) used to oppose a 12 team playoff. 

Having lived in Tallahassee since '95, it's hard for not to have schadenfreude re FSUs snub. When we got screwed in '04 the local rag & FSU fans in general mocked Auburn mercilessly. To recap '04, Auburn went undefeated (in the SEC, not ACC) while beating FIVE (5) top 10 teams and crushing our SEC title game opponent, only to not get even a chance to play for the national title. Okie joke got to play USC and was obliterated. IMO FSU are amateurs at getting jobbed.